What's new

BJP MP from Uttarakhand seeks official status for Tamil

Why do Tamils have multiple issues with the present setup of India.Language is a settled matter now,trying to flog a dead horse.

Why do Tamils have multiple issues with the present setup of India.Language is a settled matter now,trying to flog a dead horse.

I disagree. Even I have a problem in imposing Hindi all over India.

Tamils and rest of India who oppose this forcible imposition of Hindi are right in fighting for remove this.

I would much rather have Sanskrit being forced on Indians. It is the mother of most Indian languages and knowing it will help us strengthen our religious, cultural and social roots.

Hindi servers no purpose other than make the life of natural Hindi speakers easier at the expense on Non Hindi speakers. This form of discrimination and double standard must go.

Tamils and rest of India who oppose this forcible imposition of Hindi are right in fighting for remove this.

I would much rather have Sanskrit being forced on Indians. It is the mother of most Indian languages and knowing it will help us strengthen our religious, cultural and social roots.

Hindi servers no purpose other than make the life of natural Hindi speakers easier at the expense on Non Hindi speakers. This form of discrimination and double standard must go.

nah Sanskrit is a communal language and would destroy the secular fabric of the country

what is the practical use of forcing sanskrit on indians... it was never used by more than handful of people in india...
just your mother tongue and English should do.. anything extra you need to learn on your own (or as elective along with french, japanese, spanish)

The idea is proposed by an MP from Uttrakhand. Being more Tamil than Tamils for votes I guess.

what is the practical use of forcing sanskrit on indians... it was never used by more than handful of people in india...
just your mother tongue and English should do.. anything extra you need to learn on your own (or as elective along with french, japanese, spanish)

Do you have reading comprehension issues ? ........ my answer is there in the very post you have chosen to question.

"It is the mother of most Indian languages and knowing it will help us strengthen our religious, cultural and social roots."

That sounds pretty practical to me.

What do you mean to say it was never used by more than a handful ? :cheesy: Almost ALL Indian languages are corrupted forms of Sanskrit. Half of the even use the same or similar script !

Its like saying only handful of people used English since only the grammatically correct and words in the oxford English dictionary is considered english.

An Irish speaking 'english' and a hispanic speaking 'english' saying the same thing will have NOTHING in common. Yet they both speak 'english'.

Sanskirt is the perfect Pure form of the language ...... rest of India used the common languages like Prakrit, Tadbhavas and Tatsama in other languages ranging from Sinhalese, bengali, Telegu, punjabi etc...

The perfect pure form of ANY language is used to write documents and records.....they are rarely used in speech, except by the very learned and very scholarly. How many of us use 'Perfect' english in real life ? That does not mean we stop learning or teaching perfect and pure english to our kids ?

The idea is proposed by an MP from Uttrakhand. Being more Tamil than Tamils for votes I guess.

Maybe .... but that does not take away the merit of the proposal.

No offence to tamilians, but frankly two are enough.

Multiple Official languages increases redundancy and inefficiency.We should have opted for English only in 1950.Since it is language of science and our domestic scientific output is close to zero, Indians have to anyway learn English.

Spain , Sweden,France, Japan, China and others not learning english and they having pride towards their language, but we Indians........

I am a Tamil and I think this is ludicrous. Such a move will only fuel the ego of Tamil fanatics and increase the resentment among others. There are more Benglai and Telugu speakers than Tamil speakers in India. So there is no real logic behind this.

I am happy with the status of Tamil now.

Its not about numbers dear , tamils only ancient language living in the world. Classical languages like Greek,latin, Chinese, Arabic ,Hebrew already ruled out those are equal to tamil language.So its needful to protect it.

Spain , Sweden,France, Japan, China and others not learning english and they having pride towards their language, but we Indians........

You are wrong on that count.Lot of Europeans are multilingual and German has significant scientific output on it's own.

And it has nothing to do with pride. If scientific output in your language is zero, it is pretty much useless in today's world as combined output in sciences, both pure and social far exceeds that of fruity novels. It is not 17th century when literary value mattered.

which is why first learn mother language ..and then English.. after that whatever you fancy.... why not santali or ho .. tribal language..

Its not about numbers dear , tamils only ancient language living in the world. Classical languages like Greek,latin, Chinese, Arabic ,Hebrew already ruled out those are equal to tamil language.So its needful to protect it.

If you want to protect a language, teach it in monasteries.

Why make it an official language and waste resources?

Tamil already got official status both in Singapore and Srilanka ,its nothing novel.

Back
Top Bottom