What's new

Bhagat Singh Terrorist or freedom fighter????

fighters against any invasion are freedom fighters or all are terrorists simple as that.

:lol: mistakenly ?

he dint have advance weapons at that time otherwise he would have used. simple as that.
Your Kashmiri freedom fighter fags kill innocent Pandits and Shias whereas Bhagat Singh was a martyr who most people looked up to.

I agree with the view that the definition of terrorist varies with nationality. One who is considered a mass murderer and fanatic psychopath in West may not be looked in a similar way in distant East. But should we be remain confused about the course of action taken by Bhagat Singh and his compatriots if these are terrorist act or not? Bhagat Singh did not murder any innocent civilians. He mistakenly killed the John Saunders, Assistant Superintendent of Police whom Bhagat Singh and his associates thought to be J.A Scott the person who allegedly beaten up Lala Lajpat Rai to death.

Bhagat Singh threw a harmless bomb in Central Legislative assembly, away from the seated members "to make a deaf hear." It did not hurt anyone present. Can these be imagined today or expected from today's terrorists? Do these incidents suggest that he was a terrorist? I guess not.These acts do not conform with the idea of terrorism we evidence today where thousands of innocents are being killed in the name of religion and in the name of preserving peace. There is no scope to remain perplexed in this matter in any way.

Harmless bomb lol so those Indian Mujahideen members who were arrested recently should be released because they were carrying "harmless bombs", they didn't kill anyone either unlike Bhagat. Mistakenly killing someone is still murder in all civilized countries. He was terrorist through and through.

1929 Assembly bomb throwing incident
Singh had for some time been exploiting the power of drama as a means to inspire revolt against the British, purchasing a magic lantern to show slides that enlivened his talks about revolutionaries who had died as a result of the Kakori Conspiracy, such as Ram Prasad Bismil. In 1929, he proposed a dramatic act to the HSRA with the intention of gaining massive publicity for their aims.[14] Influenced by Auguste Vaillant, a French anarchist who had bombed the Chamber of Deputies in Paris,[25] Singh's plan was to explode a bomb inside the Central Legislative Assembly. The nominal intention was to protest against the Public Safety Bill and the Trade Dispute Act, which had been rejected by the Assembly but were being enacted by the Viceroy using his special powers; the actual intention was for the perpetrators to get themselves arrested so that they could use appearances in court as a stage to publicise their cause.[15]

The HSRA leadership were initially opposed to Singh participating in the bombing because they were certain that his prior involvement in the Saunders shooting would means that his arrest on this occasion would ultimately result in his execution. However, they eventually determined that he was their most suitable candidate. On 8 April 1929, Singh, accompanied by Batukeshwar Dutt, threw two bombs into the Assembly chamber from its public gallery while it was in session. In accordance with the plan, no-one was killed by the explosions, although some members were injured, including George Ernest Schuster, the finance member of the Viceroy's Executive Council.[26][27][28] The smoke from the bomb filled the Assembly and if they had chosen then they probably could have escaped in the confusion; instead they stayed, shouting slogans of Inquilab Zindabad! ("Down with Imperialism!") and showered leaflets. The two men were arrested and subsequently moved through a series of jails in the Delhi area.[29] Gandhi, once again, issued strong words of disapproval for their deed.[20]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarfaroshi ki tamanna ab hamaare dil mein hai
Dekhna hai zor kitna baazu-e-qaatil mein hai

aye watan Karta nahin kyun doosra kuch baat-cheet
Dekhta hun main jise woh chup teri mehfil mein hai
Aye shaheed-e-mulk-o-millat main tere oopar nisaar
Ab teri himmat ka charcha ghair ki mehfil mein hai

Waqt aanay dey bata denge tujhe aye aasman
Hum abhi se kya batayen kya hamare dil mein hai
Khainch kar layee hai sab ko qatl hone ki ummeed
Aashiqon ka aaj jumghat koocha-e-qaatil mein hai

Hai liye hathiyaar dushman taak mein baitha udhar
Aur hum taiyyaar hain seena liye apna idhar
Khoon se khelenge holi gar vatan muskhil mein hai

Haath jin mein ho junoon katt te nahi talvaar se
Sar jo uth jaate hain voh jhukte nahi lalkaar se
Aur bhadkega jo shola-sa humaare dil mein hai

Hum to ghar se nikle hi the baandhkar sar pe kafan
Jaan hatheli par liye lo barh chale hain ye qadam
Zindagi to apni mehmaan maut ki mehfil mein hai

Yuun khadaa maqtal mein qaatil kah rahaa hai baar baar
Kya tamannaa-e-shahaadat bhi kisee ke dil mein hai
Dil mein tuufaanon ki toli aur nason mein inqilaab
Hosh dushman ke udaa denge humein roko na aaj
Duur reh paaye jo humse dam kahaan manzil mein hai

Wo jism bhi kya jism hai jismein na ho khoon-e-junoon
Toofaanon se kya lade jo kashti-e-saahil mein hai

Sarfaroshi ki tamanna ab hamaare dil mein hai.
Dekhna hai zor kitna baazuay qaatil mein hai.[7]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Somebody made a comparison with OBL. The sonnovabitch was making babies in Pakistan for months. