What's new

Bhagavad Gita Must Be Declared National Scripture: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj

I agree and if those demand come from the people, it should be seriously considered cause those also originated here.

Acknowledging things which originated in India irrespective of the religion is a good idea according to me.

But then muslims will feel alienated.

Again---stay away.

I wish they would hurry up though. When I read Amit Shah's interview we seem headed in the right direction, but even he had to say there are plenty of things that needs to be done yet.
Once you keep raising the bar,people will naturally forget things.
for example, if you draw two lines side by side one smaller and one bigger naturally the bigger line will look big and important, how to make that bigger line look unimportant? by drawing a even bigger line than the previous one which will make the old one look small in comparison .
There are plenty of things we need to do, but i am happy that the present government is looking at long term strategy than short term "Shock and awe" strategy.

Last edited:
If the government finds it compelling to have a divine national emblem, why not collecting all the sacred principles into one book and declare it to be a national script?
I support this!! :)

But I'm sure you do know the real reason behind why Gita is being snubbed.

scorpionx said:
No disagreement here. Some of the teachings might seem to be strongly relevant in day to day life now.
oh so finally we agree on more than one point? :D

It seems the women are in love with Mohan ji because of his mustache. These Indian women I tell you :rofl: On a serious note I'd recommend the RSS conduct an RSS JEE entrance exam so that intellectual and dynamic individuals become part of the organization. Too many loons are now an integral part of the RSS which pushes the intellectuals away from the ideology. I admire the social work that the RSS does and has done though :)
@SarthakGanguly

better idea... when obomba visits india next year, modi and sushma swaraj should gift obomba a gita and order him to make gita the national book of usa... modi and sushma can easily convince gita because of the glorious gita-soaked high-culture of india of the last 2800 years... heaven was india, except for those evil invaders now and then. :angry:
FYI, Bhagawad GITA is taught in all business schools and corporate MNC's of USA nowadays.
You are just jealous that GITA is being made a national scripture, i know deep down you are burning inside, but what can you do about it? NOTHING!!!

But then muslims will feel alienated.

Again---stay away.
Sufi culture and Music was an offshoot of Islam and if Muslims demand it why not?

Im not sure if there is any other important things for Mulisms which originated in India, if there are then yes, it would be awesome.

It would be nice that govt. can have a repository of all the remaining works of Sufi Music so that it does not disappear for those who want to listen to those master pieces.

Sufi culture and Music was an offshoot of Islam and if Muslims demand it why not?

Im not sure if there is any other important things for Mulisms which originated in India, if there are then yes, it would be awesome.

It would be nice that govt. can have a repository of all the remaining works of Sufi Music so that it does not disappear for those who want to listen to those master pieces.

We better focus on important issues than this pointless debate.

We better focus on important issues than this pointless debate.

These which are of this land, how can they be not important? Its part of our history and history is as important as the future.
I am also ok if people do not demand it, but if there is some kind of movement regarding this I will definitely support it.

These which are of this land, how can they be not important? Its part of our history and history is as important as the future.
I am also ok if people do not demand it, but if there is some kind of movement regarding this I will definitely support it.

Define a movement??
Whats the cutoff?

Gita is of importance to hindus but not to all indians.
Its not wise to use religious scripture to represent a nation like india.
Goi should stay away from religion.

I will know when I see it, presently I see only one Minister who said it and that is useless.

There,u have ur answer.
There are much more important issues at hand now.

But Sufism developed due to an overlap of Islam and Buddhism as per your article. And the followers were mostly Muslims.

Muslims absorbed the spirituality of Buddhism into the dogmatic Sharia of the Qu'ran. The good news is that they only managed to absorb around 20% of eastern spirituality. The Sufis also learnt the breathing techniques from the Yogis in India.

There,u have ur answer.
There are much more important issues at hand now.
The movement is not there but I did not like the way the debate went towards secularism, it should be separated from secularism. Cause its about the history of India and the important things which shaped its character.

Back
Top Bottom