What's new

Blast in Quetta kills 84 Shias, injures 200

Status
Not open for further replies.
may God bless the souls of deceased.
This is an endless tragedy loop for Pakistani Hazaras/Shias and in general, whole Pakistani nation.
I wonder how many of these animals master minding these attacks arrested usually? Is there any determination in Pakistani officials to get rid of these thugs once and for all? Pakistan has a powerful army and intelligence, I wonder what's holding them back.

Yes, you are not the only one wondering that - but we do know that they are holding back, we do know that they are not acting against this - somewhere along the line ordinary people may want ot look past sectarian concerns and ask Why?

Allowing it to happen is exactly the same as doing it on purpose - semantics won't and does not change reality - as for who should ISI and Army answer to, ideally it would be the state and nation, but the state is running scared and the nation, those who can, are desperately seeking exit and those who can't fear for their lives and property.

Anyway, you don't have to buy into any of this, you don't even have to keep an open mind on the issue -- but I hope you will at least seek credible answers as to who and what is behind this.

Trying your best to prevent something all of the time, and failing a percentage of the time, could very well explain these bomb blasts. But failure in prevention is a long way away from doing something on purpose. How can you conclude that, unless you have some proof to support what you are saying?

Fear of life and property is very real. Being held at gunpoint at a traffic light and losing your phone and wallet will make it very real for you too. But that is more due to failure of civil authorities to provide law and order. How is that the responsibility of the Army?

The "Real" Muslims and their ideology, that the purpose, to present Pakistan on plate to these Real Muslims -- I realize it's very hard to digest this but Do yourself a favor, look into how many times ISI has had to be cleansed in the last 12 years, WHY was that necessary? How is it possible that the TTP armies of thousands and the logistics involved in transporting them, feeding them, quartering them, arming them, looking out for their families - just imagine the size of the effort and you want to continue to believe all of this happened with out some pretty powerful people allowing it to happen?

Yes, I realize that to those who have the love of Pakistan and the Fauj in their blood, this is even disgusting to contemplate, but it's real -- Remember Osama? Was it complicity or incompetence? Will the ISI also claim that they missed all of this for the last 12 years, actually since 1998? complicity or incompetence -- and if incompetence, how much longer should we accept this? And if complicity, should we not end it?

Look, let me just ask you a question -- in all of this time, has there been any answers from ISI or Pakistan Army as to what this is about? Why do you think it remains unaddressed?

@muse;

I will seek to comment only on the parts of your post re: ISI and PA.

There is sufficient evidence that indicates that the ISI has been infested by the sort of elements that you speak of. Though frequent purges have been undertaken from time to time; it is anybody's question as to whether all of them have been eradicated. Partly because the ISI (by its very nature) is very shadowy and otherwise because it has had a rather "free remit" in crucial periods of the organisation's existence. How else can one explain phenomena like Col. Imam and Sqn. Ldr. Khawaja among many others. Are there no other similar elements left? Hard to say; because the ISI has been like a "shadow play" not just outside its own country but as much to both the Citizens and Govt of the country to which it belongs.

About the PA; my own feeling is that the PA is more aware about the threat to itself emanating from such elements and has (probably) worked better at some efforts to cleanup its ranks. Though there is always a remaining danger when it may have personnel whose loyalties are to a "higher authority" than the Organisation itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying your best to prevent something all of the time, and failing a percentage of the time, could very well explain these bomb blasts. But failure in prevention is a long way away from doing something on purpose. How can you conclude that, unless you have some proof to support what you are saying?

Fear of life and property is very real. Being held at gunpoint at a traffic light and losing your phone and wallet will make it very real for you too. But that is more due to failure of civil authorities to provide law and order. How is that the responsibility of the Army?

Argus, lets deal with the 2 highlighted parts :

1. either they are incompetent or complicit -- which way do you want it ?? Does one really have to put their hand into fire to prove fire burns?? So, which way do you want incompetent or complicit? -- If incompetent, why do we need them? If complicit, why do we need them?

2. If civil authorities have failed, therefore ISI and Army should also fail? what kind of logic is this?

Look, please don't believe me, don't take my word for it -- How is it LeJ and SSP continue to function? How is it that Pakistan Army can intercept Indian Army communication but for all the time that Radio Mullah was on, they could not intercept his signal?? Who got us into this Islam stuff in the first place?

I wonder why Iran see it with pleasure, either Iran should denounce tall claims of being voice of Shias in the world or ask Hazara community to be take refuge in Iran.

Ayatollahs, are you watching this ? shame on you!

@Emmie Why stop bomb squad and rescue efforts ? Showing anger against the govt. for lack of security ?

The death doll in Quetta in first two month is staggering, these people may take matters into their own hand. Their anger is obvious. If this happened in m country, I would also protest against govt. and security forces.

Pakistan can deal with Terrorists like TTP but if civilian picks up gun to protect themselves, it will become a nightmare.
Mate ! Army intervention in a Democratic system have been always considered an unconstitutional act , and it have been done various times in Past , Many dictators have even hijacked our state but did they resolved our problems , By breaking Constitution it itself weakens the position of army which is they are trying to avoid and If a democratic party calls army against any region during their term of government then its also effects their image in that region . You really can't judge the after effects of any operation , we had already tried this a lot before and we lost our eastern wing also , plus foreign involvements and intervention have always damaged our cause in several operations .

@muse;

I will seek to comment only on the parts of your post re: ISI and PA.

There is sufficient evidence that indicates that the ISI has been infested by the sort of elements that you speak of. Though frequent purges have been undertaken from time to time; it is anybody's question as to whether all of them have been eradicated. Partly because the ISI (by its very nature) is very shadowy and otherwise because it has had a rather "free remit" in crucial periods of the organisation's existence. How else can one explain phenomena like Col. Imam and Sqn. Ldr. Khawaja among many others. Are there no other similar elements left? Hard to say; because the ISI has been like a "shadow play" not just outside its own country but as much to both the Citizens and Govt of the country to which it belongs.

About the PA; my own feeling is that the PA is more aware about the threat to itself emanating from such elements and has (probably) worked better at some efforts to cleanup its ranks. Though there is always a remaining danger when it may have personnel whose loyalties are to a "higher authority" than the Organisation itself.

Capt, that spot on -- the officer corp know that we have been positioned into a civil war, and they know that the armed forces are thoroughly infiltrated, and they think that they can stop all of this if they punish 3 or 4 others will fall in line - that's why they keep saying to the Western media that there is no question of breakdown of discipline and that nuclear weapons are safe (that's how and hy the whole nuclear weapons safety became an issue in he first place) - However, the other side is very confident, in fact they are so confident that from the territory the Pakistan army gave them, they have become part of the political fabric of Pakistan.

Argus, lets deal with the 2 highlighted parts :

1. either they are incompetent or complicit -- which way do you want it ?? Does one really have to put their hand into fire to prove fire burns?? So, which way do you want incompetent or complicit? -- If incompetent, why do we need them? If complicit, why do we need them?

2. If civil authorities have failed, therefore ISI and Army should also fail? what kind of logic is this?

Look, please don't believe me, don't take my word for it -- How is it LeJ and SSP continue to function? How is it that Pakistan Army can intercept Indian Army communication but for all the time that Radio Mullah was on, they could not intercept his signal?? Who got us into this Islam stuff in the first place?

1. I will go with incompetence long before I could accept complicity, unless presented with tangible proof.

2. My logic is based on primary responsibilities. Let me ask you this: Are you saying that if the civilian authorities have failed to provide law and order, it is now the responsibility of the ISI/Army to provide it? Why?

We got into this religiously motivated mess starting from the USSR invasion of Afghanistan, when the Mujahideen were created by USA and Saudi Arabia to fight them. Two decades after Russian defeat, LEJ/TTP/SSP are able to function because there is a large section of society that supports them due to their belief that imposition of sharia will suddenly provide them with the basics of life and economic prosperity in the future.

It seems to me that the problem is not the Army, it is Pakistani civil society.

1. I will go with incompetence long before I could accept complicity, unless presented with tangible proof.

2. My logic is based on primary responsibilities. Let me ask you this: Are you saying that if the civilian authorities have failed to provide law and order, it is now the responsibility of the ISI/Army to provide it? Why?

We got into this religiously motivated mess starting from the USSR invasion of Afghanistan, when the Mujahideen were created by USA and Saudi Arabia to fight them. Two decades after Russian defeat, LEJ/TTP/SSP are able to function because there is a large section of society that supports them due to their belief that imposition of sharia will suddenly provide them with the basics of life and economic prosperity in the future.

It seems to me that the problem is not the Army, it is Pakistani civil society.

1. If incompetence, then we don't need them, right? why expend more of the national treasury, good money chasing bad, right?

2. Are you serious? isn't it supposed to be the "Pakistan Army" or is it just some Army we have been supporting with the majority of our budget for the last 66 years?

LEJ/TTP/SSP are able to function because there is a large section of society that supports them due to their belief that imposition of sharia will suddenly provide them with the basics of life and economic prosperity in the future.

Ok, lets be straight here, they, this large section of society, had to be created, they did not just come in to being by themselves, right? And who's bright idea of al this Nizam e Mustafa stuff? And if killing one's co-religionists will get the people of Pakistan the basics of life, and if you live in Pakistan, you would be concerned,

R.I.P.....

It's high time that we should divide Baluchistan (infect all provinces) into smaller provinces, so that we can have governments with proper mandate. Otherwise opportunists will keep exploiting inter-ethnic rivalry. Indiscriminate action need to be taken against all arm wings religious or political - no need to trial, Hang religious & liberal extremists.

@ Army Haters - FCUK OFF

None of the two world wars were fought for religion and Heroshima wasnt bombed for religion either..
So stop putting all blame on religion....
Yours is extremism of another kind....

Extreme leftism is just as bad as the taliscum.

R.I.P.....

It's high time that we should divide Baluchistan (infect all provinces) into smaller provinces, so that we can have governments with proper mandate. Otherwise opportunists will keep exploiting inter-ethnic rivalry. Indiscriminate action need to be taken against all arm wings religious or political - no need to trial, Hang religious & liberal extremists.

@ Army Haters - FCUK OFF

The Sardars will not allow the breakup of Baluchistan. They think they own every piece of dirt in the province.

Baloch sardars generally hate Hazara due to their race not religion.
To add insult to injury...Hazara commumity caused the demise of Balochistan government and fall of that clown cheif minister Raesani..
Ethnic baloch sardars are even more angry with Hazara since then,and no wonder such a mass murder has happened..
To be honest no baloch political leader cares about them...
If it wasnt for PA and federal governmemt...the hazara had been kulled long ago...
Bigoted racist Baloch sardars and members of provincial assembly...
This province has the most messed up feudel lords in the whole of Pakistan.

Hi, please dont blame the acts of the LeJ or SSP who are mostly Punjabis on Baloch.

Baloch separatism is based on left wing ethnic ideas and not "who is better muslim" ideas.

Very sad incident, and there is no one to help poor Hazaras/Shias in Pakistan; surely it seems in near future Pakistan will have it's worst ever radical fundamentalist regime whether by military/civilian rulers... but that's coming!

Wait for 2014, when **** really explodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom