What's new

BIG News: UAE is now giving Citizenship to Foreigners

It's only for Israeli Jews. Just fyi...

1608842358877.png

This is point of sympathy, i respect...but unfortunately some nations has habit of using others land against there rivals and you know very well....

Perhaps i misunderstood. So your saying some nationalities , if given UAE citizenship , will use UAE land (how exactly?) against there rivals (who?)

did i get that right ?

Oh come on ! you guys are being a bit over the top dramatic ! I am sure it will be a calculated process.

I think both the UAE government and Emiratis want the same thing. We want to grow 50 folds in the next 30 years. This is quite impossible with SUCH a low Emirati population. 1 million Emiratis, less than half at working age. We don't want to walk, run, jump. We want to fly. This cannot be achieved unless we bring in people from all over the world who meet the criteria

Requirements for acquiring nationality
Nationality shall be granted to the applicant in accordance with the following conditions:

1. He/she shall renounce his/her nationality of origin or any other nationality he/she holds.
  2. He/she shall be proficient in Arabic.
  3. He/she shall have a lawful source of income.
  4. He/she shall hold an educational qualification.
  5. He/she shall be of good reputation and good conduct.
  6. He/she shall not have been convicted for a felony or misdemeanour involving moral turpitude or dishonesty, unless rehabilitated.
  7. He/shall obtain security approval.
  8. He/she shall swear allegiance to the UAE.

The second part rules out most Indians :D i know people living in Dubai for over 2 decades who despite their best efforts can barely speak in Arabic (although can read and write properly).

Oh come on ! you guys are being a bit over the top dramatic ! I am sure it will be a calculated process.

I think both the UAE government and Emiratis want the same thing. We want to grow 50 folds in the next 30 years. This is quite impossible with SUCH a low Emirati population. 1 million Emiratis, less than half at working age. We don't want to walk, run, jump. We want to fly. This cannot be achieved unless we bring in people from all over the world who meet the criteria

Requirements for acquiring nationality
Nationality shall be granted to the applicant in accordance with the following conditions:

1. He/she shall renounce his/her nationality of origin or any other nationality he/she holds.
  2. He/she shall be proficient in Arabic.
  3. He/she shall have a lawful source of income.
  4. He/she shall hold an educational qualification.
  5. He/she shall be of good reputation and good conduct.
  6. He/she shall not have been convicted for a felony or misdemeanour involving moral turpitude or dishonesty, unless rehabilitated.
  7. He/shall obtain security approval.
  8. He/she shall swear allegiance to the UAE.

But, all it needs is 1 person and than their kids are citizens as well right? In the long run this means Indians, South Asians, etc will have the ability to make up a large part of the population.

Just because they now hand out citizenships doesn’t mean they won’t stop rounding up & deporting anyone they want out.

This has happened a few times but for VERY serious crimes that threatened national security. Which is a good enough reason in my opinion

But, all it needs is 1 person and than their kids are citizens as well right? In the long run this means Indians, South Asians, etc will have the ability to make up a large part of the population.

I am not sure of the details, for now though, The kids of an Emirati woman who marries a non-Emirati man will have to wait until they turn 18 year of age before given citizenship. This exact thing happened to my aunt who is Emirati but husband is Yemeni. Their kids all have Emirati citizenships and their younger sister turned 18 2 days ago and she got a call on the same day as her birthday to set a day to give her her passport.

This is possibly something that might happen, also, Emirati men who marry non-Emirati women will have to wait 10 years before their wives get the passport , less years if they have kids between them , i think 7 years.
Yea but you should be responsible for your own citizens

I agree, which is why citizens born Emirati are dealt with accordingly and retain their passport. However, the ones i was referring to were adult who received citizenship recently and abused it (i am talking treason ..etc.) . Those got the boot and were sent back packing after serving jail time.

To live in UAE you'd have to put up with the people who pretend to own the place. Those folks know their party from oil/gas is almost finished. They need more people to live off of.

There are a few rules i am sure 99% of our brothers on this website will cover, however, being Proficent in Arabic might be a struggle for most. However, like the guy in the YT clip mentioned and i agree with him, these rules will be more relaxed over time.

Also, this is exactly what the UAE needs. For the people here working hard to have something to look forward to. Stability and chances !

what do you guys think ? good step ?

Actually your target should be the children, who grew up in UAE or GCC.
I give you here an example of my neighbor in Saudi, he was from Pakistan. His children... daughter and son used to study in American school Dahran, but when they were done with their schooling and were ready to go to Uni. they were of the age that they need their own residence permit, which comes only with job.
At least son was fluent in Arabic, but both were fluent in American English. Story starts here, there parents send them to a university in Karachi, but they find them selves total misfit in an alien society... eventually they were admitted in a uni. in Sharja. I don't know what become of them later, as i left Saudi.
I have even more examples... so you should really have a program to take over the willing children as your permanent residents, as minimum... of course you can set some rules.

Actually your target should be the children, who grew up in UAE or GCC.
I give you here an example of my neighbor in Saudi, he was from Pakistan. His children... daughter and son used to study in American school Dahran, but when they were done with their schooling and were ready to go to Uni. they were of the age that they need their own residence permit, which comes only with job.
At least son was fluent in Arabic, but both were fluent in American English. Story starts here, there parents send them to a university in Karachi, but they find them selves total misfit in an alien society... eventually they were admitted in a uni. in Sharja. I don't know what become of them later, as i left Saudi.
I have even more examples... so you should really have a program to take over the willing children as your permanent residents, as minimum... of course you can set some rules.

absolutely agree 150%. The UAE couldn't find better candidates anywhere. Born and raised among us.

You know, due to the nature of my job, I meet people from all countries and i ALWAYS know when someone is born and raised in the UAE. It shows in their body language and walk and speed at which they talk ..... even if they speak zero Arabic , I just know.

To live in UAE you'd have to put up with the people who pretend to own the place. Those folks know their party from oil/gas is almost finished. They need more people to live off of.

So the people, who were living there from decades... were partying in oil/gas?
Give it to your Israeli Brothers

Like some Pakistanis smuggle $ to their masters in Iran?

Last edited:
absolutely agree 150%. The UAE couldn't find better candidates anywhere. Born and raised among us.

You know, due to the nature of my job, I meet people from all countries and i ALWAYS know when someone is born and raised in the UAE. It shows in their body language and walk and speed at which they talk ..... even if they speak zero Arabic , I just know.

You must be than working at Airport ;)
It will look like South Asia. All the Arabs will move to KSA with their wealth leaving another failed state.:rofl:

It will not look any different than it is today.

Back
Top Bottom