What's new

Biman Bangladesh receives new aircraft from Boeing

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Biman Bangladesh receives new aircraft from Boeing

Reported on: October 22, 2011 11:51 AM

UNBconnect... - Biman Bangladesh receives new aircraft from Boeing

Dhaka, Oct 22 (UNB) - Biman Bangladesh Airlines on Friday received the first of the ten aircrafts procured from Boeing at a ceremony in Seattle, USA.

Bangladesh Ambassador to USA Akramul Qader boarded the newly purchased 777-300 ER aircraft by cutting ribbons.

Earlier, Air Marshal (retd) Jamal Uddin Ahmed, Chairman of Biman, and Air Commodore Mohammad Zakiul Islam, Managing Director & CEO of Biman, signed the handing over document for the Bangladesh side while the Boeing officials signed on behalf of their company.

The second aircraft of the first installment will be handed over to Bangladesh on November 21.

This is the first new aircraft bought by Bangladesh in the last 40- year history of Biman and is seen as the beginning of a new era, said a release of the Bangladesh Embassy in Washington.

The aircraft left Seattle for Dhaka on Friday night.

Thirty Bangladesh origin engineers working at Boeing were present at the handing over ceremony.

read somewhere, perhaps in DS or Prothom Alo, that Biman sent 40 or so delegations to USA to receive a single aircraft. Shows how business oriented Biman is.

Whats the point of taking 40 people to USA when it does not require 4 to fly the damn thing!!! Hope they learn to do better in future or else Gov will have to intervene to save Biman from getting bankrupt every now and then

No they sent 13 people to usa to receive the aircraft . the reason for Biman failure is corruption in all level . unless we get it freed from corruption from head to toe we would not see our flag carrier profitable

No they sent 13 people to usa to receive the aircraft . the reason for Biman failure is corruption in all level . unless we get it freed from corruption from head to toe we would not see our flag carrier profitable

I personally won't fly with Biman. The reason being, i hate the bloody attitude of Biman's air hostess. They act like princess. This corrupted mindset must change.

I prefer flying with Emirate.

I personally won't fly with Biman. The reason being, i hate the bloody attitude of Biman's air hostage. They act like princess. This corrupted mindset must change.

I think you mean Air Hostess....not Hostage...:P....let's hope not :P

Everybody prefers to fly Emirates!

308751_10150348325577698_105501412697_7990237_1752576277_n.jpg

313043_10150348325537698_105501412697_7990236_1772565159_n.jpg

300451_10150348325592698_105501412697_7990238_2139930395_n.jpg

Idune Bhai
Please be careful. Awami will put you in jail if you still call it Zia international Airport. :angel:

I personally won't fly with Biman. The reason being, i hate the bloody attitude of Biman's air hostess. They act like princess. This corrupted mindset must change.

The first requirement of a traveller is that the airline gets him there on time.

Biman invariably fails on this score. Hope infusion of more aircraft helps.

It seems one of the few few things that Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis agree on is the hatred for their national carriers which are Air India, PIA and Biman respectively and all of us love Emirates.

It seems one of the few few things that Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis agree on is the hatred for their national carriers which are Air India, PIA and Biman respectively and all of us love Emirates.

Qatar airways provide much cheap fare then emirates.... Etihad provides cheap fare too then Emirates but i do not like etihad for not comfortable seats and providing of less food. But the boaring music of Etihad is superb... not comparable with Emirates and Qatar airways.

Etihad Boarding Music by Etihad Airways on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Back
Top Bottom