What's new

Blast in Darra Adam Khel - 05.11.2010

Von Hölle;1247073 said:
More than 80 dead and 100 injured..numbers are expected to increase..

Where did you got this number 80? I do not see anybody reporting that many.

It was being reported on Geo new : "More than 80 dead bodies have been taken out of the mosque"

RIP to people who are died, I am failing to understand why these blast occurs, what are they going to gain?

Good question,What they want to do is to instil a sense of fear in the local population that they (TTP) cant be beaten and the more they are attacked,the more will be the bombings and more will be the sufferings of the common man,which will ultimately force the Government to withdraw the Army from the operations going on.

So much hate! One mad man killing hundreds. It's really heart rending to see what is happening to the world.

May the departed R.I.P.

darra adam khel is dangerous place as the whole area is well loaded with weapons and ammunition!

Von Hölle;1247129 said:
It was being reported on Geo new : "More than 80 dead bodies have been taken out of the mosque"

Their website still saying 50, maybe online news. The number 80 is very large.

Serious action should be taken against Taliban!
They cannot kill our citizens like this!
They do have got no right to do so!

Their website still saying 50, maybe online news. The number 80 is very large.

I know ..they even have ticker running which says 50 ppl are dead but the a field reporter was reporting the above figure ..right now NDTV is also reporting " Number of dead could rise to 80"
Reports say 10-15 Kg of explosive was used.

darra adam khel is dangerous place as the whole area is well loaded with weapons and ammunition!

But isnt the weapons trade there strictly regulated/controlled by the local Afridi tribes ?? and it is difficult for others to even enter there without local knowledge ?

Anyone from Darra here ?

Sad News, Suicide bombing reduced in last couple of months but its again gaining momentum... May the dead rest in peace.

BTW TTP took responsibility of this attack.

But isnt the weapons trade there strictly regulated/controlled by the local Afridi tribes ?? and it is difficult for others to even enter there without local knowledge ?

Anyone from Darra here ?
The days of guns are gone is Darra. The market isn't that much active anymore. You can't bring any weapons out of darra. The market there was just kind of tourist spot where people came and fired few guns on cost of 10R per bullet.

P.S those guns have nothing to do with Suicide blast.

P.P.S I am not from darra.

Darra Adamkhel suicide attack kills 50 ,11/5/2010 8:01:37 PM

KOHAT: The death toll in suicide attack at a mosque during Friday prayers in Akharwal area of Darra Adamkhel has reached to 50. Around 90 persons were injured in the attack claimed by banned terrorist outfit Tehrik-e-Taliban.

According to reports a 17-year suicide bomber blew up his exploives during Friday prayers in a mosque in Darrikhel village of Akharwal. The blast rocked the area and the rooftop of the mosque building caved in with several persons trapped under the debris.

Local people retrieved the dead bodies and injured from the rubble and transferred them to hospitals of Kohat and Peshawar.

After the deadly attack all major hospitals of Peshawar and Kohat City Hospital declared emergency.

Around 50 injured, some of them in critical state, were shifted to Lady Reading Hospital of Peshawar.

The death toll in the attack has reached to 50 including children, while around 60 were injured and being transferred to hospitals in nearby Peshawar and Kohat cities.

The forces have cordoned off the area.

R.I.P the dead .

Need of the hour is to go after the terrorists indiscriminately and give a clear message that terror of any kind will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom