What's new

BJP MP from Uttarakhand seeks official status for Tamil

We Demand for Malayalam..............This Language can give Indian Union 100 % Literacy..........

:rofl: ...... Bhai innathe manorama pathram kandirunno .... samsthanathu 20 laksham niraksharar undenna vidyabhyaasa manthri parayunne .

just for my information since Tamil is probably older than Sanskrit are there and major Hindu religious texts like Vedas, Puranas or any major Hindu epics originally written in Tamil???

Hindi Speaker here
Ok Tamil i very old ok fine
But if we make Tamil the official lang of India then why not Bengali or Telgu for that matter
If this continues the Passport of the country would look like

Republic of India
Bharat Ghanrajya
Republic of India in Bengali
Republic of India in Telgu
Republic of India in Tamil
Republic of India in Punjabi
Republic of India in Haryanvi
. & so on & on & on

Stop trying to pass as a scholar.Did my post had any realtion to "Hindi".

They have Tamil in their state why do they want it be a part of a National language.Hindi was given that status a long time back.....that stuff is history.They should stop stirring this matter again.

Stop having a inferiority complex.

Tamil is already a National Language :lol:.

History is always re-written. No need to stop stirring this matter till it is amicably resolved.

Stop having a inferiority complex.

Tamil is already a National Language :lol:.

History is always re-written. No need to stop stirring this matter till it is amicably resolved.
Was the best you could come up with!try again! :lol:

Now stop being a dipstick!

I am not sure if North Indian's are really arrogant but every Hindi speaking North Indian I met was miffed by the fact that Tamil's don't speak Hindi. I usually try to speak with them and try to get an reason why they are feeling so and almost all the time I get an answer that Hindi is National Language and hence every one India should learn it, when I tell them what why should we Tamil's make our children learn 3 Languages and burden their childhood where as their children has to learn only two Languages, and propose them an Idea where children who have Hindi as their mother tongue should learn any of the South Indian Language but almost all the time my Idea will be shot down with the same rhetoric that Hindi is National Language and Tamil is not.

I am really happy that we Tamils resisted Hindi.

Tamil is not an official language of India?

I thought it was.

Shameful if it isn't, given that it is where the language was born.

Tamil is not an official language of India?

I thought it was.

Shameful if it isn't, given that it is where the language was born.

According to 1961 census , India has 1652 languages .

We cannot make every single one of them an official language .

just a question to Tamils here what does the word "Thalaiva“ means ???

I disagree. Even I have a problem in imposing Hindi all over India.

Tamils and rest of India who oppose this forcible imposition of Hindi are right in fighting for remove this.

I would much rather have Sanskrit being forced on Indians. It is the mother of most Indian languages and knowing it will help us strengthen our religious, cultural and social roots.

Hindi servers no purpose other than make the life of natural Hindi speakers easier at the expense on Non Hindi speakers. This form of discrimination and double standard must go.

I disagree.

We Indians are a big family and in a family we chose on something which gives least discomfort to most not like if I am getting discomfort then my whole family should feel the pain.

If you look at it on individual scale you might be right but if you look at it as a family you will not be hurt to see that atleast your brothers dont face any discomfort rather than all going through pain.

You evil tamilians -- either learn hindi or else MIND IT. :D

It is correct buddy .

India does not have any National Language just official languages .

There's no national language in India: Gujarat High Court - Times Of India
From Wiki
A national language is a language (or language variant, i.e. dialect) which has some connection—de facto or de jure—with a people and perhaps by extension the territory they occupy. The term is used variously. A national language may for instance represent the national identity of a nation or country. National language may alternatively be a designation given to one or more languages spoken as first languages in the territory of a country.

Even if the government declares it or not its already a National Language according to wiki's definition.

From Wiki

Even if the government declares it or not its already a National Language according to wiki's definition.

It may be true as far as wiki is considered but according to the high court verdict and according to our constitution we just have Official Languages .

I am a Tamil and I think this is ludicrous. Such a move will only fuel the ego of Tamil fanatics and increase the resentment among others. There are more Benglai and Telugu speakers than Tamil speakers in India. So there is no real logic behind this.

I am happy with the status of Tamil now.

I thought u were a malayalee,

Frankly the current crop of Dravidian ideology morons do not deserve this,they do no justice to the tamil which they never cared about.

It may be true as far as wiki is considered but according to the high court verdict and according to our constitution we just have Official Languages .
Ok! Is India a Hindu nation? According to the constitution its not.But India and Hindu are interchangeable.

I was talking about the perception side of things.

Back
Top Bottom