What's new

BJP MP from Uttarakhand seeks official status for Tamil

Like what? Not sure if the syllabus has changed now. I studied in the 90's and the history books start with IVC, then Maurya, Gupta, Rajputs , moguls , sultanates, tippy sultan and British. Rest of south India was barely mentioned.

I too studied in 90s, I still remember reading about Sangam writings, Satavahana, Pallava, Chalukya, Vijaynagara, roman trade, the temple architecture, Muslim sultanates, Carnatic. The first chapter of medieval history was the expansion of the Chola Empire.

If people did not forced Hindi up on South Indians, it would have been spread much easier with the help of Bollywood and other factors, I have seen Mallu people talking in Hindi just for a fashion statement.. Our strong resentment against Hindi was because, Government tried to force it on us :D

I too studied in 90s, I still remember reading about Sangam writings, Satavahana, Pallava, Chalukya, Vijaynagara, roman trade, the temple architecture, Muslim sultanates, Carnatic. The first chapter of medieval history was the expansion of the Chola Empire.

My memory doesn't serve me right then. I don't remember reading about cholas.

If people did not forced Hindi up on South Indians, it would have been spread much easier with the help of Bollywood and other factors, I have seen Mallu people talking in Hindi just for a fashion statement.. Our strong resentment against Hindi was because, Government tried to force it on us :D

dont worry hindi is spreading like a virus in south india :devil:
hehe,just kidding

Like what? Not sure if the syllabus has changed now. I studied in the 90's and the history books start with IVC, then Maurya, Gupta, Rajputs , moguls , sultanates, tippy sultan and British. Rest of south India was barely mentioned.

i think it has been changed.. coz i have studied about them.. though yes,not as detailed as IVC or maurya/mughal empire..

It was never forced.

That's all DMk time pass.

Wasn't there a cash for question scam in the Parliament few years back..? Guess cash is flowing again

I visited rameshwaram and dhanushkodi last week and was there for few days..... Happened to meet some guys ( i cannot tell you who) and during the discussion the info what they gave me was totally different from what we are made to believe.....

There are two different crowd among the TN fishermen - Men who are guilty as they deliberately fish in the SL waters and there are fishermen who accidentally tresspass into the territory around Katchatheevu. The first group needs to be punished but we need resolution for the second group.

It was never forced.

That's all DMk time pass.

It was never forced as the efforts were pre-empted. Else it would have started with all the exams for the govt. positions replaced with Hindi language instead of English language and many of the South Indians would have lost out.

It was never forced as the efforts were pre-empted. Else it would have started with all the exams for the govt. positions replaced with Hindi language instead of English language and many of the South Indians would have lost out.
I think the end result was good ... the hindi chauvinists backed off ...

I visited rameshwaram and dhanushkodi last week and was there for few days..... Happened to meet some guys ( i cannot tell you who) and during the discussion the info what they gave me was totally different from what we are made to believe.....

I am interested to know the reality .

Why Tamils on this forum talk against Hindi? You live in India so you have to respect your national language of your country, Hindi right?

Back
Top Bottom