What's new

BNP wants to build good ties with BJP, sends Puja invite

Except, your example doesn't make sense. you don't need a cultural similarity to find unity, India itself is evidence of that and not just India either, most federations are an example of that, including Canada and the US.

It is simply my opinion, and I fully admit that it won't happen over night. By your logic, Crimea is not possible.

My views are based upon the reality of the region, and right now, as it will be for the foreseeable future, India is in full control of BD already. It is only a matter of when, not how or why.

Dude. Be Practical for butt's sake. U comparing Crimea and Bangladesh or Pakistan? OK. Now compare them. Lets see how many comparisons can u put forward.

ON TOPIC :
Now this is my analysis.

Fair Elections in Bangladesh wont be possible if Indian influence isnt catered to.

It was India that convinced USA regarding Bangladesh elections in favor of Shaikh Haseena.

Now till Khaleda is in bad books of India, its confirmed she remains opposition. Hence, this shift.

Any loopholes in this?

Dude. Be Practical for butt's sake. U comparing Crimea and Bangladesh or Pakistan? OK. Now compare them. Lets see how many comparisons can u put forward.

ON TOPIC :
Now this is my analysis.

Fair Elections in Bangladesh wont be possible if Indian influence isnt catered to.

It was India that convinced USA regarding Bangladesh elections in favor of Shaikh Haseena.

Now till Khaleda is in bad books of India, its confirmed she remains opposition. Hence, this shift.

Any loopholes in this?
The comparison stands. Annexation is still a reality in this era. Fair elections aren't possible in Bangladesh, as long as India is it's neighbor, that's just the reality of it. Either BD turn into a dictatorship which supports India, or a puppet pseudo-democracy that supports India, there is just no other way to look at it.

The USA has nothing to do with this, in fact, you've proven just how much in control India is in BD;s internal affairs,

Over the next decades, we may eventually see border-less transit with Nepal, Bangladesh and Bhutan. From a pure strategic perspective, my fellow countrymen will murder me now, it makes sense to integrate these countries into a confederation of states through a pure economic union for now and get into a mutual defense pact. De-facto making these dependencies of the Indian Union. But, I do not foresee a military action in any of these scenarios. These will be political and economic in nature.

From a territorial perspective, Bangladesh will give access and open up the development of the North East. This will ruffle feathers in Rangoon and Assam. But, it will bring prosperity to the North East and enable a strong defense for Arunachal.

Bhutan, will remain independent till the King is popular. When this drops, you will see Indian influence and an attempt to annexe Bhutan. The fear here will be what message will this send regarding our 'imperialistic' designs to our neighbours and may result in a 'We told you so' from Pakistan. But, eventually, I think this will happen.

Nepal, will be more of economic integration till a time when there will be mutual agreement for a merging with special status.

This is of course, my personal opinion. But, I think this will happen over the next 50 years.
I don't think it will be 50 years, probably longer, but it will eventually happen.

i am not against anyone posting in this thread. what i don't like is trolling. india is building a good relation with its neighbouring countries and you try to troll by saying it as "Indian annexation". i was just replying to your stupid post.
Stating an opinion is not troll. You may have a rosy view of India's relations with BD, but I do not. You're free to disagree with me, but don't think for one second that there aren't Indians that think the same way I do.

Last edited:
KOLKATA: Within two months of external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj meeting former Bangladesh prime minister Begum Khaleda Zia during her Dhaka trip in June, the Bangladesh Nationalist Party president has reciprocated by inviting a high-powered BJP delegation to her country during Durga Puja.

Two BNP leaders, including a former MP, called on BJP general secretary Ram Madhav in New Delhi as Khaleda's emissaries on August 21, inviting him to Dhaka when Bangladesh celebrates Durga Puja. The invite is seen as an effort by BNP to shed its "hardline Islamist" image and build bridges with the party in power in India.

The delegation's visit followed Khaleda's letter to Amit Shah on July 28 soon after he was elected BJP president. "Our party is committed to bilateral relations and fostering greater understanding among our people based on mutual benefit and respect. Strong relations between our parties can play an important role in generating this understanding. My party looks forward to working closely with your party to develop such relations," Khaleda had written ahead of the delegation's visit.

Impressed by Sushma's move, Khaleda's emissaries wanted the Indian government to shed the partisanship of the Congress-led UPA government and build a party-to-party relationship that foster friendship between the people of the two countries.

