What's new

BlackLivesMatter protests | Updates, News & Discussion

I just tried to tell you that Black community of USA is being oppressed. Mostly generalizing the matter. Plus American FBI and Police are good with making cases out of nowhere. They did it to Malcolm-X too, they killed him but told you a different story. He was a martyr of his beliefs. It doesn't matter that Floyd was a drug addict or not, that savage that put his knee on his throat and suffocated him to death is of our concern.
damn you're spittin facts my nigga. I learnt 2 days ago that back then in the 70s or so they sprayed the house of a black panther leader, just to eliminate him, and they killed his pregnant wife also....wow, so horrific and violent...so many hypocritical things. do u read Noam Chomsky? he REALLY exposes it all sometimes...BOb Baer has said it multiple times in his books that The main BEEF/problem US has with Iran is sort of over regional hegemony - US uses money, guns and men to dominate and assert power, well Iran also uses money, guns and men, so its the same currency, but US gets triggered when Iranian gets ahead using the same Money, guns and men against US interests or advancement regionally.

Last edited:
damn you're spittin facts my nigga. I learnt 2 days ago that back then in the 70s or so they sprayed the house of a black panther leader, just to eliminate him, and they killed his pregnant wife also....wow, so horrific and violent...so many hypocritical things. do u read Noam Chomsky? he REALLY exposes it all sometimes...BOb Baer has said it multiple times in his books that The man beef US has with Iran is sort of over regional hegemony - US uses money, guns and men to dominate and assert power, well Iran also uses money, guns and men, so its the same currency, but US gets triggered when Iranian gets ahead using the same Money, guns and men against US interests or advancement regionally.
:enjoy:
You know better than anyone else that Black people are living in poverty, a poverty that is imposed on them through social injustice and inequality. Finding a job for a white guy is so easy but if you are a Black guy then it's hell hard to find a job and feed your family in USA. Our first Imam Ali (AS) said in his prayers "O God, protect my honor with needlessness and do not tarnish my character with poverty, because poverty is the great death." There are plenty of points in this quote, first of all poverty brings the hardest pain to its victim even worse than death. Poverty causes corruption, poverty makes people to do anything just to survive. Black people are living in that situation which is imposed on them.

These guys on this thread are pretending as if Floyd was guilty because he put his throat under that cop's knee. Lol, that was why I tried to state some facts in your absence. Glad to see you around, please keep us informed and enlighten us.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.9news.com.au/article/d4688876-2318-43c9-9459-53c920dc7167

US riots: 80 per cent of Americans think nation is 'out of control'

Edward Colston: Bristol slave trader statue 'was an affront'
  • 2 hours ago
Related

MediaProtesters in Bristol pull down a statue of slave trader Edward Colston

A statue of a slave trader which was torn down during an anti-racism protest in Bristol was "an affront", the city's mayor has said.

Mayor Marvin Rees said he felt no "sense of loss" after the controversial bronze statue of Edward Colston was pulled down and thrown into the harbour by protesters on Sunday.

But Prime Minister Boris Johnson described it as a "criminal act".

Avon and Somerset Police said a decision was taken not to intervene.

Mr Johnson's official spokesman said: "The PM's view is that in this country, where there is strong opinion, there is a democratic process which should be followed.

"People can campaign for the removal of a statue but what happened yesterday was a criminal act and when the criminal law is broken that is unacceptable and the police will want to hold to account those responsible.

"The PM absolutely understands the strength of feeling, but in this country we settle our differences democratically and if people wanted the removal of the statue there are democratic routes which can be followed."

View attachment 639763
ImageMarvin Rees said the statue would be retrieved and would likely be put into a museum
Thousands of people attended largely peaceful demonstrations in cities across the UK at the weekend, including in Manchester, Wolverhampton, Nottingham, Glasgow and Edinburgh.

But unrest in London on Sunday resulted in eight police officers being injured and 12 arrests.

The statue of the prominent 17th Century slave trader has been a source of controversy in Bristol for years.

Ten thousand people descended on the city on Sunday for the protest which saw the Colston statue torn down and dragged through the streets to the harbour, where it was thrown into the water.

Colston was a member of the Royal African Company, which transported about 80,000 men, women and children from Africa to the Americas.

On his death in 1721, he bequeathed his wealth to charities and his legacy can still be seen on Bristol's streets, memorials and buildings.

After the statue was toppled, a protester was pictured with his knee on the figure's neck - reminiscent of the video showing George Floyd, the black man who died while being restrained by a white Minnesota police officer.

View attachment 639765ImagePA MEDIA
ImageThe statue of Edward Colston was dragged through Bristol before being thrown into the harbour
Mr Rees said the statue would be retrieved from the harbour "at some point" and it was likely to end up in a city museum.

"I think circumstances came to a head and people felt the need to take the statue down," Mr Rees said.

"I can't and won't pretend the statue of a slave trader in a city I was born and grew up in wasn't an affront to me and people like me.

"People in Bristol who don't want that statue in the middle of the city came together and it is my job to unite, hear those voices and hold those truths together for people for who that statue is a personal affront."

View attachment 639764
'Why the statue had to come down'
View attachment 639766ImageSALMA OMAR
ImageSalma Omar said she would tell her children about the day Edward Colston's statue fell
Protesters in Bristol on Sunday described seeing Colston's statue being toppled as "empowering".

Some of those who saw it fall told the BBC why they felt it was right it was pulled down.

View attachment 639767
Police said a "tactical decision" was taken by officers at the protest not to intervene as people pulled the statue down.

Supt Andy Bennett said although he was "disappointed, he did understand" as the statue had caused "a lot of angst" for the city's black community.

The Police Federation, which represents rank-and-file officers in England and Wales, has criticised the decision not to intervene, saying it sent a negative message.

Supt Bennett said police had identified 17 suspects over the criminal damage to the Colston statue and that investigations continued.

Mr Rees described the protest as a "well-managed occasion by police and council officers".

"There was a very large number of people but very few arrests. Only one piece of criminal damage and that was at the statue, people didn't go around smashing shop fronts or verbal confrontations," he said.

But leader of the Conservative group on Bristol City Council, Mark Weston, said the "perpetrators should be prosecuted for a wanton act of criminal damage".

"I do not believe that anyone has the right to deface or destroy public property, no matter how warranted they believe their actions or motivation to be," he said.

View attachment 639773ImagePA MEDIA
ImageTen thousand people are estimated to have take part in the Bristol protest on Sunday
A petition has been set up at change.org for a statue of civil rights campaigner Dr Paul Stephenson to be erected as a replacement.

Dr Stephenson led the Bristol bus boycott in the 1960s, which resulted in a ban on ethnic minorities working on city buses being overturned.

Calls have also been made to remove the statue of imperialist Cecil Rhodes at Oriel College at Oxford, with campaigners saying the university had "failed to address its institutional racism".

View attachment 639769ImageBRISTOL CITY COUNCIL
ImagePlacards left at the site where Colston's statue stood will go on display at Bristol's M Shed museum
Mr Johnson has vowed those responsible for violence during the anti-racism demonstrations in cities will be held to account, saying the protests had been "subverted by thuggery".

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer said the way the statue had been pulled down was "completely wrong" but it should have been removed "a long, long time ago".

"You can't, in 21st Century Britain, have a slaver on a statue. That statue should have been brought down properly, with consent, and put in a museum"

@Mangus Ortus Novem
They are try to do that on Churchill and Gandhi statue too. Lol...

:enjoy:
You know better than anyone else that Black people are living in poverty, a poverty that is imposed on them through social injustice and inequality. Finding a job for a white guy is so easy but if you are a Black guy then it's hell hard to find a job and feed your family in USA. Our first Imam Ali (AS) said in his prayers "O God, protect my honor with needlessness and do not tarnish my character with poverty, because poverty is the great death." There are plenty of points in this quote, first of all poverty brings the hardest pain to its victim even worse than death. Poverty causes corruption, poverty makes people to do anything just to survive. Black people are living in that situation which is imposed on them.

These guys on this thread are pretending as if Floyd was guilty because he put his throat under that cop's knee. Lol, that was why I tried to state some facts in your absence. Glad to see you around, please keep us informed and enlighten us.
It's easy to find job for an Iranian & Black's in US. But it is very hard for you to find a job and keep it if you wanna live on welfare and free money.

Most of the companies give priority to minority groups. Groups like BLM or KKK are exterimist and racist groups working for their community. Establish one such group in US for middle eastern and Muslims and see how quick your black buddies will push to declare them terrorist organization.

I have given you clear example, Obama/Hillary (Black/White) and Bush/Condoliza(White/Black) used to see everyone in Middle East and Afpak region as terrorists, threatening, pounding from jets and indirectly sanctioning. You think your black buddies will save you if they come to power...?

It's easy to find job for an Iranian & Black's in US. But it is very hard for you to find a job and keep it if you wanna live on welfare and free money.

Most of the companies give priority to minority groups. Groups like BLM or KKK are exterimist and racist groups working for their community. Establish one such group in US for middle eastern and Muslims and see how quick your black buddies will push to declare them terrorist organization.

I have given you clear example, Obama/Hillary (Black/White) and Bush/Condoliza(White/Black) used to see everyone in Middle East and Afpak region as terrorists, threatening, pounding from jets and indirectly sanctioning. You think your black buddies will save you if they come to power...?
So my friend, what is your suggestion? Lets kill blacks because Condoliza was black? Or lets kill Muslims because ISIS was carrying Islamic symbols? You are endorsing extremism against oppressed because of some examples?
Have you seen Django movie?
images

images

Both them were Blacks.

'Like toy soldiers': D.C. Mayor Bowser says that's how Trump uses military to intimidate protesters
She addressed her decision to paint "Black Lives Matter" on the street leading to the White House.
200608-muriel-bowser-mn-0925_b2cbe00e97a89aaf1fef65b017000d10.fit-760w.jpg

District of Columbia Mayor Muriel Bowser speaks on May 27, 2020.Jacquelyn Martin / AP file

June 8, 2020, 6:05 PM +0430 / Updated June 8, 2020, 6:11 PM +0430
By Rebecca Shabad

WASHINGTON — District of Columbia Mayor Muriel Bowser said Monday that President Donald Trump used U.S. military forces for a "political stunt" last week against peaceful protesters to allow for a photo-op in front of St. John’s Episcopal Church.

"We saw in Washington, D.C., federal forces used in a political stunt to attack peaceful protests," Bowser said in an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

"We saw the American military moved around our country like toy soldiers to intimidate Americans," she said, adding that the U.S. military should never be used in that way and that Americans "across the country should be scared about that."

Washington DC mayor calls on Trump to pull troops and federal forces out of city
Muriel Bowser objects to unidentified forces – from Green Berets to prison guards – operating outside police chain of command

Julian Borger in Washington

Fri 5 Jun 2020 17.53 BSTLast modified on Fri 5 Jun 2020 20.53 BST

Mayor Muriel Bowser speaks after announcing that she is renaming a section of 16th street ‘Black Lives Matter Plaza’ in Washington DC on Friday. Photograph: Jim Lo Scalzo/EPA

So my friend, what is your suggestion? Lets kill blacks because Condoliza was black? Or lets kill Muslims because ISIS was carrying Islamic symbols? You are endorsing extremism against oppressed because of some examples?
Have you seen Django movie?
images

images

Both them were Blacks.
So what you suggest? Kill all White people? Only black and Iranian look matters and kill the rest Muslims and Middle Easterns?

