What's new

Blast at Punjab home minister Shuja Khanzada's office, 7 dead

some news channels reporting that he passed away
ina lilahe wa ina elahe rajion

A very sad news,Indeed.
First we lost ex-DG ISI general(retd) Hameed Gul and now we lost Khandzada sahab who was our asset.My god,my god...may Allah honor them and they rest in Jannah.

x.jpg

My condolences to Khanzada sahab.

regards

Blow back of Malik Ishaq. Shows that terrorists know their real targets and have means to neutralize them.

RIP Sir...

Rats of Lashker-e-Jahngvi should count their days now.

FB_IMG_1439720337123.jpg

RIP man, You served your nation well both through Army and as interior minister of Punjab. May ALLAH accept your martyrdom and forgive your sins and grant you highest place in Jannah.

Punjab home minister Shuja Khanzada killed in terror attack
DAWN.COM | IMRAN GABOL | IRFAN HAIDER | HASEEB BHATTI — UPDATED 10 minutes ago
WHATSAPP
71 COMMENTS
PRINT

The impact of the blast caused a roof collapse of the building and shattered windows in nearby houses. —DawnNews screengrab

File photo of Punjab home minister Shuja Khanzada
55d04d6f3b635.jpg
The impact of the blast caused a roof collapse of the building and shattered windows in nearby houses. —DawnNews screengrab

55d04d6fe1371.jpg

File photo of Punjab home minister Shuja Khanzada

ATTOCK: Punjab home minister Colonel (retd) Shuja Khanzada was killed in a suicide attack on his political office in Shadi Khan village. His death was confirmed by Dr Syed Elahi, adviser to the chief minister of Punjab.

Several others died in the bomb blast. The impact of the explosion caused the roof of the building to collapse, and shattered windows in nearby houses.

Between 50-100 people were estimated to have been in attendance at the jirga being held at Khanzada’s political office. Many of them were buried underneath the wreckage as the entire structure had been razed to the ground by the explosion.

Deputy Superintendent of Police Hazro Syed Shoukat Shah was among the dead recovered from the site. Ten other policemen who are yet to be rescued were present at the scene when the blast occurred.

55d05c131ac3b.jpg

—DawnNews screengrab
LeJ involvement
Sources in the interior ministry claim that banned outfit Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) has taken responsibility of the suicide attack on Khanzada. They alleged Khanzada was under threat following the killing of LeJ chief Malik Ishaq in July.

The Rawalpindi regional police officer confirmed the attack was a suicide blast.

Also read: Lashkar-i-Jhangvi chief Malik Ishaq, two sons killed in Muzaffargarh 'encounter'

Shuja Khanzada was given charge of the home department in October 2014 and had been actively involved in major operations against terror outfits. The provincial department he headed was responsible for the maintenance of law and order, and protection of life and property of citizens. He had previously held positions as Provincial Minister Punjab and Advisor to the Chief Minister Punjab.

55d05c240549d.jpg

—DawnNews screengrab
Earlier this year, Khanzada had said the Punjab government received threat alerts for airports, prisons, schools and sensitive installations, besides targeted killing of known personalities and kidnap for ransom.

The minister had said all banned organisations had been stopped from operating, and lists of NGOs and seminaries working against “national interests”, as well as a person delivering provocative speeches, had also been prepared and action would be taken against them on “solid evidence”.

Also read: Terror-linked madressahs to face action: Khanzada

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has condemned the terrorist attack. Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan similarly condemned the incident and directed federal and provincial institutions to carry out immediate rescue activities.

Rescue operations are still underway at the scene of the attack.

Office of home minister blown, where was the security when bomb was being planted. This is not a road side attack but a well planned blast in office

It was done by a suicide bomber but your question is valid, where was the security ? How he managed to get in ?

yeah right he was a suicide bomber but he entered the high security area unchallenged where the office of home minister of Punjab is situated. This lax attitude on part of police when there country is fighting a crucial war on terrorist on there soil

Why do you think so ?
With the NDS clearly pushing an anti-Pakistan campaign in Afghanistan, along with the blame game and vows for revenge from religious clerics in Afghanistan (rumored to be close to the NDS...i don't know

I feel like the NDS is trying to push for some sort of military conflict, though I have no evidence. If this attack gets traced to Afghanistan, things are not going to be pretty

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom