What's new

Biggest Brain Drains: India Gets Nearly Two-Thirds of U.S. H-1Bs

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you jump to such conclusion if you don't have the data on the number of chinese who applied for H1B versus the number issued to them?

You think a country of 1.5 billion people would not have applied to more than 19,850 US visa ? :disagree:

Its just basic common sense.

There is also another side to it.....

India is losing so much talent......:hitwall:

I dont see it that way. If those talents remain in India, they wont achieve anything. Let them find opportunities elsewhere. Moreover billions of dollars they remit back home is good for our economy.

When the western "explorers" "discovered" Americas, they thought they are arrived to India. They called the Native Americans Indians. Now they got their wishes - the real Indians are coming.

I'd say go and populate North America (excluding Mexico). US first, then Canada. Such a large continent should be big enough for say 2 billions Indians. By then Northern Canada should be warm enough, because of climate change) for more. Then to Russia and beyond.

When the western "explorers" "discovered" Americas, they thought they are arrived to India. They called the Native Americans Indians. Now they got their wishes - the real Indians are coming.

I'd say go and populate North America (excluding Mexico). US first, then Canada. Such a large continent should be big enough for say 2 billions Indians. By then Northern Canada should be warm enough, because of climate change) for more. Then to Russia and beyond.

But Canada is so hugeeeeeeeeeeeeee. It can absorsb all of Indians and we wont have other places to populate :P

In case you don't realize, It has been done before.

Migraciones_humanas_en_haplogrupos_mitocondriales.PNG

and mars and the next galaxies .. colonise everything...

soft spot for mexico?

Obvious conclusion to be drawn is the Americans don't like the chinese and do not trust them. Now that you know the answer you should be able to sleep better. Or will you stay awake worrying about all those money you have invested in American bonds ?

Unwanted comments and i have no idea how u arrived at such a conclusion?

Unwanted comments and i have no idea how u arrived at such a conclusion?

Nothing unwanted about it, just factual. ....... the process of arriving at this conclusion based on available data and logical reasoning is called inference. ..... anything else ? :coffee:

....Moreover billions of dollars they remit back home is good for our economy.

Buddy, those Billions of Dollars are only useful for buying technologically advanced instruments from those same foreign countries where these talent pool is migrating....
Its like a vicious cycle.....talent migrating from India, aiding in technological advancement in some foreign countries...those countries are developing and India is buying technologically advanced products from those countries.......so, who is the ultimate gainer here??

IMHO, only money can't help an economy grow....if it were the case, then printing money would have been the solution to all economic woes.....
It is Technological Advancement which is the key.....and such advancements can only be achieved through talented brains.....which are nurtured in India but gives result abroad.....

Countries like U.S.A, U.K. etc are making huge strides in technological advancement which is helping them keep their 'super-power' status only due to such 'BRAIN GAIN'.

This is huge loss for India's own technological advancement.....

I dont see it that way. If those talents remain in India, they wont achieve anything. Let them find opportunities elsewhere.....

That is the saddest part....India is such an unfortunate country that it cannot create enough opportunities for its talented masses.....they're forced to leave their country in search of better opportunities and thereby contributing in the development of an other country....

Buddy, those Billions of Dollars are only useful for buying technologically advanced instruments from those same foreign countries where these talent pool is migrating....
Its like a vicious cycle.....talent migrating from India, aiding in technological advancement in some foreign countries...those countries are developing and India is buying technologically advanced products from those countries.......so, who is the ultimate gainer here??

IMHO, only money can't help an economy grow....if it were the case, then printing money would have been the solution to all economic woes.....
It is Technological Advancement which is the key.....and such advancements can only be achieved through talented brains which are nurtured in India but gives result abroad.....

Countries like U.S.A, U.K. etc are making huge strides in technological advancement which is helping them keep their 'super-power' status only due to such 'BRAIN GAIN'.

This is huge loss for India's own technological advancement.....

That is the saddest part....India is such an unfortunate country that it cannot create enough opportunities for its talented masses.....they're forced to leave their country in search of better opportunities and thereby contributing in the development of an other country....

India does not have any good universities nor funds to help students further their technological know how. The only practical option is to travel to foreign universities for post graduate degrees and update their skills. Even work in foreign companies in cutting edge research.

India needs to ready a mindset that will welcome and play host to such talent and make sure they then stay back in India by providing adequate living standards and addressing their other needs.

There is no point in retaining the "brains" if you do not have the means to educate them further or fund research activities.

Reverse Brain drain is what we should be focused at ....rather than worrying about how to stop the initial brain drain.

You have amnesia? I was the one asking for the data which you failed to produce. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Whatever makes you sleep better :rofl:

:lol: .....why the fcuk should I provide any data to help you sleep better ? :cuckoo: ......its a chinese problem ....you go figure it out :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom