What's new

Biker's Lounge

The old small displacement fours have a charm all their own, no doubt, but why not just get a new Scrambler or XS900? The Bonnies are okay as long as you do not have fillings to be shaken loose. :D
nostalgia, my dad has a 62 Bonneville, We literally bought that from scrap and resurrected it over two and half years.

Wrenching day for bikes for routine work:

WrenchingDay.jpg

Wrenching day for bikes for routine work:

View attachment 321076

I really appreciate the garages of firangs, especially desi firangs. And how quickly they learn to work with their hands. Not just regular DIY stuff, but pretty complex machining and assembly and rehauling work too. And the sort of equipment they buy and learn to use over time would put many small specialized workshops here to shame. I know it helps that labor is shit expensive and majboori ka naam Mahatma Gandhi, but still I am impressed and would like to say it. Me? I just ride. And I guess 99 out of 100 desi bikers do the same. In des.

I really appreciate the garages of firangs, especially desi firangs. And how quickly they learn to work with their hands. Not just regular DIY stuff, but pretty complex machining and assembly and rehauling work too. And the sort of equipment they buy and learn to use over time would put many small specialized workshops here to shame. I know it helps that labor is shit expensive and majboori ka naam Mahatma Gandhi, but still I am impressed and would like to say it. Me? I just ride. And I guess 99 out of 100 desi bikers do the same. In des.

I like working on my own cars and bikes, but only if I have time. I will drop off work for a shop to complete if I do not have the time to do it myself:

Invoice.jpg

Was this a multi day ride? I ask because you chose to keep on your hard boxes. A road like that, I would have no knee pucks left by the end. :smitten:

This was a multi-day ride with friends down south to the Tail of the Dragon, covering several states and nearly 2,200 miles, and covering many famous riding roads:

RoadsCovered.jpg

I like working on my own cars and bikes, but only if I have time. I will drop off work for a shop to complete if I do not have the time to do it myself:

View attachment 321094

This was a multi-day ride with friends down south to the Tail of the Dragon, covering several states and nearly 2,200 miles, and covering many famous riding roads:

View attachment 321097

I wish I could have replaced the indicator for you man. You are welcome to pay me half for that. :partay:

I wish I could have replaced the indicator for you man. You are welcome to pay me half for that. :partay:

The real job was the DynoTune for the bike, the rest for all minor stuff including the battery.

You don't change the entire chain sprocket set together? I assume you might be going 2 rears to one front, or 3?

This bike previously had a Power Commander installed with a custom fuel map, and had a new sprocket on the front as a trial, but it was too much power to put down in the lower gears. The stock front sprocket was put back on and the fuel map retuned for the taller gearing to make the bike more usable.

This bike previously had a Power Commander installed with a custom fuel map, and had a new sprocket on the front as a trial, but it was too much power to put down in the lower gears. The stock front sprocket was put back on and the fuel map retuned for the taller gearing to make the bike more usable.

What is the other bike in your garage next to the VFR?

After a run around a particularly sinuous stretch of road around Wolf Creek Dam:

WolfCreekDam.jpg

(The front rotors show how hard the run was. :D )

Back
Top Bottom