What's new

Blast in Westridge, Rawalpindi

Status
Not open for further replies.
And where do you get your information from Zee news ?

Might, Might not ...

suggestion : A credible source will be helpful

From The News : The News International - No. 1 English Newspaper from Pakistan - Sunday, December 06, 2009

The Archive gives only a general Link. The Article is not linked. You can check in the “Top Stories” section of The News for 23-12-2008

If Indians attack Taliban to fight alongside Army: Mahsud

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

By Mushtaq Yusufzai

PESHAWAR: Baitullah Mahsud, central head of the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), Monday announced full support to the army against archrival India if it makes any aggression against the country.

“Thousands of our well-armed militants are ready to fight alongside the army if any war is imposed on Pakistan,”
Baitullah told this correspondent on telephone from an undisclosed location.

He said the time had come to wage a real jihad they had been waiting for. “We know very well that the visible and invisible enemies of the country have been planning to weaken this lone Islamic nuclear power. But the “mujahideen” will foil all such nefarious designs of our enemies,” said the top militant commander. Baitullah, who is accused by the government of his alleged involvement in assassination of Pakistan People’s Party chairperson Benazir Bhutto in Rawalpindi on December 27 last year, said he wanted to assure the nation, government and army that they should not worry about Pakistan’s western borders with Afghanistan as, according to him, thousands of his armed fighters had already been deployed to safeguard the strategically important frontier.

Besides thousands of armed militants, Baitullah Mahsud said, hundreds of would-be bombers were Monday given suicide jackets and explosives-laden vehicles for protection of the border in case of any aggression by the Indian forces. “Our mujahideen would be in the vanguard if fighting broke out. Our fighters will fall on the enemy like thunder,” he declared.

The militant commander maintained that many a people might say the militants had been fighting the army since long, how it would be possible for them now to fight alongside them. “Therefore, I want to make it clear that the army was acting otherwise. But now it would fight for the protection and survival of the country, which is why we will support them,” he said. Baitullah said that Taliban were ready to fight under the Army command. But it would be better for the armed forces to give them a separate sector or specify special targets for us where they could fight the enemy in a fitting manner.

I hope this will suffice.

News Jang Group

Sunday, December 06, 2009
The attack on the Parade Lane mosque on December 4 is yet another reminder that the Taliban haven't been eliminated. Seventeen young lives were snuffed out in this cowardly act as innocent children standing in the last row bore the brunt of the heinous attack. Certain people will say, yet again, that Muslims can't perpetrate such acts, but the sad reality is that the attackers were all 'Muslims'. The indiscriminate killing spree that killed 40 innocent people who were offering prayers in a mosque clearly indicates that the target were army personnel and their families. The purpose of this attack was to scare the army and force it to abandon the ongoing Operation Rah-e-Nijat.

But these butchers should know that this act will only strengthen the resolve of the army to annihilate the Taliban. The Pakistani nation is firmly behind the brave armed forces. If the militants think they can weaken the resolve of the Pakistan army they are mistaken. The army has not only successfully targeted the militants but also it has risen in stature and reclaimed its glory, which was tainted during the Musharraf era, by standing up to these agents of death and destruction. Long live Pakistan, long live the Pakistan army.

Tehmina Afridi

Abbottabad

The December 4 attack within a well-fortified residential area of Parade Lane is the most regrettable act and has resulted in the loss of not only some very fine gentlemen officers but has also taken lives of so many innocent children -- shame on the so-called 'Muslim' attackers. At the personal level I have lost a very loving friend, Bilal Omer Khan, who was a true specimen of a gentleman officer. Always honest, frank, truthful and honourable. I came to know him in 1980, while undergoing mid-level infantry officers' course. What a dashing and competent young officer Bilal Omer was. In for one of the major exercises he was to help my operation as the tank force commander. He was indeed the most cooperative and helping officer and did his utmost to make my test exercise a success. After the course he left for Saudi Arabia.

We next met as lieutenant-colonels in the Pakistan Military Academy. We were neighbours and there I found the real Bilal Omer, who was a committed Muslim, a leader who would lead from the front and was brutally truthful. As battalion commander of the Second Pakistan Battalion, he would carry six hundred cadets along with him due to his leadership and physical fitness. On our dinner nights he would dance so beautifully on classic military tunes. I am not aware of the circumstances of his shahadat but I am sure he must have challenged those cowards.

He was an excellent father and husband too. I remember him playing with his daughter Zara who was his favourite. I suppose she is a national tennis player now. I do not know how to share her grief. Bilal will always be remembered as a great soldier. My message for the terrorists is: we will fight you and win this war for our beloved Pakistan and men like Bilal Omer Khan.

Brig Asif Alvi

Karachi

December 4 was another black day of our history. It shows that the extremist forces are bent on weakening the state of Pakistan. Unfortunately, our establishment created and patronised such extremists in the past for its own advantage. Now they are not only attacking civilians but also their own old masters. The extremists, their supporters and sympathisers should be stopped immediately.

Muhammad Amir Khan

Karachi

With reference to the cowardly attack by the Taliban on a mosque in Rawalpindi on December 4, I wonder whether Nawaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Syed Munawar Hasan, Maulana Fazlur Rehman and Qazi Hussain Ahmed will now publicly condemn the Taliban for their brutalities. I don't think they will as they have always confused the nation on the issue of militancy by blaming it on foreign forces.

Asif Pathan

Quetta

There are stories swirling in the Pakistani press about Blackwater and the CIA doing evil deeds in Pakistan. On December 4 the Taliban lobbed grenades and fired into people in a mosque in Rawalpindi, killing 30 innocents. Tomorrow will be worse. If intelligence agencies and people like General Hamid Gul want to harbour these fanatics because they may be the future government in Afghanistan one day, let the CIA and Blackwater do the job for us.

I deplore and am deeply saddened by the killing of innocent people in drone attacks. But I know of no news agency which raises its voice unequivocally when the Taliban kill the innocents. So, with regard to stories about the evil of Blackwater and the CIA, I say, let them hunt the Taliban down and take them out, wherever they are, with drones and targeted assassinations. Maybe we can get our country back one day.

Meekal A Ahmed

Virginia, US

I condemn the Rawalpindi mosque attack by the Taliban in the strongest words. This is a cowardly attack on unarmed civilians and military personnel, that too during the Friday prayers. The interior minister has confirmed that the Taliban were behind the attack. I am surprised that still some politicians, religious leaders and journalists try to defend the Taliban and rather blame foreign forces for the daily bloodbath, confusing the matter further. I want to remind people that these are the same terrorist groups that targeted minority sects' mosques in the 90s. It's high time we, as a nation, united and eradicated the evil Taliban.

Ijaz Tabassum

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Once again the terrorists have struck. How will killing fellow Muslims in a mosque defeat America in Afghanistan? The massacre of Muslims in mosques proves that the Taliban do not have any sympathy for fellow Muslims. A boy blew himself up in Sector E-8 a day ago, killing two navy personnel, and now 40 people have been put to death by the Taliban in the name of Islam. Which faith allows killing innocent people in mosques?

Are the terrorists fighting their last battle after being nearly wiped out in FATA? It is time for the nation to rise to the occasion and show solidarity and unity and crush the terrorists. Our clergymen should come forward and make a clear statement that such treacherous acts have nothing to do with Islam.

Ifitkhar Shaheen Mirza

Islamabad

The recent terrorist attack on the Parade Lane mosque in Rawalpindi following a series of bombings in other parts of the country has increased the sense of insecurity not only among civilians but also army personnel. I express my deep sorrow and grief over the martyrdom of 40 people and also pray for the early recovery of those who were injured in the grim incident. We, the civilians, are with the armed forces of Pakistan. We want to tell our enemy that we won't be cowed by such atrocities. Long live Pakistan.

Madeeha Rafi

Kharian

This is with reference to the recent suicide attack on a mosque in Rawalpindi. It's one of the cruellest acts of terrorism. We are facing the worst kind of enemy that has no respect for mosques, women and children. They are not even human beings. These same beasts used to commit sectarian violence in the 90s, but the then governments did little to fight them. I request the entire nation to strongly back the army in its bid to eliminate the Taliban.

Dr Fareeha Khanum

Mardan

Somebody told me that 49 casualties were taken by PAK ARMY...........Laters include not one but 3 or 4 Army GENERALs rest excluding 49 army soldiers were civilians,,18 dead include children of army officiers......A colonel and his 2 sons were also martyred............................IS THIS ISLAM OF BASTARD talif...ks? hakim ullah should be hanged,beheaded, and then his shitty body should be cut into peaces and thrown into sewer for shity germs to prey on him,disgusting scum and his minions should be beheaded publically in ISLAMABAD near SUPREME COURT and there bodies should be hanged till they dry like hell and then thrown into sewer or MANHOLES

Somebody told me that 49 casualties were taken by PAK ARMY...........Laters include not one but 3 or 4 Army GENERALs rest excluding 49 army soldiers were civilians,,18 dead include children of army officiers......A colonel and his 2 sons were also martyred............................IS THIS ISLAM OF BASTARD talif...ks? hakim ullah should be hanged,beheaded, and then his shitty body should be cut into peaces and thrown into sewer for shity germs to prey on him,disgusting scum and his minions should be beheaded publically in ISLAMABAD near SUPREME COURT and there bodies should be hanged till they dry like hell and then thrown into sewer or MANHOLES

Do you think casualties specially generals can be hidden from the media eyes or from other sources who can easily report it ??
These are all rumors, the casualty figure given by ISPR accurate, if someone dies later due to injuries is a separate issue.

i heard it from a lt colonel of MP whose serving with GOC some a major city.

Pak.Army to defend, protect, preserve Pakistan at all cost: COAS

RAWALPINDI, Dec 5 (APP): The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani Saturday re-affirmed that Pakistan Army will defend, protect and preserve Pakistan at all cost. He stated this while expressing his heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families. The Nation, including the Army stands united in sharing their grief. Having met and talked to these families, he praised their exemplary strength of faith at this moment of trial.

This intrinsic strength is a true reflection of the indomitable will and resilience of the Pakistani Nation, he added.

The COAS attended funerals of some of Shaheeds of yesterday’s tragic terrorist attack on a Mosque during Juma Prayers, in which officers, soldiers, elders, children and civilians lost their precious lives.
The COAS thanked the Nation for their wholehearted support and sympathy at this hour of grief. This spontaneous and overwhelming show of solidarity by the Nation with the Army is a treasure, which we deeply value and cherish, he said.

“Pakistan is our motherland. It is the bastion of Islam. We live and die for the glory of Islam and Pakistan. Our faith, resolve and pride in our religion and in our country is an asset, which is further reinforced after each terrorist incident,” Gen. Kayani said.

The COAS concluded by reaffirming his conviction in the will of the Pakistani Nation to fight all odds. He stated that Pakistan Army, with the help of people of Pakistan will Inshallah protect and preserve our core values and interests in a dignified and chivalrous manner.

Look at Rahman Malik's face in Asad's post, he is wearing a 'guilty' look :eek:

who is supporting them . If ZH says america is supporting them , then the opposite is true. it must be talibanized elements within pak army wanting to lay their hands on the nuke. not too long before india is nuked by pak.

RIP to all those died...
Terrorists and other disruptive forces think they can get a strong country with powerful military like Pakistan to its knees, No way..we've seen khalistan movement in Punjab, LTTE in Srilanka got CRUSHED now ULFA in INDIA dying a slow death...its a nations resolve to fight tit for tat..Bebrave dear...:flame:

Namaz-e-Janaza of Martyrs of Rawalpindi terrorist mosque attack - December 5, 2009

O6gMDhtnma0[/media] - Namaz-e-Janaza of Martyrs of Rawalpindi terrorist mosque attack - December 5, 2009

This i believe is the Namaz-e-Janaza of the Lt Col & his 2 sons, one of them was in PAF and the younger one was in either matric or 1st year.

3 namaz-e-janaza from one home is a terrible thing to bear and a huge tragedy.

May Allah give peace to their souls and courage to the family to bear such a huge loss. I just can't imagine what the mother would have gone through to have lost her husband and 2 sons all in one day same time same place.

Allah give her courage, Ameen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom