What's new

''Blinders'' Played Crucial Role in PAF Assault

Heard a very similar story, not exactly the same though.
Fun fact, its was an arrows Viper which took down Mr. Abhi though a Griffins operator was flying it.

So both kills were by vipers? What about the initial report of JF-17 making a kill?

if
So both kills were by vipers? What about the initial report of JF-17 making a kill?
if you see videos from last year, Squadron leader hassan can be seen flying F 16 and wing comander noman also flying f 16 in red flag. so yes my guess is that both kills were made by F 16s. it cant be a coincidence that both F16 pilots were transfered to a JF 17 squadron just before the engagement

if

if you see videos from last year, Squadron leader hassan can be seen flying F 16 and wing comander noman also flying f 16 in red flag. so yes my guess is that both kills were made by F 16s. it cant be a coincidence that both F16 pilots were transfered to a JF 17 squadron just before the engagement

Yes, I saw the videos. That is why I got confused. This means both kills have been credited to vipers.

Thank you for the post. I dont know whether this will materialize in the near future but perhaps in 6 more months when we are in sight of reigning in our staggering fiscal deficit we can look at a first lot of 36 with an option for 36 more. It would make sense to get at least 36 to establish our infrastructure. What engine will they have? Would it be WS10 or AL31FN. I heard this was a major hurdle to acquisition.
A

That chest thumping was always the Indian fanboys as we know very well that in the Indo Pak theatre where we have a compatible and competitively trained Air force facing each other, There will never be the type of air superiority that the US had exhibited in other war Theatres. For a fighter pilot the max load will be a 4 plus 2 load with drop tanks
A

The Chinese are pushing their own engine, it is therefore likely to be Chinese.

India blew up its own helicopter while trying to target Pakistani jets, killing 7 – report

5c9e159efc7e93b4738b45a5.JPG

An Indian soldier next to the wreckage of Indian Air Force's helicopter in Kashmir February 27, 2019 © Reuters/Danish Ismail
In a scene that could have come right out of ‘Top Gun’, India seems to have knocked its own helicopter out of the sky with a missile aimed at intruding Pakistani jets, according to media reports.
A little over a month after Indian authorities claimed that 25 Pakistani fighter jets were detected attempting to breach Indian airspace, sources say a defensive missile fired during the incident may have seriously missed its mark.

India’s Economic Times (ET) reports that the missile was fired shortly before an Mi-17 V5 helicopter on a routine mission crashed, leading to speculation that India accidently destroyed its own aircraft. Six air force personnel were killed in the crash, along with one civilian who was hit by the debris.

Read more
Pakistan deploys Chinese air defense systems, more attack & surveillance drones at India’s border
The final moments preceding the crash, including if the IFF (Identity, Friend or Foe) systems were switched on or not, are being carefully looked at to determine what went wrong,” ET reported. Their sources say that it is well within the realm of possibility that a malfunction could have resulted in the targeting systems mistaking the helicopter for a low-flying unmanned attack vehicle. Eyewitnesses also heard a “loud explosion” in the air at the time the chopper went down.

The sturdy $17 million Mi-17 V5 helicopter has not been prone to any serious technical failures. The equipment is also fairly new, the first of the choppers entered into service in 2012.

Aside from looking into possible technical malfunctions with the Israeli-made missile, “highly placed sources” among the air force told ET they are also investigating if any personnel may have been responsible, threatening a possible court martial over the fatal mishap.

The alleged cross-border aerial assault took place a day after an Indian air raid on suspected terrorist infrastructure in Pakistani territory. India has long accused Pakistan of harboring militants from the terrorist group Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM), who they blame for a car-bombing which killed 44 members of the Central Reserve Police Force earlier in the year.

Islamabad denies that JeM has any infrastructure set up in the areas New Delhi has indicated as possible terrorist training-camp locations, even offering to allow Indian officials to inspect suspected sites themselves.
https://www.rt.com/news/455066-indi...lWqUZfwHzWbb2V6uaRdHgv78UMB4O-2sqVMJcYkitvAiU

and how do you know it sir ?
How do you think he knows!!
He is guessing like all others on this forum.
I know one thing after assessing all the damage done that IAF were completely screwed on 27th Feb.
Rest is all conjecture by everyone.

Yes I know but can't share pics with new led panels......:azn:

Must be nice to jam elta and bars radar by exposing clutter at the same frequency and then jamming R77 seekers ... u never know blinders might have played with elta mig 2000 radars firing Israeli weapons in balakot... hmmm .... wondering now

Can anyone confirm this, I was under the impression that Erieyes and K-8 are also capable of EW role. Is this correct.

India blew up its own helicopter while trying to target Pakistani jets, killing 7 – report

5c9e159efc7e93b4738b45a5.JPG

An Indian soldier next to the wreckage of Indian Air Force's helicopter in Kashmir February 27, 2019 © Reuters/Danish Ismail
In a scene that could have come right out of ‘Top Gun’, India seems to have knocked its own helicopter out of the sky with a missile aimed at intruding Pakistani jets, according to media reports.
A little over a month after Indian authorities claimed that 25 Pakistani fighter jets were detected attempting to breach Indian airspace, sources say a defensive missile fired during the incident may have seriously missed its mark.

India’s Economic Times (ET) reports that the missile was fired shortly before an Mi-17 V5 helicopter on a routine mission crashed, leading to speculation that India accidently destroyed its own aircraft. Six air force personnel were killed in the crash, along with one civilian who was hit by the debris.

Read more
Pakistan deploys Chinese air defense systems, more attack & surveillance drones at India’s border
The final moments preceding the crash, including if the IFF (Identity, Friend or Foe) systems were switched on or not, are being carefully looked at to determine what went wrong,” ET reported. Their sources say that it is well within the realm of possibility that a malfunction could have resulted in the targeting systems mistaking the helicopter for a low-flying unmanned attack vehicle. Eyewitnesses also heard a “loud explosion” in the air at the time the chopper went down.

The sturdy $17 million Mi-17 V5 helicopter has not been prone to any serious technical failures. The equipment is also fairly new, the first of the choppers entered into service in 2012.

Aside from looking into possible technical malfunctions with the Israeli-made missile, “highly placed sources” among the air force told ET they are also investigating if any personnel may have been responsible, threatening a possible court martial over the fatal mishap.

The alleged cross-border aerial assault took place a day after an Indian air raid on suspected terrorist infrastructure in Pakistani territory. India has long accused Pakistan of harboring militants from the terrorist group Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM), who they blame for a car-bombing which killed 44 members of the Central Reserve Police Force earlier in the year.

Islamabad denies that JeM has any infrastructure set up in the areas New Delhi has indicated as possible terrorist training-camp locations, even offering to allow Indian officials to inspect suspected sites themselves.
https://www.rt.com/news/455066-indi...lWqUZfwHzWbb2V6uaRdHgv78UMB4O-2sqVMJcYkitvAiU
Pakistani F16 mil gya

Yes, I saw the videos. That is why I got confused. This means both kills have been credited to vipers.

Most of our thunder pilots are previous viper pilots

Can anyone confirm this, I was under the impression that Erieyes and K-8 are also capable of EW role. Is this correct.
Baki mashaq or t37 reh gay

They have proven their worth and need to be updated as enemy is running here and there to boost it's EW capabilities.
They served us well in future we need new platform with upgraded system

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom