What's new

Blast in Quetta kills 84 Shias, injures 200

Status
Not open for further replies.
while it is justified, lets be conscious that there was not and there is not security there for civilians officials go about their work - recall Malalai - And can the economy support the cost of sustained presence - and we all know the area is still not safe.

Forget civilian officials, even police officials are not safe, and not just in Swat. All of the police officials who cracked down in Karachi in the early 90s are all dead - killed off one by one.

check this out:

Gulab Khan has said it all
By Anwer Mooraj

Last week, after returning from a visit to Saigon, there was an apparent mix-up about who was supposed to pick me up from the airport. Since I couldn’t see anybody who bore even a vague resemblance to either of my sons, I decided to take an airport cab. Mind you, one still gets a bucketful of new-age anxiety when one decides to do this sort of thing. After all, who hasn’t heard all those weird stories about cabbies picking up chaps along the way ‘just to drop them off at the next traffic light’; and passengers being held up along the way and deprived of their foreign currency, watches, credit cards and the odd bottle of booze that they might have smuggled in their suitcase. Mind you, most of these incidents took place before the advent of Rehman Malik, who wasn’t around to indulge his whim of switching off all mobile phones.

The Karachi airport taxi service, however, appears to be run by the overseas branch of the FBI, so I felt quite reassured. The bloke in the cubicle took down a host of personal details, which included my cell phone number, with the assurance that I would be getting a call every seven-and-a-half minutes to ensure that I hadn’t suddenly discovered a stiletto in my back or been driven off one of the two bridges. To make doubly sure that the coolie or my cabbie didn’t take me for a Bavarian tourist, who had come to photograph the transvestites who hang around the Three Swords in Clifton, I addressed them in a lingo which was a cross between the Urdu spoken in Jacob Lines and what passes for communication in the PAF canteen in Risalpur. I sat up front to indicate to the cabbie that despite the blazer and brogues, I was essentially a man of the People.

My taxi driver, Gulab Khan, belonged to Charsadda, which, as far as I was concerned, was neutral territory. So, after having heard what Rehman Malik, Tahirul Qadri, Nawaz Sharif and David Cameron had to say, I decided it was time to listen to a man of the Awam, and shaped my conversation accordingly. “I have relatives who are Afridis,” I said by way of introduction. A grunt came from the fellow behind the wheel. It appeared I had failed in my entrance test. So, I thought I’d do a supplementary. “Kohat is much safer than Karachi.” Gulab Khan grunted for the second time. I then got the distinct impression that the grump behind the wheel must have seen a video of Juan Manuel Fangio of Argentina because it looked as if he had decided to set a new world speed record for the Airport-Metropole stretch.

Suddenly, the voice behind the wheel spoke in the tart tones of repressed rage. “What is the point of talking about Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa when we are both living in Karachi?” he said, in the slow infuriating monotone of pointless boredom. It was horribly poignant. “All I know is we live in a city where the man who goes to work in the morning is not sure if he will get home safely in the evening. Every day people are being killed and there is no one to stop it.” He had resisted the urge to exaggerate the horror and the danger to further sentimentalise the sadness. “The worst thing is nobody knows who is behind the slaughter,” he offered as an afterthought, “and nobody seems to care.” Gulab Khan had said it all. He was a man of the People.

Published in The Express Tribune, February 17th, 2013.

The death toll of Kerani Road bombing has risen to 79, bringing the number of injured down to 170 as more of the critical victims succumbed to their wounds, Geo News reported.He said the Improvised Explosive Device (IED) the terrorists planted in a watertank was armed with around 800-1000 kilograms of high-grade detonable material.

1 ton military grade explosive? cant be a bunch of random yaboo...

Sad news but not surprising. All the minorities in Pakistan should look other countries to live else they will be selectively eliminated.

Hmmm...
Did Ehsanulla ehsan lose his sim card or what?
Usually its him first to claim...

They are usually working in conjunction these days. Karachi police, especially CID-ATC is the only cell that actually works and going by their information-the LET and the TTP are often working in conjunction.

The thing that enrages the Hazaras most is there is no response by the law enforcement teams to break Jhangvi. No real arrests, no trials, no nothing. I do not want to blame security forces. I've always been like that and it weakens my neutrality as a journalists, especially when I make glowing tributes to the Pakistan army which fails to stop these attacks. But the issue starts from the patronage provided to LEJ by state and the release of high profile terrorists like Malik Ishaq.

Furthermore Riaz Basra and Akram Lahori live like kings in jails with cell phones and everything because they have support on the outside and cops are afraid of them. I hope the new law is instrumental in ensuring they are hanged. LEJ needs to be destroyed from its base of SSP. Sipah e sahaba even today operating as ASWJ has drives and campaigns where they feed poor people at mosques.

Naturally when they support poor hungry families they support the terrorists. Its like PPPP's votes for cash. The SSP buys them.

Does not look like HE or one of them High powered explosives..Or the damage had been much bigger...

21202197924928845_0.JPEG

@question,
What did those people do to deserve this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad news but not surprising. All the minorities in Pakistan should look other countries to live else they will be selectively eliminated.

abe bharathi, they are not minorities, they are a sect of islam not separate religion

dumb idiot

@question,
What did those people do to deserve this?

we have imported your terror laden version of wahabism from the great wahabi saud kingdom

Rest in peace to the fallen, and may God guide our collective consciousness to remain steadfast in vanquishing such evil. It's days like this my heart bleeds when contemplating what has become of the subcontinent.

Also i would request Mods to limit indian members in Pakistan related news/threads, they posting nonsense & trying to troll. No indian member below the post count of 15000 should be able to post in Pakistan's internal issues.

:cray:

This one does look like a revenge attack as the Hazara community recently caused the demise of Balochistan government...

@the member who doesnt want indians below 15k posts to post here.
man u r really sick.you dont have the least worry abt the deaths of ur fellow country men but more worried abt what indians wld think abt u.i have not found any indian trolling here.indians are not as insensitive as u to have fun at the death of innocent ppl.every indian expressed his condolences.go thru the thread properly

They are usually working in conjunction these days. Karachi police, especially CID-ATC is the only cell that actually works and going by their information-the LET and the TTP are often working in conjunction.

The thing that enrages the Hazaras most is there is no response by the law enforcement teams to break Jhangvi. No real arrests, no trials, no nothing. I do not want to blame security forces. I've always been like that and it weakens my neutrality as a journalists, especially when I make glowing tributes to the Pakistan army which fails to stop these attacks. But the issue starts from the patronage provided to LEJ by state and the release of high profile terrorists like Malik Ishaq.

Furthermore Riaz Basra and Akram Lahori live like kings in jails with cell phones and everything because they have support on the outside and cops are afraid of them. I hope the new law is instrumental in ensuring they are hanged. LEJ needs to be destroyed from its base of SSP. Sipah e sahaba even today operating as ASWJ has drives and campaigns where they feed poor people at mosques.

Naturally when they support poor hungry families they support the terrorists. Its like PPPP's votes for cash. The SSP buys them.

This is precisely the problem with society. Army needs to be bought under government control and made answerable to public whose taxes are paying Kayani salary. When Kayani speaks about truce and peace talks with the terrorist, it is neither funny nor serious but a cruel joke with the future of Pakistan.

This **** is getting out of ******* control. Is there any ******* law & order in the country???????????????? Or it is only ******* jungle rule. Why the Army don't take over the country ruled by f@t @$$ @$$h0l3s...also what were intel agencies doing?? Sleeping. What they all get paid for?

Rest In Peace.

Also i would request Mods to limit indian members in Pakistan related news/threads, they posting nonsense & trying to troll. No indian member below the post count of 15000 should be able to post in Pakistan's internal issues. @WebMaster @Aeronaut @TaimiKhan @Irfan Baloch @nuclearpak.

petition signed

@American Pakistani @darkinsky
You do realize that it is an Indian member who started the thread? And that the first couple of pages was all Indians expressing condolences, and that it was some time before Pakistanis even bothered to comment?

If you are more angry about the possibility of Indians trolling than about this horrific incident itself, it shows your misplaced priorities, your misplaced sensitivity and misplaced outrage. Btw no Indian has expressed happiness at the incident, like Bangladeshis did at the death of a blogger, in the BD section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom