What's new

Blackout in Pakistan

Plz never come back to my country and your logic is WOW :D

LOL, to a monkey 2+2= 4 is WOW as well :azn:

And don't worry, real honest hardworking Pakistanis will take Pakistan back from the thugs and murderers in a few months Inshallah.
Once they do they will run Pakistan like a country and not a trust fund and in 5 years time they will have eliminated load shedding.
I suggest you move to Afghanistan then since you love corruption and load shedding so much.

"Merey aziz Hamwatano" .................... not really

According to my twitter, Karachi, Islamabad and Lahore are facing a Blackout. There is a TWITTER rumour that there is some problem in Mangla. Dont know much but enjoy the Blackout :(

I really wish it was a take over by the Military. I can assure you that the corrupt & incompetent politicians are shitting out of their diapers with fear.

Jab dam bananay ki baat ho, tu hum bun jatay hain Balauchi/Pathan/Punjabi/Sindhi; aur bijli bhi mangtay hain; meray aziz hum watano bijli k baghair zinda rahna seekh lo.

In fact, we all have to force our political leadership (whoever in power) to build dams.

The news was coming that army is in roads of Islamabad and was seen near President House in large quantity, and the rumors for a possible Martial Law started to spread. Now it is in that Zardari is going to visit Mangla and Tarbela dam.

Jab dam bananay ki baat ho, tu hum bun jatay hain Balauchi/Pathan/Punjabi/Sindhi; aur bijli bhi mangtay hain; meray aziz hum watano bijli k baghair zinda rahna seekh lo.

In fact, we all have to force our political leadership (whoever in power) to build dams.

The solution is not dams, we have already damed the hell out of the Indus.
The solution is coal.
Look up PTI energy policy.
They will first use exported coal and develop our own coal at the same time, then switch to Pakistani produced coal.

German Power Generation Company AEG will invest 1billion dollar for 400MW solar energy projects in Punjab”, said the CM while addressing a press conference after the MoU was signed. “50 to 100 megawatt solar energy projects will be set up in Cholistan and groundbreaking ceremony in this regard will be held soon. These projects will start functioning by June 2013 inshaaAllah”, remarked the CM. CM Shahbaz Sharif also said that there are vast opportunities of investment in hydropower projects in Punjab as well as a great potential of investment in coal and solar power projects and he is glad that German company is investing around 100billion rupees here in Punjab on solar projects. Another MoU was signed with Austrian Company “Andritz Hydro” which aims at generating 300MW through Windmill and Hydropower.
“I have brought foreign investment in Punjab to cope with energy crisis but the sovereign guarantee is yet to be provided by the Federal Govt. " as per law and I hope they don’t create any hurdle in these power generation projects. It is the credibility of my govt. that these companies are investing in Punjab Alhumdulillah”, said the CM.

How did this happen? ?

Lights out: Major cities in Pakistan face electricity blackout

By Web Desk

Published: February 25, 2013

512091-engery-

Many cities across Pakistan plunged into darkness on late Sunday evening due to a technical fault at the National Power Control Centre (NPCC) in Islamabad, Express News reported.

NPCC consultant Chaudhry Masood said the system collapse was due to a HUBCO power plant trip, which caused a 1200-megawatt shortage.

Cities affected include Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Quetta, Sibbi, Hyderabad, Tando Mohammad Khan, Badin and Nawabshah.

27 grid stations were reported to have tripped in Karachi. 80 to 90 per cent of the city was blacked out.

Lahore Airport was blacked out but continued operations by running generators.

16 divisions of Balochistan were in darkness.

Officials from the NPCC said they had traced the cause of the technical fault, but could not give a time frame on how long it would take to fix.

Off-duty NPCC officials were called in to assist with the situation.

The KESC depends on the National Grid Centre for a 500-600 megawatt supply of electricity.

This is a developing story and will be updated accordingly.

Lights out: Major cities in Pakistan face electricity blackout – The Express Tribune

Is it time for "mere aziz hum watano"?
Last time, the excuse was plane hijack.

This time power blackout!

Well atleast most middle class have generators and invertors.

Back
Top Bottom