What's new

Biggest Commonwealth Games kicks off in Delhi

hey guys wats the story behind the watermelon on cycle... is this the biggest melon in world or jus in India :)

It is a tribute to the common men in this segment of Journey of India they have shown even smallest of the jobs in every corner of India like fruit seller, cycle repair shop, sweet shop, bengal shop, bandwala, dibbawala, street vendors.

Because each and every Indian no matter rich or poor, no matter what's its occupation we all unitedly form India.

Honestly speaking,,, Doordarshan didnt cover the event properly....
Lots of advetisements.
Commentry team was countinously talking when they should have stayed silent and allowed us to hear beautiful sounds and chants..

Absolutely beautiful. Well done to India. :cheers:

Might I add, that I predicted over a week ago that the CWGs would be a success. Looks like it was a good prediction. :azn:

SOME DRAGON YOU ARE!
You hardly spew fire and smoke.
But the world needs more of your kind.
Even your criticism will not hurt, so keep on predicting (good or bad).
But THANK YOU FOR THIS PREDICTION!:tup:

:cheers::toast_sign::yahoo::victory::wave:

Lets Bid for the 2020 Olympics Now......... More actions waiting ahead, I as a Tax Payer Am Completely satisfied with Yesterdays Grand Opening

the entire attempt was to show the cultural power of india not motorcycles stunts which makes u warm.it is hard to show the cultural power with in 3 hrs.but they they did in possible manner .

regarding to balloon,everything has a cost.it was the key feature in the event and i have no regrets that we spent too much on this balloon.

lol .. showing cultural power with rented baloon :D nice work keep it up

Last edited:
are u jealous that we Pulled Off the best opening ceremony

No, we aren't. On the contrary;

KARACHI, Oct 4, 2010 (AFP) - Pakistan heaped praise on New Delhi's organisation of the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony on Monday despite a television blackout of the spectacular event.

The 2010 Games, which had been plagued by allegations of corruption, shoddy construction and poor health standards, enjoyed a breathtaking showpiece start, but the Pakistan government's ban on Indian television channels deprived fans of watching the ceremony live.

Despite the lack of coverage, Aqil Shah, vice-president of the Pakistan Olympic Association, said India had managed to overcome its pre-Games blues.

"It was an impressive ceremony and will help India build up the Games after so many problems marred the lead-up," Shah, also president of the Pakistan Wrestling Federation, told AFP.

"When IOC (International Olympic Committee) president Jacques Rogge is saying that India has emerged as a contender to host the Olympics then it's a big thing for the sub-continent and this ceremony will go a long way to achieving that.

"When you host Games like these, problems do come, but the opening was good and must be appreciated."

Former Pakistan hockey star Shahnaz Shaikh said India impressed the world with a grand ceremony.

"It's sad that the build-up to the Games was full of problems, but I hope that India will overcome all such problems and the opening ceremony was one big hint that the Games will be good and successful," said Shaikh.

No, we aren't. On the contrary;

KARACHI, Oct 4, 2010 (AFP) - Pakistan heaped praise on New Delhi's organisation of the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony on Monday despite a television blackout of the spectacular event.

The 2010 Games, which had been plagued by allegations of corruption, shoddy construction and poor health standards, enjoyed a breathtaking showpiece start, but the Pakistan government's ban on Indian television channels deprived fans of watching the ceremony live.

Despite the lack of coverage, Aqil Shah, vice-president of the Pakistan Olympic Association, said India had managed to overcome its pre-Games blues.

"It was an impressive ceremony and will help India build up the Games after so many problems marred the lead-up," Shah, also president of the Pakistan Wrestling Federation, told AFP.

"When IOC (International Olympic Committee) president Jacques Rogge is saying that India has emerged as a contender to host the Olympics then it's a big thing for the sub-continent and this ceremony will go a long way to achieving that.

"When you host Games like these, problems do come, but the opening was good and must be appreciated."

Former Pakistan hockey star Shahnaz Shaikh said India impressed the world with a grand ceremony.

"It's sad that the build-up to the Games was full of problems, but I hope that India will overcome all such problems and the opening ceremony was one big hint that the Games will be good and successful," said Shaikh.

The applause that the Pakistan Contingent received was well-deserved. Personally, i hope the Pakistani athletes and sportsmen do well. The clouds of despondency brought by the "fixing" episode must be dispelled.
Let there be more Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi(s).
:cheers:

All the best to the teams. And thanks to the OC for this wonderful opening ceremony, everyone praising it. BTW two points.....

1) Don't expect it will be glitches free through out the game. But we will do much better next time.

2) Though the ceremony bring much spot lights, such games are still not popular in India. Indians always favored Cricket and Football. Lets see if the game brings more Indians to such sporting events and increases the awareness of sports among them.

:tup:

Back
Top Bottom