What's new

Bloomberg: China risks repeating the mistakes of the Soviet Union in the confrontation with the United States

The existing advantages of the United States are nothing but a legacy of history, and it is impossible for them to lead a new technological revolution.

Finally, thank you Bloomberg for your concern.

I agree with this part totally.

I will also like to add a couple of key notes here. Soviet union didn't know how to play ball and didn't realize where it's weakness was coming from nor the root problem which means they allowed the US to ethablish to many allies around the world and they didn't felt like they needed friends meaning they didn't know how to play poker (Empire building)

Example right now in the current world status we are in a world election period that could last 2 decades and what do I mean by world election? It means that two powers have blocked each other strength wise and the winner will be the one who can gather more allies on his side and will eventually out-influence the other one. It is all about expanding your list of allies.

If more countries go to the Chinese-camp the US World order known as Pax-Americana will be officially over before even a bullet was fired and it will be the new dawn of Pax-Sino. If China accelerates this offensive charm Pax-Sino could officially happen in just 10-15 years

Last edited:
Bro, your clearly a kid, no offence but keep playing PS5, you have no idea about the scale of war fought with a peer power, the US has never fought a nation with the size of economy and military as China.

Is that the best answer you could come up with? Were the Russians not a big power with 15000 nukes? Instead of calling me insults (a common sign the other party can't intellectually answer you), how about you quantify a counter argument to what I've stated? I am here to discuss and debate as it's a forum.

Is that the best answer you could come up with? Were the Russians not a big power with 15000 nukes? Instead of calling me insults (a common sign the other party can't intellectually answer you), how about you quantify a counter argument to what I've stated? I am here to discuss and debate as it's a forum.

A lot of emotional responses from the Chinese and their sycophants. They know China will always live in America’s shadow.

China is overall very strong .. no doubt about it..
But let's keep it rational here:

China Defense Budget Is $ 178 200 000 000
The US Defense Budget is $ 740 500 000 000

This is where the arms race come in..

Lets put thing this way,with $178 billion, China can manange to field 300-400 silo-based ICBMs, building world most number of combat aircrafts, UAV, warships and submarines, combat vehicles per year, and defense budge barely reach 1% of China's GDP (China's GDP this year is expected to reach $18 trillion btw).

Whilst the US spent 3.5% of their GDP, and the weapon they field per year barely touch China

Needless to say, China's heavy industry account for 50% of the entire world put together and capacity is nearly 10X of that of the US.

On top of that, China's economy grow about 3-5x faster than that of the US.

Do you think the US stand any chance in an arms race with China here?

That's why the US has employed an utterly different strategy to China, vis-via with Soviet Union: you know, the American paid-trolls and bots that flooding Chinese-speaking internet, are just like this article, trying to "persuade" Chinese public against military building-up in China.

They are actually more or less in the shoe of Soviet Union, actually worse than that, in this new cold or hot war with China, you know karma is a bitch.

Last edited:
If the Russians, with an economy only one-tenth that of China, could store and maintain thousands of nuclear warheads. So what if China decides to build 10,000 nuclear warheads. It is very efficient economically. The production and maintenance of 10,000 nuclear warheads in 50 years is equivalent to China's defense costs in 1 year (about 170 billion USD).

Very sensible and logical conclusion. China can't win from the US militarily. Now add US, Australia and India in the equation and it's a lost battle. This isn't WWII that there are "blocks" to go against each other. Add Vietnam and a much stronger Taiwan in the mix too. It is wise to sit down with the US and talk trade and business and continue military modernization at a moderate pace as there is no way it can level (let alone win) with the nations I described above. The US has essentially built an anti-China alliance but only with much bigger nations to contain it easily (India, Australia for example and then there is the US and EU). Good article giving good advise to China.

I don't think you understood the logic provided in the article. Just like the top secret submarines being provided to Australia, let's assume if the US provides -35's to India, Australia and keeps a few squadrons in Vietnam and further strengthens Taiwan, this 300 number -35 force, essentially renders the PLAAF useless.

China is a "rising" economy. Not a global economic super power. The alliance against it, is the US, UK, India, Australia, all are extremely powerful economically. How many fronts will China focus on? To deter each of these, it would need $ 75-80 billion a year, take an example, India's defense budget is around this much while the US is close to a Trillion (times four, that's $ 300 billion plus R&D for future warfare, and then countering the US, etc). This arms race is MUCH more devastating for the Chinese than it is for the other 4 nations and 4 economies, vs. one nation and only one economy, i.e. the Chinese!
Wasn't a bigger mix in Afghanistan? For a few decades you Yankees should be more humble, until the next generation see it as history keep your mouth shut.

From the point of military spending and burden it created to the overall economy, who looks more like the Soviet Union in the 70/80s'? It is the USA who spend 3~4% of its GDP on military? Or China, who just spends 1~1.2% of the GDP on military?

From the point of Gerontocracy, who looks more like the dying Brezhnev in 1981?

1632455872211.png

1632456254691.png

Lets put thing this way,with $178 billion, China can manange to field 300-400 silo-based ICBMs, building world most number of combat aircrafts, UAV, warships and submarines, combat vehicles per year, and defense budge barely reach 1% of China's GDP (China's GDP this year is expected to reach $18 trillion btw).

Whilst the US spent 3.5% of their GDP, and the weapon they field per year barely touch China

Needless to say, China's heavy industry account for 50% of the entire world put together and capacity is nearly 10X of that of the US.

On top of that, China's economy grow about 3-5x faster than that of the US.

Do you think the US stand any chance in an arms race with China here?

That's why the US has employed an utterly different strategy to China, vis-via with Soviet Union.

They are actually more or less in the shoe of Soviet Union, actually worse than that, in this new cold or hot war with China, you know karma is a bitch.
I agree with you somehow.. but China is going full gear now.. so don't underestimate the US Industrial capabilities in case of war..

I have read your post and your rebuttal missed the mark by miles.. you still fail to understand that it all boils down to the biggest economy.. PEROID.. China is growing until that changes the rest is all noise.
It's not how much money you have but how you use it. The US has qualitative advantage over China in terms of advance tech and weapons and the US is far more experienced in war and defeat. How many wars has China actually fought and won? You can count them on 2 fingers. I doubt if it will be a direct war as both sides know of the consequences and like the cold war it will be a war of attrition using all indirect means at their disposal. For China to make gains it needs to challenge all the Western world installed puppets and tin pot rulers who supply resources, materials labour and that in itself a huge task as the Western world has mastered the art over a few centuries.

America is a giant bully, and as much as I may have concerns over China, we still need them to keep the bigger bully in check.

It's not how much money you have but how you use it. The US has qualitative advantage over China in terms of advance tech and weapons and the US is far more experienced in war and defeat. How many wars has China actually fought and won? You can count them on 2 fingers. I doubt if it will be a direct war as both sides know of the consequences and like the cold war it will be a war of attrition using all indirect means at their disposal. For China to make gains it needs to challenge all the Western world installed puppets and tin pot rulers who supply resources, materials labour and that in itself a huge task as the Western world has mastered the art over a few centuries.
This is like playing a video game, defeating Iraq and Afghan didn't give you any experience point. Defeating covid has more referential value than the wars with weak countries. Defeating covid needs a country's mobilization capability, organizational capacity, manufacturability. This is more like simulation of world war

Last edited:

Let's make a balanced equation so it makes sense to the readers. Please list:
1) China's defense budget VS.
2) USA's defense budget
3) Japan's defense budget
4) UK's defense budget
5) Australia's defense budget
6) India's defense budget

Now tell me how on earth you can even come close to starting an arms race? I've not listed Vietnam, Taiwan and EU yet!

Let's make a balanced equation so it makes sense to the readers. Please list:
1) China's defense budget VS.
2) USA's defense budget
3) Japan's defense budget
4) UK's defense budget
5) Australia's defense budget
6) India's defense budget

Now tell me how on earth you can even come close to starting an arms race? I've not listed Vietnam, Taiwan and EU yet!
Although the EU, Japan and other countries are allies of the USA, their defense budget is not equal to that of the USA. On the contrary, many times their budgets have to hedge against the US budget. Do you really think Japan doesn't want to be a normal country? The EU does not want a multipolar world? On the contrary, the USA needs to maintain its budget in the EU and Japan.
You know, many countries around the world are waiting for the USA to reveal its weaknesses, not just China. You do better well safeguard the status of the dollar. As long as the status of the dollar is shaken, the USA will be hopeless.

Back
Top Bottom