What's new

Biggest Commonwealth Games kicks off in Delhi

The opening ceremony was truly outstanding.We as Indians are familiar with all that was on display,but for those whom it was meant to dazzle,and bowl over it must have been an experience in itself.It amazes me to see that we are still going so strong with our unique culture,and it was fantastic soaking in the flavours and colours of all that makes up INCREDIBLE INDIA! JAI HIND!

Maybe yes ...If we did not know that he's renting treadmills for a month for Rs 10,00,000 each, and they are not even gold plated !

You know the ppl and the media of India, right?

Everything will be forgotten (corruption included), if the games succeed and with the icing on the cake being that India wins lot of gold medals.

The same media who showed Kalmadi down will then make him the HERO.

THOSE WHO WANTED YOGA VIDEO ..here you go...

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything will be forgotten (corruption included), if the games succeed and with the icing on the cake being that India wins lot of gold medals.
The same media who showed Kalmadi down will then make him the HERO.

If it is indeed forgotten, it will be an ever bigger failure for India... Let the games finish and let a full investigation be done to make sure something like this does not happen in future. Take this as an example of cleaning up the acts and get more transparency and monitoring for projects which involve such large amount of public money.

LAST PART..

Through out the ceremony there were no 'precision displays' that made you hold your breath and the special affects were rather ordinary.

Let's not nitpick...

The ceremony was beautiful and India did a splendid job.

Let me put it this way: if this had been the Pakistan CWG and we did a similar show, we would all be proud of Pakistan.

So, let's give the Indians credit for a job very well done.

Good work, the opening was amazing. Thank god nothing went wrong. It was true presentation of indian culture. Astounding applause for pakistani contingent. Also loudest cheers where there for our other neighbours, bangladesh and srilanka. Shows how much love people have for each other... only if politics too was akin to the aspirations of the people.

However i saw some spat between the weightlifter from pakistan and the flag bearer. An oldie was leading the flag, and the announcer was explaining the flag bearer is a weightlifter surprised to see the old man, however it seems the oldie took away the opportunity from the weightlifter..!!!

All performers had a genuine welcome smile on their face and did not look like they are under any kind of pressure. It was raw welcoming emotion coupled with pride. They displayed freedom, happiness and love. No amount of money can buy that.

The main stay of this ceremony was the 'aerostat' or as the door-darshan guy put it 'dunya ka sub say bara gubara'

The fact that the cost of this blimp is 1/3 of the entire cost of the ceremony does reflect rather poorly on the opening ceremonies.

This blimp or 'aerostat' has actually been brought on lease from an Italian company K-Event and reportedly the He gas came from Russia

Source : Now, Rs 40 crore balloon for Commonwealth Games

Through out the ceremony there were no 'precision displays' that made you hold your breath and the special affects were rather ordinary.

Rest of it was a bit too Bollywoodish with songs and extras with belly-exposed women.

The opening ceremonies are actually very good reflection on what is india today that on the outside great attempts are made to make is aprear shining but a deep look will reveal that the hype is lot more than reality.

the entire attempt was to show the cultural power of india not motorcycles stunts which makes u warm.it is hard to show the cultural power with in 3 hrs.but they they did in possible manner .

regarding to balloon,everything has a cost.it was the key feature in the event and i have no regrets that we spent too much on this balloon.

Guys, it was the best Sunday of my life as i have watched it live in JLN Stadium with my family and friends.

I will never forget these moments ever, My heart beat was beating like drum with excitement as we dance with them.

I cried first time in my life and i was speechless.

India have shown its true spirit, well done India.

Jai Hind
indiaC.gif

Good work, the opening was amazing. Thank god nothing went wrong. It was true presentation of indian culture. Astounding applause for pakistani contingent. Also loudest cheers where there for our other neighbours, bangladesh and srilanka. Shows how much love people have for each other... only if politics too was akin to the aspirations of the people.

However i saw some spat between the weightlifter from pakistan and the flag bearer. An oldie was leading the flag, and the announcer was explaining the flag bearer is a weightlifter surprised to see the old man, however it seems the oldie took away the opportunity from the weightlifter..!!!

I think this what u are talking about but lets not spoil this wonderful thread with this discussion...:cheers:

Chief de Mission falls in RAW trap

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom