What's new

Bharat ratna..........................has lost its charm

he-man

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
This year's bharat ratna has been uber controversial due to many factors

1)Sachin tendulkar:He has already won arjuna award and rajeev gandhi khel ratna award so what was so hurry in conferring himthis award on the day of his requirement??what has he done for india(playing cricket is not any national service).On the other hand i have a negative perception of tendulkar

a)he was gifted a ferari by feat through michael schumacher but he had to pay 1-2 crore import duty which he flatly refused.
In the end govt paid the duty for him.And what did this asshole do with the ferrari??

HE SOLD IT 2 YEARS AGO TO A GUJRATI BUSINESSMAN................

b)What has he done with all the money he has??supposedely he has assets worth 160 million dollars,so at least he could
have opened a ngo or something,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no................nothing of the sort

2)DHYAN CHAND robbed:Why did he not get this award even now when we all know he was the best hockey player of his time
who won 3 hockey golds for india??he was the one who played hockey for country and not adds.
He died in utter poverty and neglect

So i ask from all of u whether it was at all appropriate??

who deserved more??

ha sachin done anything for country??

who is to blame for this??

This year's bharat ratna has been uber controversial due to many factors

1)Sachin tendulkar:He has already won arjuna award and rajeev gandhi khel ratna award so what was so hurry in conferring himthis award on the day of his requirement??what has he done for india(playing cricket is not any national service).On the other hand i have a negative perception of tendulkar

a)he was gifted a ferari by feat through michael schumacher but he had to pay 1-2 crore import duty which he flatly refused.
In the end govt paid the duty for him.And what did this asshole do with the ferrari??

HE SOLD IT 2 YEARS AGO TO A GUJRATI BUSINESSMAN................

b)What has he done with all the money he has??supposedely he has assets worth 160 million dollars,so at least he could
have opened a ngo or something,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no................nothing of the sort

2)DHYAN CHAND robbed:Why did he not get this award even now when we all know he was the best hockey player of his time
who won 3 hockey golds for india??he was the one who played hockey for country and not adds.
He died in utter poverty and neglect

So i ask from all of u whether it was at all appropriate??

who deserved more??

ha sachin done anything for country??

who is to blame for this??
aap bhi kiss behes me par gaye paaji jao jake do char peg lagao ...wo sunna hai na "andhi bante revri":cheers:

aap bhi kiss behes me par gaye paaji jao jake do char peg lagao ...wo sunna hai na "andhi bante revri":cheers:

bhai it may seem as an irrelevant discussion but

IT SHOWS THAT IN INDIA POLITICIANS CAN GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING

bhai it may seem as an irrelevant discussion but

IT SHOWS THAT IN INDIA POLITICIANS CAN GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING
well bhai ji kyon tension lete ho in do kauri ke politicians ki ye to aise hi rahenge....wo sunnahai na "andhe ke age roye apne nain khoye":cheers:

well bhai ji kyon tension lete ho in do kauri ke politicians ki ye to aise hi rahenge....wo sunnahai na "andhe ke age roye apne nain khoye":cheers:

Someone has to speak...................truth must prevail

lol

Kake, you could have started this thread in 'Members Club'?

1) What have previous awardees like lata mangeshkar, MS Subbalakshmi, Ustad Bismillah Khan done for India, other than singing songs or blowing wind through a pipe?

(The question is meant as sarcasm. Bharat ratna is awarded not for national service, whatever that may be, but to meritorious contribution in their respective field. Or rather, national serice itself is defined as contribution to any human endeavour. Initially that only meant artistic, literary or scientific fields, but since 2011 that has been modified to include any field of constructive human endeavour, including sports.)

2) a) The ferrari was his private property (since it was gifted to him), and it is his wish what to do with it. Drive it, or crush it, or sell it, or turn it into a museum, it is his choice, since it is his property. The only person who may feel legitimately hurt by that is the person who gifted it to him, but I'm sure Michael Schumaker is not shedding any tears over that.

The govt did not pay the duty (since govt paying duty to govt is absurd), but decided to waive it for him. That is a legitimate concern, as to why he was exempted from it, but that question should be directed at the excise dept or govt in power.

b) Again, his wish what to do with his money, just as it is your wish what to do with yours. How many charitable donations did you make this year, however meager? Such things are voluntary acts, and you cannot sit in judgement of people who may or may not do that. (BTW, Tendulkar has made mighty fine contributions to public welfare and charities. Not that it matters.)

3) Who should have won is an argument that will always take place, no matter who wins.

BTW, as I explained to you earlier, if you want a good discussion, people will take you seriously if you stop calling everybody assholes. So far I can't think of any person or entity you havent called that, except yourself.

excise duty for Ferrari car was paid by the company it self although i do feel it was hurriedly given to sachin, dhyan chand should have been the first sports man

1) What have previous awardees like lata mangeshkar, MS Subbalakshmi, Ustad Bismillah Khan done for India, other than singing songs or blowing wind through a pipe?

(The question is meant as sarcasm. Bharat ratna is awarded not for national service, whatever that may be, but to meritorious contribution in their respective field. Or rather, national serice itself is defined as contribution to any human endeavour. Initially that only meant artistic, literary or scientific fields, but since 2011 that has been modified to include any field of constructive human endeavour, including sports.)

2) a) The ferrari was his private property (since it was gifted to him), and it is his wish what to do with it. Drive it, or crush it, or sell it, or turn it into a museum, it is his choice, since it is his property. The only person who may feel legitimately hurt by that is the person who gifted it to him, but I'm sure Michael Schumaker is not shedding any tears over that.

The govt did not pay the duty (since govt paying duty to govt is absurd), but decided to waive it for him. That is a legitimate concern, as to why he was exempted from it, but that question should be directed at the excise dept or govt in power.

b) Again, his wish what to do with his money, just as it is your wish what to do with yours. How many charitable donations did you make this year, however meager? Such things are voluntary acts, and you cannot sit in judgement of people who may or may not do that. (BTW, Tendulkar has made mighty fine contributions to public welfare and charities. Not that it matters.)

3) Who should have won is an argument that will always take place, no matter who wins.

BTW, as I explained to you earlier, if you want a good discussion, people will take you seriously if you stop calling everybody assholes. So far I can't think of any person or entity you havent called that, except yourself.

i am sorry

waiving duty is same as paying for him

and after his 2 crore duty was waived why was he so shameless as to sell that for profit??

pls do explain??

and my point is why not dhyan chand,a man who died in poverty despite winning 3 olympic golds for country as hockey was an amateur sports back then and he served in army!!

tendulkar achievements????pls elaborate??

excise duty for Ferrari car was paid by the company it self although i do feel it was hurriedly given to sachin, dhyan chand should have been the first sports man

no 100% by government in my opinion

even if it was paid by company it was shameful for sachin to not pay the duty and sell the ferrari later................morally wrong

his worth is about 1000 crore!!

BJP is coming back to power so we may see some inquiry and for first few years CBI will be busy holding Congressi leaders accountable for their misrule of taxpayers money.

as far as assholes go...............there are plenty of them and i will not flinch on not calling them by their real names!!

Like it or not, Sachin Tendulkar is a selfish human being and that showed in his cricket as well.....

yes it has although I still won't mind having one for myself though :P

Back
Top Bottom