What's new

BIG News: UAE is now giving Citizenship to Foreigners

I can't think of many Americans who would prefer UAE citizenship. UAE is still considered a backwards 'stoning women' type country, same as most of ME. Their PR in US is horrible especially after bonesaw man incident.
With relations improving with Israel things might change but definitely not overnight. Their big accomplishment (in recent history) is considered to be - "Women getting the right to drive"... I wonder if it's the same story in most of Europe.
I don't know where you are from but people view UAE in Europe very positively from my experience . In fact all my colleagues/friends/family I know who have been to the UAE/Dubai have only had very positive things to say about the Country/their experiences there and how they can't wait to go back there again. In fact I know so many people here who always talk about their experiences in UAE and others who always have plans to travel to Dubai for holidays both at my work place and in life in general, its so common that it's one of the main tourists destination for Brits outside Europe. I myself have been to UAE twice( I was surprised to see how diverse the Courtney was , with tourists from all over the world and business people/investors from various countries pouring in there for business opportunities). Maybe some of you guys in the region don't realise how far behind the UAE has left some countries behind, and that's even more impressive giving that they are small country. The leaders of that country have a very long term vision/goals they want for their Country and they are working diligently and tirelessly to achieve that . Leaders in the region should learn from them instead of always focusing on silly things like using religion to pamper to theeir naive populace/stupid political infightings/nepotism etc things which adds no real value to the country nor does it improves the livelihood of the people.

So yes there will be quote a few people even British who will be very willing to get UAE citizenship believe me. I already know people who moved there for work and don't want to come back to Britain permanently, they merely come here for visits/short stays . So they like their life there as well. The UAE opening up even more will only attract even more such people.
However, I agree that UAE leaders have to be very very very careful with whom they consider for citizenship. They shouldn't give it to those who will bring their backward mentality( from their home country ) to the UAE, especially if they become majority and lead policies in the country. It will take the country backwards instead.

Last edited:
I am a proud Jew and a Israeli who stands by our ally UAE.

Thanks, I think this is good proof.

1608860767271.png

:devil:

Dubai is seen as a vacation spot in America, people dont see dubai and saudi arabia as the same thing.

Mbs is saudi,most people considering moving to the uae would know this very well.

Maybe to you because you've looked into it in more detail. To the average American they think of UAE they think of a backwards Arab country. Think of women's rights in UAE that effectively eliminates 50% of US from even considering UAE and a significant portion of the remaining 50% looks down on that kind of society.

I don't know where you are from but people view UAE in Europe very positively from my experience . In fact all my colleagues/friends/family I know who have been to the UAE/Dubai have only had very positive things to say about the Country/their experiences there and how they can't wait to go back there again. In fact I know so many people here who always talk about their experiences in UAE and others who always have plans to travel to Dubai for holidays both at my work place and in life in general, its so common that it's one of the main tourists destination for Brits outside Europe. I myself have been to UAE twice( I was surprised to see how diverse the Courtney was , with tourists from all over the world and business people/investors from various countries pouring in there for business opportunities). Maybe some of you guys in the region don't realise how far behind the UAE has left some countries behind, and that's even more impressive giving that they are small country. The leaders of that country have a very long term vision/goals they want for their Country and they are working diligently and tirelessly to achieve that . Leaders in the region should learn from them instead of always focusing on silly things like using religion to pamper to theeir naive populace/stupid political infightings/nepotism etc things which adds no real value to the country nor does it improves the livelihood of the people.

So yes there will be quote a few people even British who will be very willing to get UAE citizenship believe me. I already know people who moved there for work and don't want to come back to Britain permanently, they merely come here for visits/short stays . So they like their life there as well. The UAE opening up even more will only attract even more such people.

Well that's why I said 'I wonder' because I'm not familiar with Europe. Rest assured there are plenty of European countries who hate UAE for being majority Muslim too.

Last edited:
israel and india will work for benefit of arab countries.

Hindus working for the benefit of Muslims????... I think not

. Jews... I can understand ... We follow the same religion and prophets.... But Hindutvaism = Nazism

Bro have you taken into consideration the bulk of these people will be Indian migrants. There's nothing wrong with that as they work hard and contribute, but it can change the face of your nations quickly with the demographic upheaval.

I have and i am sure the government has as well. I am vey happy having people from all corners of the world calling the UAE their home , really their home. However, more importantly for me is stability and peace. Something we enjoy Al hamdulelah in the UAE. So lets see how this pans out.
So Arabs are not failed and everyone other than Arabs are failed. Wow...no limits to racism hey habibi

I Agree, it is uncalled for. However, have you seen what your Pakistani brethren say every second on this board about Gulf Arabs ? does it upset you ?

you don't have to answer , just putting it out there.
Do Hebrew speakers get preference?

I truly doubt that. Unless an individual if highly skilled and highly specialized in a field, then i guess that person will definitely get preference. It is happening now with 10 year visas to these type of professionals.
If this is also open to Israeli's, Americans, Germans, Chinese, Indian Hindu's I think it's a good idea. If this is just open to riff raff from Somalia, Pakistan, Bangladesh then it is bad thing in my humble opinion. Quality over quantity.

totally agree. During the construction boom and the building of the nation , quality was compromised by quantity. Now the UAE is somewhat fully developed and looking to grow more but at a slower pace with the best quality individuals. Keep in mind though, the GOV. will keep an open mind and eye for ALL nationalities with such traits.

Last edited:
accomplishment (in recent history) is considered to be - "Women getting the right to drive"..

that was KSA, and the UAE is working hard with marketing the UAE as it really is. And honestly speaking, if in this day and age of technology we still have people with skewed ideas of a certain people or nation, i think its best they stay put on their couch and spare us the headache

I have and i am sure the government has as well. I am vey happy having people from all corners of the world calling the UAE their home , really their home. However, more importantly for me is stability and peace. Something we enjoy Al hamdulelah in the UAE. So lets see how this pans out.

Bro here's a better idea, see these people called Syrian refugees?

1608895453694.png

1608895471527.png

You have original Arabs looking for a home, who happen to be mostly educated, doctors, engineers, teachers, everything you guys need. They have the same culture, will greatly enhance the size of your populace and there shouldn't be any clash of interest. Not to mention they are a handsome people.

Bro here's a better idea, see these people called Syrian refugees?

View attachment 699762
View attachment 699763

You have original Arabs looking for a home, who happen to be mostly educated, doctors, engineers, teachers, everything you guys need. They have the same culture, will greatly enhance the size of your populace and there shouldn't be any clash of interest. Not to mention they are a handsome people.

I posted the criteria for receiving the citizenship, so if our Syrian brothers and sisters tick the boxes, why not ! great in fact.
The leaders of that country have a very long term vision/goals they want for their Country and they are working diligently and tirelessly to achieve that . Leaders in the region should learn from them instead of always focusing on silly things like using religion to pamper to theeir naive populace/stupid political infightings/nepotism etc things which adds no real value to the country nor does it improves the livelihood of the people.

could not have said it better myself.

I posted the criteria for receiving the citizenship, so if our Syrian brothers and sisters tick the boxes, why not ! great in fact.

You need to take the future into account. Seriously if you have influence suggest this to your government. It's about culture, race and faith as well, not just workers.

Another group are the Lebanese;

Salam Abdel Samad, an immigration attorney in Beirut, said that in the weeks since the countrywide COVID-19 lockdown was eased, he has received 20-25 calls a day from people inquiring about immigration options and taking five or six appointments in his office. That’s about double the rate from before the crisis, he said.

even Lebanese who had firmly resisted emigrating before are preparing to pack their bags.

“Really we are expecting many, many, people to take [to] the airport with a one-way ticket and to not be back,” he said.

Charbel, 35, is one of the Lebanese who, until now, had never thought he would go abroad.

Charbel, who asked to be identified only by his first name because his employer is not aware of his plans, has a wife and two-year-old daughter and a job in the banking sector that allowed the family to live comfortably, if not in luxury, before the lira collapsed.

But now, worried about their own future and their daughter’s, he and his wife are applying for immigration; their first choice is Australia, then the United States and Canada.

Abirafeh is a Lebanese-American who grew up in the US and came to Lebanon for university. She fell in love with the country and then with her now-husband, who is from her family’s hometown of Aley. She has been living in Lebanon since 2011 and now has two small children.

Abirafeh said until recently, her husband, who owns a car mechanic garage, had never been interested in leaving Lebanon. But as the situation began to deteriorate, he agreed to apply for a green card

Days after the port explosion that ravaged Beirut, a news anchor at a little-watched state TV channel declared he was leaving Lebanon for good.

She will join a diaspora thought to be three times the size of the country’s population due to past emigration waves in Lebanon’s tumultuous history.

Google Trends shows searches for the word “immigration” from Lebanon hit a 10-year peak after the huge stockpile of ammonium nitrate detonated at Beirut port. Officials have blamed it on negligence.

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, the brotherhood is over.

I mean no disrespect really but do you happen to be a practicing shia ? or perhaps your father is a practicing shia ?

i only say this because the nations and news outlets out there that would paint the UAE the way you did will be anti-sunnah and anti-GCC arabs in general and in my honest opinion, i think its affecting your sound judgment a bit ....

The UAE is far from what you have described .... i don't know where to start .
You need to take the future into account. Seriously if you have influence suggest this to your government. It's about culture, race and faith as well, not just workers.

Another group are the Lebanese;

Salam Abdel Samad, an immigration attorney in Beirut, said that in the weeks since the countrywide COVID-19 lockdown was eased, he has received 20-25 calls a day from people inquiring about immigration options and taking five or six appointments in his office. That’s about double the rate from before the crisis, he said.

even Lebanese who had firmly resisted emigrating before are preparing to pack their bags.

“Really we are expecting many, many, people to take [to] the airport with a one-way ticket and to not be back,” he said.

Charbel, 35, is one of the Lebanese who, until now, had never thought he would go abroad.

Charbel, who asked to be identified only by his first name because his employer is not aware of his plans, has a wife and two-year-old daughter and a job in the banking sector that allowed the family to live comfortably, if not in luxury, before the lira collapsed.

But now, worried about their own future and their daughter’s, he and his wife are applying for immigration; their first choice is Australia, then the United States and Canada.

Abirafeh is a Lebanese-American who grew up in the US and came to Lebanon for university. She fell in love with the country and then with her now-husband, who is from her family’s hometown of Aley. She has been living in Lebanon since 2011 and now has two small children.

Abirafeh said until recently, her husband, who owns a car mechanic garage, had never been interested in leaving Lebanon. But as the situation began to deteriorate, he agreed to apply for a green card

Days after the port explosion that ravaged Beirut, a news anchor at a little-watched state TV channel declared he was leaving Lebanon for good.

She will join a diaspora thought to be three times the size of the country’s population due to past emigration waves in Lebanon’s tumultuous history.

Google Trends shows searches for the word “immigration” from Lebanon hit a 10-year peak after the huge stockpile of ammonium nitrate detonated at Beirut port. Officials have blamed it on negligence.

you know waz , we have a significant number of Syrians/Palestinians and Lebanese in the UAE and some of them have already received citizenship 20-30 years ago , for example , the Abu Eida Palestinian family are mostly all UAE nationals today. I believe there are more still and inshallah they do get citizenships too.

also, i am a normal joe yar :P the only power i have is telling my kids when to put their IPad down and when to sleep ;)

I do appreciate your enthusiasm and good heart for these peoples situations though , barak Allah feek

To be honest, history is made by those who take the path into new ground. The leaders as opposed to the herd. This is not easy. Breaking the status quo is not easy. You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs. Some sit in the same place, watching the world move on while scratching their testicles.

The fact is the best way forward to help the Palestinians is to make peace with Israel. By trading and pulling Israel into the greater Muslim world would help to resolve the issue and over the long term temper the Muslim radicalism that has eaten some Muslim countries from inside.

So I actually deeply respect UAE for having the 'balls' to make such a decision. In 50 years time this decision will be vindicated. I flog GCC/UAE not for it's decisions but use the opportunity to thrash the religious zombies in Pakistan who number in millions. I guess I am jealous that UAE and other GCC Arab countries are strong enough to make such decisions but Pakistan is too fragile, to weak, too divided and broken to make such decisions and is destined to suffer as a destitute, orphan begging on the roadside while suffering illusions of greatness.

My thrashing of GCC in fact is result of frustration at Pakistan not doing the right thing and UAE is the looking mirror that exposes this reality. So I end up breaking the mirror.

In fact I am convinced UAE will now begin to restrict or filter Pakistan migrants lest some of these end up inside UAE and blow up themselves near some Israeli hotel etc. And i really think UAE will over decades turn into a sophisticated city state similiar to Monte Carlo at peace with the modern world.

Back
Top Bottom