What's new

Blast in Darra Adam Khel - 05.11.2010

Ahmad

Reaction score
PESHAWAR: A local official says a bomb has exploded at a mosque in northwest Pakistan, killing at least 10 people and wounding 30.

The blast occurred in Darra Adam Khel, a rough area near Pakistan’s tribal regions where militants have been active.

Local government official Saeed Khan says the explosion hit the a mosque during Friday prayers.

according to the bbc it has now reached to 25 dead and many injured.

RIP

انّ للّہٰ وہ انّ علیھ رضی'ان

may the dead rest in peace and the suicide bomber and his handlers and trainers all rest in hell.

:angry:

More than 80 dead and 100 injured..numbers are expected to increase..

Last edited:
it looks like it is a sunni mosque.

So is this a Revenge act carried out by the Shias probably ??

Anyways,,,,,R.I.P innocents

Last edited:
RIP to people who are died, I am failing to understand why these blast occurs, what are they going to gain?

At least 50 people have been killed and up to 100 others injured in a bomb blast at a Sunni mosque in northwest Pakistan during Friday prayers, officials have said.

There are fears the death toll from the explosion could rise further.

"There were more than 100 people inside the mosque. The roof of its main hall collapsed after the blast. Several people are buried under the debris," a local official told the AFP news agency.

"There are blood and body parts everywhere. Elderly people and children are among the dead and wounded. I have not seen such a tragic scene in my whole life,'' Zafar Khan, a villager, was quoted by the AP news agency as saying.

Possible target

The bomb exploded in Darra Adam Khel, an area near Pakistan's tribal regions, where fighter groups have been active.

Kamal Hyder, Al Jazeera's correspondent in the capital, Islamabad, said the area has seen trouble between the Pakistani Taliban and pro-government tribal groups.

He added those wounded in the blast are being taken to the main northwest city Peshawar for treatment.

Haji Razaq Khan, a member of Pakistan's Senate from Darra Adam Khel, was cited by AP as saying a tribal elder who had been encouraging people to stand against the Taliban had a guest room next to the mosque and may have been the target.

It was not clear whether that elder, Malik Wali Khan, was among the victims.

However Khalid Umarzai, a regional administration chief, suggested the attack could have been in retaliation for military operations in the area targeting fighters.

In October, a bomb attack at a Sunni mosque on the outskirts of Peshawar killed three people and wounded 22. It also occurred during Friday prayers.

RIP to people who are died, I am failing to understand why these blast occurs, what are they going to gain?

Taliban want to intimidate pakistan govt into submission..cease all operations against them or the bloodbath continues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom