What's new

BJP chief claims English bad for India, triggers outrage

people should learn their mother language first which they do always in India. English is an additional language that we learn. Most Indians remain desi even after living outside. There is no need to remove English which gives us so much benefit.

BTW, if Rajnath wants he can always enroll his children in hindi schools. There are plenty of options. Let us choose English.

Rajnath never said don't learn english.............if you are claiming he did say that....please quote him verbatim for all of us.

from whatever i observed on tv and net,apart from kerala the remaining part of south india more or less understands basic telugu.i have noticed on tv and net tht many ppl from TN and karnataka know some simple telugu.then again i may be totally wrong as i am basing my assumption on the knowledge gathered from tv
Malayalam & Tamil Are almost Similar Language..............Just Like Hindi ,Punjabi or Marathi...............

@Shankranthi
Indian.that's my religion. I preach humanity.
listen brother,the only reason I got upset coz by "that particular comment ,u drew a line of differentiation amongst religion. m extremely anti of that thing n m fighting for the unity.
but one ugly fugly comment has also the potential to drift people's mentality apart.

hope u get it.
united we stand,
divided we fall.

AH........the famous 'Burqa of secularism' ...........I was just wondering when you will get onto that ........spare me your speech.

Last edited by a moderator:
...its the difference between 'Westernization' and 'Modernization'

Modernization is adapting to convenience....which is what the example you gave demonstrate.

Westernization is blindly aping Europeans.........e.g. .... when Hari Purushotham become harry potter in facebook.
whats wrong in westernization? or easternization? let ideas flow, let people choose what they like. The exchange is both way, they are adopting some of our cultural practices.

.........why are you telling us about your family ? .........nobody here cares a fcuk. :lol:

What is your religion pappu......? :azn:

he's trying to say that even in large populations it is difficule to find people as retarded as you

Nooooooooooo....................Malayalam..............Because I am a Malayali.............

I say Tamil and Mallu :angel:

Malayalam & Tamil Are almost Similar Language..............Just Like Hindi ,Punjabi or Marathi...............

Malayalam is Sanskrit + Tamil. ..................... knowing Malayalam makes it a LOT easier to learn sanskrit. You may want to try it someday :devil:

Bhojpuri should be the national language of India..period.

I was thinking that it should be maethli. We can all sound like Lalu then. :partay:

On topic. What does he mean by anglicization, my dress, my dietary preferences, social preferences etc.? Or is he referring to just plain old rampant consumerism which is mistakenly held to be the cornerstone of modernity by most people?

whats wrong in westernization? or easternization? let ideas flow, let people choose what they like. The exchange is both way, they are adopting some of our cultural practices.

The problem is they are the dominant culture and has a LONG history of destroying other cultures.

European culture (westernization) has already eaten an Digested more cultures all over the world than you can even imagine. Entire cultures of North America, South America, Africa and Australia was eaten up and digested by European culture. That is 4 CONTINENTS, if you still do not understand then god help you.

I was thinking that it should be maethli. We can all sound like Lalu then. :partay:

On topic. What does he mean by anglicization , my dress, my dietary preferences, social preferences etc.? Or is he referring to just plain old rampant consumerism which is mistakenly held to be the cornerstone of modernity by most people?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglicisation

Back
Top Bottom