What's new

BJP chief claims English bad for India, triggers outrage

Which Tamil or Andhra villager understands English??? The commoners in these states know neither English nor Hindi. So, please dont speak on their behalf.

from whatever i observed on tv and net,apart from kerala the remaining part of south india more or less understands basic telugu.i have noticed on tv and net tht many ppl from TN and karnataka know some simple telugu.then again i may be totally wrong as i am basing my assumption on the knowledge gathered from tv

I come from a big family, 12 are Hindu origin, 45+ are Muslim ,rest are Christians.
we have Bengalis,Assamese, Urdu,Nepali,khasi and manipuri speaking people.
"oh god one languages is taking over another,let's repel dem rite?"

AND BY GOD SAKE,NON ARE RETARD LIKE YOU.

religious tolerance and share rich linguistic culture.

now fcuk ur self. coz u never gonna digest it.
typical idiot .

.........why are you telling us about your family ? .........nobody here cares a fcuk. :lol:

What is your religion pappu......? :azn:

I agree with your surmise that due to non usage in real life the regional langues and the root language takes a hit.

One way around that problem is to raise awareness and incorporate natural pride for these languages. Revive cultural pride, religious pride etc. But that cannot and should not be done by bad mouthing other languages. That pride should be raised purely on its own merit. That is the right way to do things ...that is dharma.

Preserving the purity of any language is like preserving virginity. It is easier lost than preserved. Look at the new SMS language....look at the new lyrics of 'hindi' songs etc....

CHANGE is the natural order of things. Adaptability to change is the key to survival. Be it human or their languages.

India has a hard time providing technical education in any form. To put an additional burden of translating that technical knowledge into other languages is beyond our ability at present. Maybe in the future...but I doubt that.

There is an A**hole called Neeru Nanda who writes virulent Anti religion / Anti Hindu stuff. In one of her pieces, she describes her Childhood " Father, a civil servant in Punjab. Highly Anglicized environment. Speaking Hindi / Punjabi was considered very downmarket. She confesses that she feels like a child of the French Revolution. Dreams of the cafes and bistros of Paris and of being in the company of Paine, Voltaire and so on. And what is her view of Hinduism??........ Without knowing a single word of Sanskrit, she considers Hinduism deeply anti-scientific, barbaric and oppressive.

Granted that such Clowns are rare, but they make up a fair share of the so called high intelligentsia a la Karan Thapar et al and shape the public discourse substantially apart from influencing the unthinking minds of a vast horde of clone like young people.

Ya..speaking English is the most serious problem we Indians are facing.:omghaha:..Where the h***l our politics is heading:hitwall:

गते शोको न कर्तव्यो भविष्यं नैव
चिंतयेत्।
वर्तमानेन कालेन
वर्तयंति विचक्षणाः॥
@Shankranthi
you are free to ask meaning if you don't understand,which is very likely

Last edited by a moderator:
There is an A**hole called Neeru Nanda who writes virulent Anti religion / Anti Hindu stuff. In one of her pieces, she describes her Childhood " Father, a civil servant in Punjab. Highly Anglicized environment. Speaking Hindi / Punjabi was considered very downmarket. She confesses that she feels like a child of the French Revolution. Dreams of the cafes and bistros of Paris and of being in the company of Paine, Voltaire and so on. And what is her view of Hinduism??........ Without knowing a single word of Sanskrit, she considers Hinduism deeply anti-scientific, barbaric and oppressive.

Granted that such Clowns are rare, but they make up a fair share of the so called high intelligentsia a la Karan Thapar et al and shape the public discourse substantially apart from influencing the unthinking minds of a vast horde of clone like young people.

Then she is one of Many. You will find many 'neeru nanda' in pdf itself.

But I have observed this 'keeda' especially in North Indians. Sadly english media is mostly north Indian.

Cultural revival, Hindu revival is slow and steady. It will move at its own pace, best we can do is do our best to protect, preserver, enrich and propagate it the way we can.

That raises another interesting question. Is Salwar kameez foreign or is Jeans/trousers foreign in South India? Both would be a logical answer.

salwar kameez has become a part of south india especially in the last 20 yrs.even the married ladies are wearing them.many school going and college going girls would not evenbe aware of the fact tht it does not belong to south had it not been for the name given to that dress(here in andhra pradesh we call it punjabi dress).

गते शोको न कर्तव्यो भविष्यं नैव
चिंतयेत्।
वर्तमानेन कालेन
वर्तयंति विचक्षणाः॥
@Shankranthi
you are free to ask meaning if you don't understand,which is very likely

...........you are now copy pasting stuff ?

I do speak, read and write sanskrit......... unlike you I may add. :lol:

It translates as " Don't regret the past, dont worry about the future, wise live in the present"

Sadly it has nothing to do either with the discussion nor with your religion. ......... what an idiot.

:rofl:
nobody asked,u said.
nobody cares,u said.
:rofl:

What a MORON.........

No one cares about your family you fool.......I just asked about your religion. .....You don't even understand english :lol:

salwar kameez has become a part of south india especially in the last 20 yrs.even the married ladies are wearing them.many school going and college going girls would not evenbe aware of the fact tht it does not belong to south had it not been the name given to that dress(ere in andhra pradesh we call it punjabi dress).

That was my point. What exactly is "foreign". For example, jeans probably made an earlier entry into S.India than Salwar kameez whose popularity is far more recent though a lot more secular in its use. English has been around for 300 years, no point is still behaving like it is foreign anymore.

Then she is one of Many. You will find many 'neeru nanda' in pdf itself.

But I have observed this 'keeda' especially in North Indians. Sadly english media is mostly north Indian.

Cultural revival, Hindu revival is slow and steady. It will move at its own pace, best we can do is do our best to protect, preserver, enrich and propagate it the way we can.
people should learn their mother language first which they do always in India. English is an additional language that we learn. Most Indians remain desi even after living outside. There is no need to remove English which gives us so much benefit.

BTW, if Rajnath wants he can always enroll his children in hindi schools. There are plenty of options. Let us choose English.

@Shankranthi
Indian.that's my religion. I preach humanity.
listen brother,the only reason I got upset coz by "that particular comment ,u drew a line of differentiation amongst religion. m extremely anti of that thing n m fighting for the unity.
but one ugly fugly comment has also the potential to drift people's mentality apart.

hope u get it.
united we stand,
divided we fall.

That was my point. What exactly is "foreign". For example, jeans probably made an earlier entry into S.India than Salwar kameez whose popularity is far more recent though a lot more secular in its use. English has been around for 300 years, no point is still behaving like it is foreign anymore.

...its the difference between 'Westernization' and 'Modernization'

Modernization is adapting to convenience....which is what the example you gave demonstrate.

Westernization is blindly aping Europeans.........e.g. .... when Hari Purushotham become harry potter in facebook.

Back
Top Bottom