What's new

Blackwater's Pakistan mission (and related news)

Ive seen Blackwater(now known as Xe) personnel myself back in 2007 in Peshawar.
Stayed at the PC(now sold to the US Government to be the new consulate in Peshawar).

Ive seen Blackwater(now known as Xe) personnel myself back in 2007 in Peshawar.
Stayed at the PC(now sold to the US embassy).

:) yes thats the new name. BTW according to my information another such private firm is also operating in Pakistan.

The PC Peshawar :( yeh now it has been officialy accepted that US has bought it . Damn now where will i go to attend those good seminars and workshop. PC was the only five-star good hotel in Peshawar.

:) Thankks for acknowledging the truth about NY Times.

The report clearly says that Blackwater with new name is not operating the the predators but they are on ground to provide information and targets besides if needed they might assassinate the targetd object.

N.Y. Times has been caught in numerous scandals involving it's reporters and editors.

I added the last part about the pilots. becuase it wouldn't have been to far of a stretch to see people start saying. Black water was piloting them as well from secret CIA bases in Shangri-La. :lol:

N.Y. Times has been caught in numerous scandals involving it's reporters and editors.

I added the last part about the pilots. becuase it wouldn't have been to far of a stretch to see people start saying. Black water was piloting them as well from secret CIA bases in Shangri-La. :lol:
Heck...If The Onion, well known for their satirical take on the news, put the inititals 'CIA' into their satire pieces, people here would take it as fact and truth. Often I cannot help it but wonder given how much power and influence supposedly 'The CIA' has, all over the world, why are we not ruling this planet?

Blackwater, flying the US's most potent weapon at this point in time? I doubt it.....

CIA hired Blackwater to transfer Guantanamo detainees: report

BERLIN (AFP) – The US Central Intelligence Agency hired the private security firm Blackwater to transfer detainees from Guantanamo Bay to secret prisons in Asia for interrogation, the German weekly Der Spiegel says.

The newsmagazine cites a "memo" it said it had obtained, written by two former Blackwater employees whose identities are not revealed.

According to the memo, the CIA hired "Blackwater and its subsidiaries" to secretly transfer prisoners from the US detention centre in Cuba to "secret detention camps in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Uzbekistan for interrogation."

The document "identifies the flights and reveals how these flights had been concealed," Der Spiegel says in its edition due out on Monday.

A CIA spokesman told the magazine the memo contained "errors."

US press reports on Thursday said the CIA hired Blackwater in 2004 as part of a failed program to find and kill top Al-Qaeda terrorists. CIA director Leon Panetta learned about the plan in June and stopped it.

The memo obtained by Der Spiegel indicates that the CIA hired Blackwater to carry out attacks against targets in Afghanistan.

The document gives the names of several people involved in the programme, one of whom was a "hired killer," the German magazine says.

The two former employees pin most of the blame on the former number three at the CIA, Alvin Bernard Krongard, the magazine said.

The revelation that the CIA had secret prisons in countries where torture is not forbidden caused an outcry during the presidency of George W. Bush.

Blackwater renamed itself Xe after a shooting incident in Iraq in 2007 that left as many as 17 civilians dead.

NYTIMEs is piece of crap.Why would Blackwater operate CIA Planes?

Patriot, Blackwater or Xe, as it is now known as, does not, did not ever, operate drones - what they did was maintain it and load the weapons on it it's racks -- NYT made it seem sensational because they will now hope to tie this with the a previously secret program the CIA had with blackwater to train assasins to take out AQ leadership -- The NYT in essence will be the tool some elements in the US intelligence circles will use against others in the Intel circles. That's the way it works.

The NYT in essence will be the tool some elements in the US intelligence circles will use against others in the Intel circles. That's the way it works.

Perhaps this is an intramural intelligence leak-fight. But, more likely, it is part of the continuing effort of the NYT to discredit the Bush administration's tactics and methods in the WoT and to, perhaps, gin up congressional hearings that go after the hated Bushites.

Indeed - just business as usual; it's how elements in the bureaucracy settle accounts. Plus it makes for a good story -- My bet, see either Mark Mazzetti, David Sangar or Elaine Scialiano in the lead - old bottle, old wine.

Guys i have heard that Hamid Mir was showing pictures of
houses owned by black water in Islamabad...and Peshawar...

is it true...if u have any link of tht capital talk episode plz
do post

Guys i have heard that Hamid Mir was showing pictures of
houses owned by black water in Islamabad...and Peshawar...

is it true...if u have any link of tht capital talk episode plz
do post

There's already a thread related to that topic. Please go through the "Geo-political Arena" section of the forum.

as per reports, they are also here in Peshawar. They are under a new name. Their presence is unacceptable. They showed their true colours in Iraq, a rogue and unprofessional firm. Many of their workers were killed in PC hotel blast. They may be posing national security risk. They should vacate this country at once.

I do n t know what’s going on in Pakistan. Near my house some American rented 6 houses big houses they live in one house and rest are empty. One of their houses touched our wall so they cover it with barbwire and cameras.

Back
Top Bottom