"BNP has always been branded anti-India in the mainstream Indian media. But migration of Hindu minorities from Bangladesh was the lowest during the BNP government. On the contrary, atrocities on Hindu minorities under the Awami League government are glaring instances of its attitude toward minorities," a BNP leader said.

Khaleda did not meet President Pranab Mukherjee during his first official foreign visit there after assuming office last year.

BNP wants to build good ties with BJP, sends Puja invite - The Times of India

:welcome::welcome::woot::woot::cheesy::cheesy::flame::flame:

Seems like India has total control over Bangladesh now :D

Heartbreak for all the Jamatis on PDF. Dosti wo bhi BJP se :hang2:

we can understand your feelings......u still want Bangladesh in Pakistan right?

Mrs.BDforever :undecided:
@BDforever .

yeah...that's why BD buying Chinese submarines.
Not really, I couldn't careless. BD was an inevitable separation, simply because of the geography. I think Pakistan is better off being separate from BD.

In a nutshell, I agree with your contention that BD is under the Indian federation. It is simply a satellite state of India and I severely doubt that India will now or in the future wish to annex BD. The status quo suits India perfectly. BD kowtows to most of Indian demands and India in turn rewards them.
For now, but there will come a time that India may no longer be satisfied with the status quo, or may find it more of a hindrance. The future holds many secrets, maybe BD will be annexed, maybe it will go to war, anything is possible, but I leaning towards the annexation position.

The comparison stands. Annexation is still a reality in this era. Fair elections aren't possible in Bangladesh, as long as India is it's neighbor, that's just the reality of it. Either BD turn into a dictatorship which supports India, or a puppet pseudo-democracy that supports India, there is just no other way to look at it.

The USA has nothing to do with this, in fact, you've proven just how much in control India is in BD;s internal affairs,

I don't think it will be 50 years, probably longer, but it will eventually happen.

Stating an opinion is not troll. You may have a rosy view of India's relations with BD, but I do not. You're free to disagree with me, but don't think for one second that there aren't Indians that think the same way I do.

Akhand Bharat thing in the works hmmm?

But I don't see a single reason why we would even make such a move or desire to do that.

Dont wanna get personal but ur Analysis is straightforward Bullshit. How? OK lemme continue.

If India goes to USA and asks it to not meddle with current Bangladeshi elections means its Indian influence externally. Thats coz USA asked India about the realities of the region. ie. USA took Indian version. Now India wanted Haseena govt so it presented its version. HOW IS THIS MEDDLING WITH INTERNAL AFFAIRS OF BANGLADESH? Did India rigged its elections? (It doesnt need to untill Bangladesh doesnt send infiltrators). There is a difference between showing influence internationally and interfereing in internal matters. You wud have understood this basic difference if u were an experienced analyst. Besides that, I understand that being a Pakistani this annexation bogey haunt you guyz past 68 yrs but also its a fact that Pakistanis need to come out of 1971 and all. Understand your situation and of the countries similar to you. Stop comparing Apples and Oranges..

Look at Bangladeshi Population, Landmass, History, Ideology and then think bout comparing it with Crimea. We are talking bout Pakistan, Bangladesh type countries not regions like Kashmir, etc.

Its the age of nation states. There was an age when Nations were taken over to take advantage of its resources. Today, Influence is used instead of Annexation to gain the same resources. PLZ UPDATE UR THINKING AND ANALYSIS.

Dont wanna get personal but ur Analysis is straightforward Bullshit. How? OK lemme continue.

If India goes to USA and asks it to not meddle with current Bangladeshi elections means its Indian influence externally. Thats coz USA asked India about the realities of the region. ie. USA took Indian version. Now India wanted Haseena govt so it presented its version. HOW IS THIS MEDDLING WITH INTERNAL AFFAIRS OF BANGLADESH? Did India rigged its elections? (It doesnt need to untill Bangladesh doesnt send infiltrators). There is a difference between showing influence internationally and interfereing in internal matters. You wud have understood this basic difference if u were an experienced analyst. Besides that, I understand that being a Pakistani this annexation bogey haunt you guyz past 68 yrs but also its a fact that Pakistanis need to come out of 1971 and all. Understand your situation and of the countries similar to you. Stop comparing Apples and Oranges..

Look at Bangladeshi Population, Landmass, History, Ideology and then think bout comparing it with Crimea. We are talking bout Pakistan, Bangladesh type countries not regions like Kashmir, etc.

Its the age of nation states. There was an age when Nations were taken over to take advantage of its resources. Today, Influence is used instead of Annexation to gain the same resources. PLZ UPDATE UR THINKING AND ANALYSIS.
Then don't get personal.

There is plenty of precedent to believe that India interfered with BD's elections, and influenced the results. There may not be direct evidence, but it is quite obvious that this is the case. There are even Indian members on here that agree with me, so to say that my views are bullshit is simply ignoring reality.

My nationality has little to do with the validity of my views, your just attacking me now, because you know that you have no argument to stand on.

India asked the US to stay out of it, because the US wanted an impartial election, India did not.

My comparison stands, Russia exherted it's influence in Crimea and used it to annex the region when it felt threatened. Do you honestly think that India wouldn't do the same, if it came down to that? I know you want to believe that India is all fine and well, and would never do anything that seems undemocratic, and imperialistic, but look at the facts.

Right now, India is in complete control of BD, you know it, I know it, everyone else knows it. BD is nothing more than a satellite state to India, there are even Indians who're much more informed than you on this forum, that don't deny this basic fact. The way I see it, annexation is simply the next logical step in India's and BD's relationship. BD relies heavily on India, it is only logical that India eventually bring it into it's fold.

Then don't get personal.

There is plenty of precedent to believe that India interfered with BD's elections, and influenced the results. There may not be direct evidence, but it is quite obvious that this is the case. There are even Indian members on here that agree with me, so to say that my views are bullshit is simply ignoring reality.

My nationality has little to do with the validity of my views, your just attacking me now, because you know that you have no argument to stand on.

India asked the US to stay out of it, because the US wanted an impartial election, India did not.

My comparison stands, Russia exherted it's influence in Crimea and used it to annex the region when it felt threatened. Do you honestly think that India wouldn't do the same, if it came down to that? I know you want to believe that India is all fine and well, and would never do anything that seems undemocratic, and imperialistic, but look at the facts.

Right now, India is in complete control of BD, you know it, I know it, everyone else knows it. BD is nothing more than a satellite state to India, there are even Indians who're much more informed than you on this forum, that don't deny this basic fact. The way I see it, annexation is simply the next logical step in India's and BD's relationship. BD relies heavily on India, it is only logical that India eventually bring it into it's fold.

I agree with first part of your post, but what Indians are saying is also true. Bangladesh is too big for them to swallow and digest, India may disintegrate as a result, they will not take this risk. What you are proposing will result in a India with 600 million Muslims and around 900 million Hindu's in 2100 AD, this is unimaginable for them.

Eventually Bangladeshi's are slowly becoming aware of Indian machinations in our landmass, so that day is not far off when India will loose control of Bangladesh, forever. All the deeds they did here in this landmass from 1947 till that time, will then come back to haunt them, as the Hindu's say, Karma is a she dog.

Heartbreak for all the Jamatis on PDF. Dosti wo bhi BJP se :hang2:
Hajam ho jayega no worries :D
hajmola-tablet_08.jpg

I agree with first part of your post, but what Indians are saying is also true. Bangladesh is too big for them to swallow and digest, India may disintegrate as a result, they will not take this risk. What you are proposing will result in a India with 600 million Muslims and around 900 million Hindu's in 2100 AD, this is unimaginable for them.

Eventually Bangladeshi's are slowly becoming aware of Indian machinations in our landmass, so that day is not far off when India will loose control of Bangladesh, forever. All the deeds they did here in this landmass from 1947 till that time, will then come back to haunt them, as the Hindu's say, Karma is a she dog.

Slowly becoming aware is not good enough.

Arm themselves.

That is not happening and may be a good thing too, as there is risk of opening for Salafi radicalization.

What is happening is Bangladeshi's getting used to living under Hasina dictatorship, who is being backed by India. Khaleda Zia and Tareq Zia do not have any good options left, they lost the game due to their own foolishness. They need better strategists than what they have right now. When that happens you may see some difference.

The Zia family is still powerful and influential in Bangladesh and all the rich people pay monthly tribute to them, because they do not want to risk it, just in case. That should give you some idea that future of Bangladesh is very much at play. Nothing is set in stone.

In a nutshell, I agree with your contention that BD is under the Indian federation. It is simply a satellite state of India and I severely doubt that India will now or in the future wish to annex BD. The status quo suits India perfectly. BD kowtows to most of Indian demands and India in turn rewards them.

Hey Indian, keep on urinating in the bed while you sleep as BD economy keeps on surging ahead of India. Your night dreams will soon become a nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom