What's new

Biman Bangladesh receives new aircraft from Boeing

Sri Lankan Airlines, the National Airline of Sri Lanka, is an award winning carrier with a firm reputation as a global leader in service, comfort, safety, reliability, and punctuality.

Sri Lankan is currently expanding and further diversifying its wide range of products and services in order to drive the country's ongoing boom in tourism and economic development.

The airline's hub is located at Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo, providing convenient connections to its global route network of 52 destinations in 33 countries in Europe, the Middle East, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Far East, North America and Australia.

SriLankan Airlines - SriLankan Today - About SriLankan - SriLankan Airlines

Sri Lankan Airlines operates Airbus aircrafts

26892.jpg

Sri_lankan_airline_UL.jpg

Sri Lankan Airlines Air Hostess

2674461.jpg

srilnaka_saree.jpg

Sri Lankan Airlines company slogan - You're Our World

sri-lankan-airlines-logo.jpg

The air hostess are really hot... :smitten:

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

But I also like the blonds air hostess of emirates, etihad or qatar airways...

whey did they chang Livery of Biman Last year?? And Again went back to the old livery!!
OLD
Aircraft.dc-10.750pix.jpg

Previous one in 2010
800px-Biman_738-DAC-1.jpg

New

308751_10150348325577698_105501412697_7990237_1752576277_n.jpg

whey did they chang Livery of Biman Last year?? And Again went back to the old livery!!
[
308751_10150348325577698_105501412697_7990237_1752576277_n.jpg

Now that's more I like it. It looks really good. About time they replaced those aging DC-10s.

As far a livery is concerned, many people opposed the green livery (yes it was ugly). The new livery was meaningless.

S2-AFO (The Palki) is in Zia Int'l Airport

Inside view of S2-AFO (The Palki)

The seats are with their own tv :eek: ??? Thats a first for Biman. Anyway the new livery is more nicer than the previous ones

Why does it seems the airlines of smaller countries like Cathay Pacific, Srilankan, Singapore Airines, Emirates etc tend to do better than airlines of larger countries?

Cos smaller countries have smaller market for the airline services. Thus they must be good in order to draw in customers and earn a profit. Big countries usually have larger markets and they do need to be as efficient to earn profit

Why does it seems the airlines of smaller countries like Cathay Pacific, Srilankan, Singapore Airines, Emirates etc tend to do better than airlines of larger countries?

May be because of pressure from their citizen to keep on operating in routes which are not profitable. Its the case in BD, despite being loosing routes other than Chittagong and Sylhet, Biman keep on flying other domestic routes without passenger only because of pressure from those region. Same goes for New York flight which was never profitable but had to keep on flying for expat living there. Smaller countries has no compulsion like that.

Cos smaller countries have smaller market for the airline services. Thus they must be good in order to draw in customers and earn a profit. Big countries usually have larger markets and they do need to be as efficient to earn profit

Yeah I remember Lee Kan Kew (former Singapore PM) saying that he started Singapore Airlines to make profit and he told his subordinates in SA that if the airlines didn't make profit with in a specified time after starting operation, he would shutdowm SA evenif that meant Singapore loosing its national carrier.

Hope some one like him lead Air India. I don't remember the last time AI made a profit. Every year GoI is spending millions to keep this white elephant afloat.

May be because of pressure from their citizen to keep on operating in routes which are not profitable. Its the case in BD, despite being loosing routes other than Chittagong and Sylhet, Biman keep on flying other domestic routes without passenger only because of pressure from those region. Same goes for New York flight which was never profitable but had to keep on flying for expat living there. Smaller countries has no compulsion like that.

Flying without passenger....I don't see the point.

Nice but has there been a consideration among smaller airlines in Bangaldesh to consider the latest MS-21 by Irkut or COMAC's C919 by China?

Yeah I remember Lee Kan Kew (former Singapore PM) saying that he started Singapore Airlines to make profit and he told his subordinates in SA that if the airlines didn't make profit with in a specified time after starting operation, he would shutdowm SA evenif that meant Singapore loosing its national carrier.

Hope some one like him lead Air India. I don't remember the last time AI made a profit. Every year GoI is spending millions to keep this white elephant afloat.

He is a man of his words. He would have carried out that threat. Leaders of countries like bd, india, pakistan usually do not carry out treat on national organisations

Nice but has there been a consideration among smaller airlines in Bangaldesh to consider the latest MS-21 by Irkut or COMAC's C919 by China?

They arent in the market yet. Anyway the problem lies with corruption and mis management, buying new aircrafts wont solve the problem

Back
Top Bottom