What's new

Boat capsizes on lake in Pakistan, 10 dead

I suppose for many people the eagerness of visiting the shrine surpasses any question in the mind about asking for safety measures such as a life jacket. Maybe they even may not know of such a thing. They simply may trust in the capabilities of the boat operators.
Its the shrine of a woman called Noori who fell in love with Jam Tamachi a local prince.. its a simple grave in the middle of the lake.. And boaters are retarded racing these boats at high speeds as if they are formula 1 racers.

Its the shrine of a woman called Noori who fell in love with Jam Tamachi a local prince.

Yeah, I read that in the Wikipedia page for that lake.

And boaters are retarded racing these boats at high speeds as if they are formula 1 racers.

Are the boat operators also the owners ? If that is the case then the government should take over ownership of the boats, make the operators paid government employees and assign them rules to operate the boat.

Boats arent an issue here. its a huge lake where local fishermen moonlight as boaters.

These arent bad boats but those narrow types with high speed motors which race on the boat filled with tourists/families.

View attachment 661831
Usual tourist type boat.

The shrine is smack in the middle of the lake and to be honest the massive lake alone can scare you to death, specially if you dont know swimming.

I am sorry you haven’t provided a good answer. I have boated on some of the biggest lakes here in the US, and the size of the lake has never been an issue. Those boats in the picture look too small for 10-people. I have seen much biggest boats that can’t be allowed to house more than 7 people.

No one wants to make the investment. Locals can't afford it and don't have the concept , Gov the investment doesn't justify the returns.

Then government should regulate how many people are allowed to travel on these boats. If you stuff 10 people on such a tiny boat, it will surely capsize.

She was killed for honor as she belonged to a lower caste.

That's sad if true. But I didn't find honor killing in this Wikipedia page.

And can you please tell me what this section means from the same page ?
She was also called Gandri, her clean name.

Most of Sindh and Punjab is home to such love stories.

The whole of India and Pakistan have such love stories.

Back
Top Bottom