What's new

Black Helicopter with Orange Strip

Carrying nukes on a passenger sized Bell 412? You are new at this are'nt you boy?

Well he joined in Feb 2012 so he obviously is. No brownie marks for you.

People with small brains, should not voice their opinions, in case of embarrassment. <End of lesson>

On the contrary; one who does not voice his/her opinion is an imbecile regardless of what his brain size may be. One who does not speak up fearing embarrassment is a moron. And one who resorts to petty ridicule where he should have exhibited a demeanor befitting his high rank might not be judged as a very nice person.

What have you been drinking / smoking lately?

Did not help whatsoever....

No, its not for people.

Its to transport nukes as the land routes are not safe.

Its a bit far fetched. Firstly the land routes aren't as bad as we are made to believe. If the ministers and the generals can travel on these roads with their 20 car motorcade trumpeting their arrival 30 min before time then transporting the nukes quietly under heavy watch should not be that big of a problem. Second; even if the nukes were to be transported by air a brightly colored, low-flying, slow-speed heli would not be the optimal choice and certainly not the most discrete.

ps: Nice pic. Tell me you're a hordie.

Well there is a roots school in DHA!!!

I said this SPD at post number 5!!!

JUST SAYING.....

But the number of 30, I will have to check on that.

The AW139's are not all for VIP duty, 2 are for that, the rest are for Search and rescue.

And well, sometimes back, about a year back, the SPD helicopter was a UH-1H, landing at the presidency, when some sort of high level meeting took place.

Carrying nukes on a passenger sized Bell 412? You are new at this are'nt you boy?

Practical or safe perhaps not but certainly possible.

Its wide opening 7.7 ft. doors accommodate forklift loading into a 220 ft³ cabin, Std internal gross wt 11,900 lbs 5,398 kg

Specifications

W-78/Mk-12A Warhead/Reentry Vehicle Package Yield 335-350 Kilotons
Weight 700-800 lb
RV Length 71.3 in (181 cm)
RV Base Diameter 21.3 in (54.1 cm)
Warhead Length 67.7 in (172 cm)
Warhead Diameter 21.3 in (54.1 cm)
Number In Service 920

Seems like you could fit a few in a bell?

i think it is from PA. May be tasked with liaison duties.

Following is its picture i captured last year in December...same golden strips and black colour.

WiIF1.jpg

For any reason if there is a need to carry nuke warheads by air, we would rather use the Army's workhorse Mi-17 then a passenger Bell 412. Besides, all the remote sites for our nukes do not necessarily have the luxury of 'helipads' within so 'practically' sending them by heli's is not an option at all! Land routes are the safest and the most preferred options.

Practical or safe perhaps not but certainly possible.

Its wide opening 7.7 ft. doors accommodate forklift loading into a 220 ft³ cabin, Std internal gross wt 11,900 lbs 5,398 kg

Specifications

W-78/Mk-12A Warhead/Reentry Vehicle Package Yield 335-350 Kilotons
Weight 700-800 lb
RV Length 71.3 in (181 cm)
RV Base Diameter 21.3 in (54.1 cm)
Warhead Length 67.7 in (172 cm)
Warhead Diameter 21.3 in (54.1 cm)
Number In Service 920

Seems like you could fit a few in a bell?

Got it today.

saw this one myself, a black/dark navy blue helicopter with orange stripes. guess what, i saw it in Faisalabad.

it belongs to motorway/highway police/authority.

since the construction on Faislabad-Multan motorway have began, perhaps carrying authorities to site.

but surely it was dark navy or black with orange stripes. and it do belong to motorway/highway police/authority.

i hope the mystery is solved now!

regards!

Got it today.

saw this one myself, a black/dark navy blue helicopter with orange stripes. guess what, i saw it in Faisalabad.

it belongs to motorway/highway police/authority.

since the construction on Faislabad-Multan motorway have began, perhaps carrying authorities to site.

but surely it was dark navy or black with orange stripes. and it do belong to motorway/highway police/authority.

i hope the mystery is solved now!

regards!

Did it have a roundel on it?

Couldn&#8217;t figure that and was not eve in actually looking for that.
Have talked to my mamu ji :partay: he was there with me in morning when we saw it,
told him about the all the discussion about this helo on this forum and he said he saw it yesterday as well and was close bay and belongs to motorway as he have seen it many time along side faisalabad-multan motorway when going to Jhang.

Well two sightings in two day so now will keep my eyes open and lets see if I can have an even better look

That looks like SPD, MoI heli to me.

Back
Top Bottom