What's new

Blast in Lahore's Z Block area Reported

Well to think, i was in the bank adjacent to this building less then a week ago and was in a restaurant in the same lane only day before yesterday. Still not scared though.

Why would a terrorist attack an empty under construction building.

Have you heard the abbreviation "PSL" ? and if the building was empty than how can 8 people are dead ? seems like bomb was rather planted outside at the doorsteps. So easy to conduct militant attacks in Pakistan now. Security forces cannot secure even one city so what else they can do to secure entire country. Bad times ahead....some revolutionary steps have to be taken to fight this.

R.I.P
But why someone will bomb an area because of a property issue??
Because same thing had happened before in Karachi few years back they bombed the rally and in return the rally personal burned nearby building and when investigated it was revealed it was done by land mafia. The defense area of Lahore worth billion of rupees. So there might be property related issues always. And someone is trying to cover-up by recent wave of terrorism. This is my hypothesis. I might be wrong. Because I see no other justification tactical wise or military wise why they wanna hit under construction building

Have you heard the abbreviation "PSL" ? and if the building was empty than how can 8 people are dead ? seems like bomb was rather planted outside at the doorsteps. So easy to conduct militant attacks in Pakistan now. Security forces cannot secure even one city so what else they can do to secure entire country. Bad times ahead....some revolutionary steps have to be taken to fight this.

Revolutionary steps like what? They have started a full scale operation what else should be included in the operation to completely neutralise this?

Our karta dharta may be spineless idiots who couldn't understand why Sri Lankam team was attacked and what were the consequences .............. but please not everyone in this country is that idiot. If only they knew how to control terror...................... sometimes I really miss Zia he was damn good in this area.
Attack on Sri Lankan team was a way for terrorists to show the world about their presence. It was clearly not to stop a cricket match or a game. It's just that Sri Lankan team was a soft target for them that provided them with maximum media coverage possible.
Do you really think they are doing it to hamper PSL. Attack on a Sufi shrine and killing people in such a huge number is itself such a big thing. PSL is just a mere cricket tournament.
Maybe we disagree on this topic, so let it be. Peace out.

What I am hearing is that the blast took place on the first floor of the building on city 42 and the floor came down so to me it looks like a generator or gas.

Because same thing had happened before in Karachi few years back they bombed the rally and in return the rally personal burned nearby building and when investigated it was revealed it was done by land mafia. The defense area of Lahore worth billion of rupees. So there might be property related issues always. And someone is trying to cover-up by recent wave of terrorism. This is my hypothesis. I might be wrong. Because I see no other justification tactical wise or military wise why they wanna hit under construction building

Not a good time to conduct a bomb blast on property dispute when there is a mini emergency in the country over security threats. Its high chance of them being caught so they will not dare to do anything like this as of now.

Generators running on Gas/CNG can cause huge material & human loss.....
C5VnMLyWYAAeLYG.jpg

Asshat!

Attack on Sri Lankan team was a way for terrorists to show the world about their presence. It was clearly not to stop a cricket match or a game. It's just that Sri Lankan team was a soft target for them that provided them with maximum media coverage possible.
Do you really think they are doing it to hamper PSL. Attack on a Sufi shrine and killing people in such a huge number is itself such a big thing. PSL is just a mere cricket tournament.
Maybe we disagree on this topic, so let it be. Peace out.

You don't have to write lengthy paras to convince me, I wasn't the one chanting Isolation Isolation for India or I wasn't the one that on every irrelevant forum tried saying India is the mother ship of terrorism. Plus I never confessed supporting insurgencies in another country neither any of my high ranking military serving agents have been caught in another country.

I told you not all of us are spineless idiots or bikao mall. If you still think that I am an idiot well I would never be convinced that a guy who hardly knows how to brush his teeth has been successful in planning and executing attacks on bases and GHQ of Pakistan.

Meanwhile hindustan Times reports this

Pakistan: Two blasts rock Lahore; five killed, 21 wounded

pakistan-unrest-bombings-shrine_7518298e-f99c-11e6-aa44-d0b605bc50f5.jpg

A Pakistani policeman stands guard at the shrine of Rehman Baba in Peshawar on February 17 following bomb attack on a shrine of 13th century Muslim Sufi saint Lal Shahbaz Qalandar in the town of Sehwan in Sindh province, some 200 kilometres north-east of the provincial capital Karachi. (AFP)

Updated: Feb 23, 2017 13:58 IST

By Reuters, Lahore

A blast at a market in Pakistan’s eastern city of Lahore killed at least five people on Thursday and wounded 21, a rescue official told Reuters.

The cause of the explosion was not immediately clear. Security forces cordoned off the area and people were not being allowed to leave or enter.

“Forensic teams have arrived on the scene and we are verifying the cause of the blast,” Punjab police spokesman Nayab Haider said. “There are casualties and injuries but we cannot confirm figures as the rescue operation is under way.”
Moments later, a powerful explosion hit near a second upscale market in Lahore , a government official said. There were no immediate reports of casualties.

Initial reports after the first blast on Pakistani television channel Geo News said a generator had exploded but reports at the scene speculated that a bomb had gone off, based on the extent of the damage.

Pakistan has been struck by a wave of terrorist attacks in recent weeks, killing at least 130 people across the country and leaving hundreds wounded.

A witness who works at a bank in the market told Reuters that his workplace was shaken by a “frightening” explosion.
“We left the building and saw that the motor-bikes parked outside were on fire and all the windows in the surrounding buildings were shattered,” the witness, Mohammad Khurram, said.

Revolutionary steps like what? They have started a full scale operation what else should be included in the operation to completely neutralise this?

Operation Zarb-e-Azb was only restricted to Waziristan and Karachi. NAP was hardly implemented.No talk about the militants save havens outside Pakistan ? etc

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom