What's new

Biggest Commonwealth Games kicks off in Delhi

BETTER THAN BIEJING........?;)

After storming to a record two gold medals at the Beijing Olympics , England's ace swimmer Rebecca Adlington is hoping to continue her golden run at the Delhi Commonwealth Games .

The 21-year-old won the 400 and 800 metres in the 2008 Olympics, and became Britain's first Olympic swimming champion since 1988 and the first British swimmer to win two Olympic gold medals since 1908.

Adlington also holds the 800 metres freestyle world record, which she grabbed at the Beijing Games, breaking the mark which stood in the name of American Janet Evans for 19 years with a time of 8:14.10.

"I would like to win a medal at the Commonwealth Games. It will be my first time I have competed in one. After that my next goal will be the London [ Images ] Olympics in 2012.

"My best performance was at Beijing where I broke the world record for 800m freestyle. Breaking the world record for my event means a lot to me," Adlington added.

The ace swimmer created quite a splash when she won a silver medal on her international debut, at the European Championships in Budapest in 2006.

At the Delhi Games, Adlington is slated to participate in three events -- 200m freestyle, 400m freestyle and 800m freestyle.

"My favourite event has always been the 800m freestyle, as I am more comfortable and confident in that and I know what I am doing. I don't have the natural speed for 200m."

Praising the facilities at the Games Village, Adlington said she never had any doubts about travelling to India [ Images ] for the Games.

"I was not worried about security before coming here. The entire team is very happy with the facilities at the Games Village and specially the food. The Village and its facilities are much bigger and better than those in Beijing."
'Delhi Games Village better than Beijing': Rediff Sports

BETTER THAN BIEJING........?
...ermm not even comparable , organizing the Olympics is much bigger task and I believe China did it all on its own and they did it better than anyone has done till now.

india's attempt at hosting the CWG can in no way be compared with China's hosting of the Olympics.

The Delhi 2010 CWG have been plagued with way too many problems , the latest being the official falling ill due to denge fever in the athlete's village.

...ermm not even comparable , organizing the Olympics is much bigger task and I believe China did it all on its own and they did it better than anyone has done till now.

india's attempt at hosting the CWG can in no way be compared with China's hosting of the Olympics.

The Delhi 2010 CWG have been plagued with way too many problems , the latest being the official falling ill due to denge fever in the athlete's village.

I do not think u r an athlete sitting in Delhi right now but what i posted is from a Non Indian Athlete getting first hand experience.

That was the Most Spectacular and Colorful Opening Ceremony I have ever seen, It was rich with Music and Oozing with Culture and tradition..... Thats How its to be done and thats Exactly how its Been done.... I am Really Proud

The main stay of this ceremony was the 'aerostat' or as the door-darshan guy put it 'dunya ka sub say bara gubara'

The fact that the cost of this blimp is 1/3 of the entire cost of the ceremony does reflect rather poorly on the opening ceremonies.

This blimp or 'aerostat' has actually been brought on lease from an Italian company K-Event and reportedly the He gas came from Russia

Source : Now, Rs 40 crore balloon for Commonwealth Games

Through out the ceremony there were no 'precision displays' that made you hold your breath and the special affects were rather ordinary.

Rest of it was a bit too Bollywoodish with songs and extras with belly-exposed women.

The opening ceremonies are actually very good reflection on what is india today that on the outside great attempts are made to make is aprear shining but a deep look will reveal that the hype is lot more than reality.

Please Instead of Advising, Try to set an Example of How its to be done, Giving Advises and Criticizing sitting at home is easy, And The belly exposing women??? Come on, Every Country has its Traditional wear, saree is an Elegant wear Found in the sub continent.... Next time If Pakistan thinks this is not the best unlike the rest of the commonwealth Then Please Set an Example of How its to be done...

Some one plz post the video of abdul kalam sir event in cwg ceremony

Sweet... saw the video of the Pakistani athletes getting a round of applause and cheers.. felt great.. hope the games go well as well...

Well why shouldnt it, After all Pakistan was the Only Country Which stood shoulder to shoulder to India when the rest of the commonwealth Showed Dis Interest In Coming here..... Well Each and Every one in the 60,000 Strong crowd Clapped Only For Pakistan and India.....

Some one plz post the video of abdul kalam sir event in cwg ceremony

It was funny when APJ Abdul Kalam got the loudest applause during the speech given by Prathiba Patil. It was so loud that she had to pause before they stopped. She was clearly humiliated and the politicians realized Indians are awake. Now I doubt she will ever include APJ Abdul Kalam again in her speech. :D

The main stay of this ceremony was the 'aerostat' or as the door-darshan guy put it 'dunya ka sub say bara gubara'

The fact that the cost of this blimp is 1/3 of the entire cost of the ceremony does reflect rather poorly on the opening ceremonies.

This blimp or 'aerostat' has actually been brought on lease from an Italian company K-Event and reportedly the He gas came from Russia

Source : Now, Rs 40 crore balloon for Commonwealth Games

Through out the ceremony there were no 'precision displays' that made you hold your breath and the special affects were rather ordinary.

Rest of it was a bit too Bollywoodish with songs and extras with belly-exposed women.

The opening ceremonies are actually very good reflection on what is india today that on the outside great attempts are made to make is aprear shining but a deep look will reveal that the hype is lot more than reality.

And who cares about what you have to say ?

Even for the harshest critic, you're just lying to yourself and you know that. You know that last night was an accomplishment for India. You know the show was spectacular. Living in a closed society has made you so sick that you scan women's attire for "gaps"...I bet 99% of the viewers didn't even notice that and that wasn't obscene by any Indian standards.

Besides, I doubt you would have anything better to say even if we had covered all women in burqa's.

You just rant to ease your frustration, so easy tiger.

AAKHIR HUMNE KAR DIKHAYA...WE DID IT..

in a typical indian fashion. Preparations start at 11th hour and when the clock strikes 12 you have the great result...

After a long time i actually cried..Was dancing hysterically with few other unlucky colleagues who were stuck in office with me...

JAI HO..VANDE MATARAM...

Oh Boy!

If these games take place without a glitch then Kalmadi will become a national HERO.

Oh Boy!

If these games take place without a glitch then Kalmadi will become a national HERO.

Maybe yes ...If we did not know that he's renting treadmills for a month for Rs 10,00,000 each, and they are not even gold plated !

Back
Top Bottom