What's new

Bhakts Going Crazy Blocking Bangladeshi Appliances: Make-in-India Not Working

Lol. Dominating what? There is no market in Bangladesh. Who would invest in Bangla Land when your consumption is lower than a decent town in India. Tell yourself anything to soothe yourself. Reality is different.

However wherever there is scope, this happens. So don't get cocky.

While Japanese brands are growing, the market is literally dominated by Indian brands, with Baja Auto leader with near 33% of share, followed by Hero Motor and TVS. Honda is fast growing and hold a market share near 11%

You have obviously never been to either Bangladesh or Pakistan.

Consumer appliances consumption in both countries were at a different level in both countries compared to India (not to mention automobiles and FMCG goods) even in the 1950s.

India was a closed economy and "Phoren" imports were unavailable or hard to find.

In India you had to put in an application and wait two years in waitlist to buy an Ambassador or Padmini when you could walk into any showroom in Dhaka or Karachi/Lahore and buy a Toyota off the property in two hours.

But how would Indians know? Totally different lifestyle. Ask your parents.

In Pakistan my parents and relatives were using 500 litre fridges when most Indians did not even know what a fridge was. Forget about Washing machines.

Even today, most Indians are so kanjoos they will not try to get a fridge above 200 litre capacity, thinking they will pay too much electricity and get a heart attack. :lol:

India got B/W and color TV way after Pakistanis and Bangladeshis did. Ditto with cellphone. Google it.

Most of India did not even have Doordarshan TV before the late 80s/early 90s, that too for maybe a few hours a day of garbage programming. Kolkata people used to set up Booster Antennas to watch Cricket Match and football broadcasts from our Khulna/Jessore TV stations because Doordarshan was too cheap to pay for International broadcasting rights. Ditto for shows like Six Million dollar man or Hawaii-Five-O in the eighties which my elder relatives grew up watching.

Now comes along Modi and tells everyone India was always like the USA.

Indian kids never played goli-danda in the streets - they always grew up with Wii and iPad. :azn:

Historical revisionism at its finest. Clueless Bhakts. :lol:

Last edited:
Just do like your fellow telugus do and try to get a visa. You can have a good life once you have your own Telugu country.

Tell Mr. Telugu Desam to go to the Visa Shiva, patron saint of US/UK/EU visas.

Bhakts good at two things,

A. Waiting in line and hoping for Visas
B. Bashing non-bhakts in PDF hiding behind keyboard (scrawny 30 in chest. claiming to be 56 in).

Last edited:
he talked about electornic companies like BPL, videocon. You flip the topic and talk about motorbike companies hero and tvs. Everyone knows that two-wheeler industry for transport (not recreation like harley davidson) is a third world industry.

BPL and Videocon opened up show rooms in Bangladesh for two/three decades and they sold maybe a few dozen TV's or fridges, begging people to buy them.

If Japanese/Korean or local is available, who will buy Indian TV/fridge?

BPL and Videocon opened up show rooms in Bangladesh for two/three decades and they sold maybe a few dozen TV's or fridges, begging people to buy them.

If Japanese/Korean or local is available, who will buy Indian TV/fridge?
I am just tired of india this and that...these morons keep telling us about super power in manufacturing...self sufficient in defence bla bla bla...by 2020 this...by 2010 that...now 2025 cause some PLI lol they will be self sufficient lmao....2025 they will come up another new time line...BS will continue...

Rest of asia has passed them...south east asia did now bangladesh too...Indians after 10 years will make over jealous comments against Somalia or Afghanistan once they pass them too. This shit will continue next 50 years.

I remember 10 years ago most indians use to make fun of china now they are 6 times bigger. Just bunch of salty loosers.

You have obviously never been to either Bangladesh or Pakistan.

Consumer appliances consumption in both countries were at a different level in both countries compared to India (not to mention automobiles and FMCG goods) even in the 1950s.

India was a closed economy and "Phoren" imports were unavailable or hard to find.

In India you had to put in an application and wait two years in waitlist to buy an Ambassador or Padmini when you could walk into any showroom in Dhaka or Karachi/Lahore and buy a Toyota off the property in two hours.

But how would Indians know? Totally different lifestyle. Ask your parents.

In Pakistan my parents and relatives were using 500 litre fridges when most Indians did not even know what a fridge was. Forget about Washing machines.

Even today, most Indians are so kanjoos they will not try to get a fridge above 200 litre capacity, thinking they will pay too much electricity and get a heart attack. :lol:

India got B/W and color TV way after Pakistanis and Bangladeshis did. Ditto with cellphone. Google it.

Most of India did not even have Doordarshan TV before the late 80s/early 90s, that too for maybe a few hours a day of garbage programming. Kolkata people used to set up Booster Antennas to watch Cricket Match and football broadcasts from our Khulna/Jessore TV stations because Doordarshan was too cheap to pay for International broadcasting rights. Ditto for shows like Six Million dollar man or Hawaii-Five-O in the eighties which my elder relatives grew up watching.

Now comes along Modi and tells everyone India was always like the USA.

Indian kids never played goli-danda in the streets - they always grew up with Wii and iPad. :azn:

Historical revisionism at its finest. Clueless Bhakts. :lol:
I am old enough to know all that. I mean what is your point. You keep shifting goal post. I didn't open a thread about how India is superior to Bangladesh but you did with flimsy evidence.

Now let's see facts. Bangladesh consumer electronics market is 1.38 billion in 2017. You posted this.

The continually growing market is currently stands at USD 1.38 Billion as of 2017.
  • Television: USD 414.22 Million
  • Refrigerators: USD 549.11 Million
  • Air Conditioner: USD 164.57 Million
  • Home Appliances: USD 251.41 Million
Somebody else posted that Bangladesh sells 3.2 million refrigerators per annum. So average refrigerator cost comes to $170 (549/3.2)

I didn't know you could buy 500lts refrigerators for $170 in Bangladesh. There has to be limits to pompous boasts.

20210611_113051.jpg

Don't tell me you could buy iPhone 12 for average 8469 taka in Bangladesh. Bangladesh superb market allows for 7 million smart phone sales 80% of which are less than 8000 taka.

I mean you lay down a lot of things as facts with no corresponding numbers to show for it. Its embarrassing to even show you the mirror.

Last edited:
Look at the trade deficit between India & Bangladesh ,

These lungis will always be a dumping ground for us.

Their bravado here is hilariously stupid .

"Dumping ground"?

US has a massive trade deficit with rest of the world and so are they are a dumping ground?

BD does not believe in protectionism and so has deficits with certain countries like India as food and some other products like cotton are cheaper and/or only available from those countries and surpluses with others like the West.

India on the other hand knows it cannot compete with BD in the electronics sector(+ many others) and so is trying dirty tactics which will only harm the Indian consumer with higher prices and poor quality.

To look at why the Indians are playing nasty we can see the following trend.

Year BD Trade Deficit with India

2018 - 8 billion US dollars
2019 - 6.5 billion US dollars
2020 - 6.0 billion US dollars - Corona virus did not really have an impact on BD/India trade as it was only a few months at end of fiscal year and the trade in goods continued unimpeded pretty much across the border.

Last edited:
"Dumping ground"?

US has a massive trade deficit with rest of the world and so are they are a dumping ground?

BD does not believe in protectionism and so has deficits with certain countries like India as food and some other products like cotton are cheaper and/or only available from those countries and surpluses with others like the West.

India on the other hand knows it cannot compete with BD in the electronics sector(+ many others) and so is trying dirty tactics which will only harm the Indian consumer with higher prices and poor quality.

To look at why the Indians are playing nasty we can see the following trend.

Year BD Trade Deficit with India

2018 - 8 billion US dollars
2019 - 6.5 billion US dollars
2020 - 6.0 billion US dollars - Corona virus did not really have an impact on BD/India trade as it was only a few months at end of fiscal year and the trade in goods continued unimpeded pretty much across the border.
You keep saying as if Bangladesh is some electronics mecca. Your exports to the entire world is only $12 million. How delusional can you guys be? India don't do underhanded tactics specific to any country. 'Source country' requirement is for all countries not just to Bangladesh. But Bangladeshis as we all know are eternal cry babies.

Don't just believe news articles about how great Walton is. Just give us stats. A company that exported barely 8 million worth of electronics, how great can they be.

And China will always be light years ahead of you Mr Wannabe Superpower
You keep saying as if Bangladesh is some electronics mecca. Your exports to the entire world is only $12 million. How delusional can you guys be? India don't do underhanded tactics specific to any country. 'Source country' requirement is for all countries not just to Bangladesh. But Bangladeshis as we all know are eternal cry babies.

Don't just believe news articles about how great Walton is. Just give us stats. A company that exported barely 8 million worth of electronics, how great can they be.

People shitted on Tesla and Toyota saying how bad they were , LOOK AT THEM NOW fucking exactly. No one here is acting like Walton is superior they're just appreciating that Walton actually got that far. But of course your 2 IQ brain couldn't comprehend that.
Sometimes it's better to read up a bit. India get $50 billion FDI a year for a $3 trillion economy. China get $150 billion a year with $15 trillion economy. According to you genius, who is getting more per economy? What about your country? How come you have such brilliant FDI inflows of less than $2 billion for supposedly best economy in South Asia. Lol.

Please don't include yourself with countries with proven export prowess. Except for Chaddis, Gunny bags, no body takes you seriously. I mean, I would be embarrassed to even think about talking in your lines if my country's export were $12 million in the field.

No body f cares about your opinion. Lungis butt slapping each other makes no difference to me. Lol.

Indians constantly brag about their bullshit , why can't we ? You guys couldn't even handle China and now you stoop to the level of Bangladesh how pathetic :disagree:

What is hillarious is 2 inch **** dhotis wanna be super power now falling behind bangladesh in gdp per capita.

Toilet less dhotis will now complete with Somalia to feel better.

And China will always be light years ahead of you Mr Wannabe Superpower

People shitted on Tesla and Toyota saying how bad they were , LOOK AT THEM NOW fucking exactly. No one here is acting like Walton is superior they're just appreciating that Walton actually got that far. But of course your 2 IQ brain couldn't comprehend that.

Indians constantly brag about their bullshit , why can't we ? You guys couldn't even handle China and now you stoop to the level of Bangladesh how pathetic :disagree:

Abey dumbo, you can appreciate Walton as much as you want. But read the OP, billi wants to show India that walton is superior with $8 million exports. Why not export to other countries first? Why diss on India all the time like a pathetic loser.
What is hillarious is 2 inch **** dhotis wanna be super power now falling behind bangladesh in gdp per capita.

Toilet less dhotis will now complete with Somalia to feel better.
Lets ask BBS to say tomorrow Bangladesh crossed US in percapita with 3000 new car sales and 7 million smartphone sales. 1000 bikes per day. Lol. With per capita electricity consumption 1/100th of US.

This is not even a insult. Lungis pole valuting into India and getting killed is the insult.

You are still using the word lungi which is also your traditional dress. And bengal/bangladesh is their traditional land you moron. Its farmers moving over a land which they tilled for thousands of years. Just because some people draw a line on border means a thousands of years of civilization will stop moving ?
Ofcourse a brahmin like you will never understand what farming means or building means - when did you guys build anything like ever ?
Most decent people in the world would say having a temple just to run away from india to a distant land which eats beef is most pathetic insult to an indian nationalist not a farmer crossing his ancestral border.
Is Pakistan part of Asia or not? Is India going down relative to Pakistan as well. Lol. Mumbai corporation budget is more than entire Sindh budget. I mean what are we talking about here. It's like I am talking to a complete fool.

We already have a country called India. May be Sindhis could use a Sindhudesh.

No you dont really have a country. Your prime minister neither marries in to your lot nor speaks your language. Its just a delusion that indians are a nation - they just arent.

Pakistan has problems with economy ofcourse but atleast they have diginity - they stand eyeball to eyeballl at a country which has 6 times more people and 10 times more gdp.

The worst and most badly together country in the world - which is also a humanitarian disaster waiting to happen at the drop of a hat (a trailer is already seen during corona) - is india.

Never heard of them or seen them advertised here but I'd buy Walton or any other if it's a quality product and good bang for buck.

BDs should also have the chance to buy our cars/bikes and open up their economy to our regional aviation guys etc.

Never heard of them or seen them advertised here but I'd buy Walton or any other if it's a quality product and good bang for buck.

BDs should also have the chance to buy our cars/bikes and open up their economy to our regional aviation guys etc.

Thier economy is already pretty open. They even have china coming to them. It is india which has problems being an open economy - both usa and china have scolded india on it.

Thier economy is already pretty open. They even have china coming to them. It is india which has problems being an open economy - both usa and china have scolded india on it.
we're opening up more than ever with the BJP guys but we need a bit of common sense protectionism too in the absence of fair bilateral trade deals with the nations and economic blocks of the world.

Back
Top Bottom