What's new

BIG News: UAE is now giving Citizenship to Foreigners

Abu Dhabi

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates

There are a few rules i am sure 99% of our brothers on this website will cover, however, being Proficent in Arabic might be a struggle for most. However, like the guy in the YT clip mentioned and i agree with him, these rules will be more relaxed over time.

Also, this is exactly what the UAE needs. For the people here working hard to have something to look forward to. Stability and chances !

what do you guys think ? good step ?

There are a few rules i am sure 99% of our brothers on this website will cover, however, being Proficent in Arabic might be a struggle for most. However, like the guy in the YT clip mentioned and i agree with him, these rules will be more relaxed over time.

Also, this is exactly what the UAE needs. For the people here working hard to have something to look forward to. Stability and chances !

what do you guys think ? good step ?
Good luck, it will turn into Little India. @Indus Pakistan hope its wrong news.

You know well, Dubai is build by Arab-Iranians and then comes Pakistani. We deserve more then any other nationality.

Not Strictly Emiratis of Iranian background and pakistanis , but yes , they did play a great part in building Dubai.

I am a first generation Emirati. My grandfather moved to Dubai from Yemen 5 years before the UAE came to be, and he brought with him my grandmother and all his kids (my dad being one of them of course). They lived on the creek in an old barjeel local house. Most of my fathers friends were Emiratis with Iranian/Balochi/Pakistani/Indian and Bedouin backgrounds. I played with their kids as we grew up. All lovely people.

Oh come on ! you guys are being a bit over the top dramatic ! I am sure it will be a calculated process.

I think both the UAE government and Emiratis want the same thing. We want to grow 50 folds in the next 30 years. This is quite impossible with SUCH a low Emirati population. 1 million Emiratis, less than half at working age. We don't want to walk, run, jump. We want to fly. This cannot be achieved unless we bring in people from all over the world who meet the criteria

Requirements for acquiring nationality
Nationality shall be granted to the applicant in accordance with the following conditions:

1. He/she shall renounce his/her nationality of origin or any other nationality he/she holds.
  2. He/she shall be proficient in Arabic.
  3. He/she shall have a lawful source of income.
  4. He/she shall hold an educational qualification.
  5. He/she shall be of good reputation and good conduct.
  6. He/she shall not have been convicted for a felony or misdemeanour involving moral turpitude or dishonesty, unless rehabilitated.
  7. He/shall obtain security approval.
  8. He/she shall swear allegiance to the UAE.

Not Strictly Emiratis of Iranian background and pakistanis , but yes , they did play a great part in building Dubai.

I am a first generation Emirati. My grandfather moved to Dubai from Yemen 5 years before the UAE came to be, and he brought with him my grandmother and all his kids (my dad being one of them of course). They lived on the creek in an old barjeel local house. Most of my fathers friends were Emiratis with Iranian/Balochi/Pakistani/Indian and Bedouin backgrounds. I played with their kids as we grew up. All lovely people.
This is point of sympathy, i respect...but unfortunately some nations has habit of using others land against there rivals and you know very well....

Back
Top Bottom