What's new

Bharat bandh

The bandh is nothing more than chest thumping by the political parties.It doesnt serve any purpose as such.If they are really determined theya have the numbers as opposition in the parliament to shake the government and check the desicion yet they refrain from that

This govt. has been becoming courageous day by day in its anti-people policies. It is clearly evident that Mr. PM is under the thorough influence of US and IMF. These bodies wanted entry of private players in petroleum in india.

This price rise is just to facilitate the entry of few industrial houses to venture into an area where there can be no loss.

Mark my word, soon you will see petrol pumps of Reliance, Tatas, and others mushrooming all over the country.

What I am surprised most is the govt. is so forthcoming in talking about reforms in petroleum sector, but what about the reforms in PDS to ensure food security to the poor. What solution does this govt. have to deal with the cascading effects of fuel price rise on the prices of food items.

Please remember, bandh (peaceful and voluntary of course) is the democratic tool, which keeps indias democracy alive. If we take away this tool, people will take up arms. Bandh is a kind of civilized and symbolic protest and people expect opposition parties to lead them in times of crisis. We do not want a new breed of naxalites from urban and semi-urban india.

Please keep in mind strikes happen all over the world including China. Strike/bandh is a potent tool to show the unscrupulous mighty the collective power of not so previleged to demand what is just and belong to them.

However, it is really unfortunate that on most of the occasions buses and public property is damaged by anti-social elements and this must be stopped.

The bandh is nothing more than chest thumping by the political parties.It doesnt serve any purpose as such.If they are really determined theya have the numbers as opposition in the parliament to shake the government and check the desicion yet they refrain from that

If it doesn't serve any purpose to thats shameful for INDIAN cause we are still living like prisoners.

That means government can do any think but no one can protest against them .....................

Really shameful for all of us :tdown:

This govt. has been becoming courageous day by day in its anti-people policies. It is clearly evident that Mr. PM is under the thorough influence of US and IMF. These bodies wanted entry of private players in petroleum in india.

This price rise is just to facilitate the entry of few industrial houses to venture into an area where there can be no loss.

Mark my word, soon you will see petrol pumps of Reliance, Tatas, and others mushrooming all over the country.

What I am surprised most is the govt. is so forthcoming in talking about reforms in petroleum sector, but what about the reforms in PDS to ensure food security to the poor. What solution does this govt. have to deal with the cascading effects of fuel price rise on the prices of food items.

Please remember, bandh (peaceful and voluntary of course) is the democratic tool, which keeps indias democracy alive. If we take away this tool, people will take up arms. Bandh is a kind of civilized and symbolic protest and people expect opposition parties to lead them in times of crisis. We do not want a new breed of naxalites from urban and semi-urban india.

Please keep in mind strikes happen all over the world including China. Strike/bandh is a potent tool to show the unscrupulous mighty the collective power of not so previleged to demand what is just and belong to them.

However, it is really unfortunate that on most of the occasions buses and public property is damaged by anti-social elements and this must be stopped.

Peaceful and voluntary = yes.

But today buses were smashed, trains were stopped on their tracks.

This is no bandh just demonstration of firepower by the opposition.

Pure bull sh@$ , nothing has been proved other than disrupting daily life and destroying public property. If the Lefts who has balls to protest , they should have withdrawn support for the government.

Bandhs and harthals have no place in democracy anymore. And few party men cant be responsible for threatening daily life of a common man.

:tdown::tdown::tdown:

I dont support bandh but this time I feel it had become necessary to express our feelings.

Someone talked about daily wage labors, tell me if pulses are 80 rs per kg how wud there kids survive ? This Pawar is good for nothing and is busy making money out of cricket and the poor are suffering like anything. But violence is condemnable It has already started hampering savings of middle class and lives of poor , only ppl not complaining are cream of society and ppl with black money.

I dont support bandh but this time I feel it had become necessary to express our feelings.

Someone talked about daily wage labors, tell me if pulses are 80 rs per kg how wud there kids survive ? This Pawar is good for nothing and is busy making money out of cricket and the poor are suffering like anything. But violence is condemnable It has already started hampering savings of middle class and lives of poor , only ppl not complaining are cream of society and ppl with black money.

Bandhs are called by opposition politicians to show the ruling politicians that they care about people more and this time it was for the price rise and fuel rise.

If they want to convey their protest and talk about it do that in the parliament house, not on streets and by disrupting daily life.

For the first time I support the Bandh the prices have crossed limits.
The price of Petrol without tax is @ Rs 23-24. Where as its Rs 55 on Road that means Taxes are more than double this has cascading effect on other basic commodity prices.
This Bandh was a success and will surely Jolt Congress.

For the first time I support the Bandh the prices have crossed limits.
The price of Petrol without tax is @ Rs 23-24. Where as its Rs 55 on Road that means Taxes are more than double this has cascading effect on other basic commodity prices.
This Bandh was a success and will surely Jolt Congress.

I do agree that the prices have indeed rised to a level where a common man cant live a life of comfort. But i dont think conducting bandh is a nice idea because the political parties use it as a tool to get more popularity rather than raising the issue on the required stage.

Its a common practice.

Govt announces price rise on parliament, next day opposition announces harthal or bandh.

WTF is this???

Right on target brother. Exactly my feelings. I also do not support these bandhs. They create more problems than solve any, but bandh that has pan-india appeal, that concerns the lives of 90% population of the country, and something, which can have serious implications on the health of our population is always welcome. (only protein source for majority of poor indians are pulses)

You are right about this Pawar. He is born to swindle money. He is man of middle men. All the benefit of the rising prices of food comodities is corned by previleged few at commodity market while the farmer only gets peasnuts.

He is manipulating import/export of pulses and sugar in such a way that everything is shown on paper and the dalals control the prices and when the prices are high the secretly stored pulses and sugar is released into the market and shown on paper as if it is imported.

Just manipulation. Nothing else.

When the scheme for mid-day meals for poor school students across the country was started, the children were supposed to get cooked rice, bananas, milk, and eggs.
Today, everything has disappeared from the menu and only half-cooked rice is served. If you do not believe me, go and check for yourself.

LATEST NEWS FLASHING ON TV: TOOR DAL (PIGEON PEAS) RATE: Rs 90/kg.

Last edited:
Hmm i think govt should introduce bandh/harthal tourism in kerala in which international tourists can experience god's own country's serine empty roads and dead streets with all shops closed.it would be quite a view

Bandhs are called by opposition politicians to show the ruling politicians that they care about people more and this time it was for the price rise and fuel rise.

If they want to convey their protest and talk about it do that in the parliament house, not on streets and by disrupting daily life.

I dont care , this time it has crossed all limits this government doesnt seem to be doing anything to stop this.

And regarding the common people who are common ppl you and me or ones earning 100 to 300 perday. Tell me how they are going to live there lives. All the vegetables are selling 15 rs per 250 gm, it as become a luxury than need. Cant even think about the poor how they are going to live and save their kids from malnutrition. Anyways MP's have done all kid of hullabaloo in the parliament but this joker sharad pawar is busy in ICC elections. I want to really smash his ***.

Trust me common man is enraged, Manmohan Singh has to intervene now and not just make promises that inflation will be down next quarter which never happens.

Well the bandh that has a pan-india appeal has just caused a loss of 3000 crores which belongs to common man.

Well the bandh that has a pan-india appeal has just caused a loss of 3000 crores which belongs to common man.

If PM had sacked this incompetent minister and taken right steps then he could have saved this money.Its just politics which is saving Pawar. It was his job he didn't do it properly which caused this loss.

I dont care , this time it has crossed all limits this government doesnt seem to be doing anything to stop this.

And regarding the common people who are common ppl you and me or ones earning 100 to 300 perday. Tell me how they are going to live there lives. All the vegetables are selling 15 rs per 250 gm, it as become a luxury than need. Cant even think about the poor how they are going to live and save their kids from malnutrition. Anyways MP's have done all kid of hullabaloo in the parliament but this joker sharad pawar is busy in ICC elections. I want to really smash his ***.

Trust me common man is enraged, Manmohan Singh has to intervene now and not just make promises that inflation will be down next quarter which never happens.

I do agree with most of the points regarding the price concerns. But i don't agree with any bandh even it has pan-india appeal coz the people who are calling these bandhs cant control the violence.

And just now i saw the opposition leader saying that bandh was successful and it shows "opposition unity"on TV.

So it was about showing opposition strength and nothing else.

Several states are being ruled by the opposition parties like BJP and CPM, why the f@$% cant they take away state tax (around 12 rs) and show they really care for people.?????

Just turn on television news channels and see how people have suffered due to this.

Back
Top Bottom