Don't be a sm@rt @sh with me. I don't need to watch any fictional movie to say what I'm saying. Your political point scoring doesn't matter for me as I know neither Black nor white care about Muslims or their issues. For them your Iranian or anyone life doesn't matter. And I gave you clear cut examples.

so you have indirectly admitted there is discrimiation against non-whites in US...ok, good start.

Most of the companies give priority to minority groups.
BS! you're manipulating the truth- how good are these jobs? how easily can minorities move up? minorities are underpaid relative to white people today! (if you have real stats, go disprove that!) Do you know that after i got back from Nigeria in2016, i couldnt get a decent job for 7 months, and i didnt get a permanent fulltime good one till 14 months LATER. why? myAfrican name and where i recently travelled from. Bro, Its not about the job, its about the quality of the job, the terms of the work(discrimination because white people see u as worthless and powerless?) its about the quality relative to other Americans with similar experience, education etc.
Groups like BLM or KKK are exterimist and racist groups working for their community.
well well, we know what side you chose to see. IF America had 1) righted its old wrongs(Israel, you listening)? and 2) treated minorities EQUALLY, BLM and stuff woud never have arose. why didnt BLM start in UK or France?
Establish one such group in US for middle eastern and Muslims and see how quick your black buddies will push to declare them terrorist organization.
big generalization and hypothetical.
frankly, your comments are dissapointing and confirm you REALLY dunno whats going on in AMerica. but screenshot this- WHITE America, will have to make deals to survive peacefully- They will have to make a deal with China, and minorities in US. remember that.

I have given you clear example, Obama/Hillary (Black/White) and Bush/Condoliza(White/Black) used to see everyone in Middle East and Afpak region as terrorists,
ITs not about black or white here, its about US president or not. ALL US presidents are war presidents, you're just following unimportant info in this context- their race. doesnt matter- republican or democrat, woman or man, white or black, all US presidents go to war, their way, for the country's perceived benefit. simple.
threatening, pounding from jets and indirectly sanctioning. You think your black buddies will save you if they come to power...?
please. once again, you've turned BLack people's plight in AMerica into this faked Islamophobia. Even MOst Muslims in the world dont associated non-white people with American Islamophibia, well except you maybe. US govt has done so much propaganda on people, they dont evenknow the truth, like you. please learn more and really open your eyes.

When did i say that? You clearly are trying to whitewash crimes of American racists. I can't help you in that case.
yuuup.....he has a very different interpretation of all the crap America is going thru. he's in good luck though -he is GOING TO LEARN soon, because this country cant have stability without being non-violent to people, whether internally, or internationally. America's days of profitable violence are over. why u think this country is so mad? they cant smash Iran, they cant smash N. Korea, they cant even outfinance CHina, EU wont fight China with US, US military is tired, overspent Americans money, and cant win another war,except against terrorists or small countries. American govt was caught BUllshittin with Americans priorities and lives:
1) overspending on defense
2) poor healthcare, look at COVID
3) historical inequalities that have not been "healed"
4)demographic changes- Minorities wealth and #s are ever increasing, and thast why their voices have gone up too.
5) White decline- WHite people now have to start undoign their wrongs, because minorities will deal with them when they dont. who do u think has been more afraid with COVID and protests going on? yup- white people.
6) discriminatory wealth distribution- white people unfairly got most of the $ in the country- they will have to share, or give some up, or they will keep getting what they love to donate to the world - violence.

Your political point scoring doesn't matter for me as I know neither Black nor white care about Muslims or their issues. .
Ok, but this is not the current topic, you're changing the discussion. why u gotta steal the rightful attention Black Americans deserve for ALL THE ABUSE they got from the US govt system? dont come in and interupt their time- wait for yours! damn. we are not talking about Islamophobia in America(doesnt sound like ur even accusing white Americans of doing it even).
@waz - this dude is derailing this thread from BLM to Islamophobia in America.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom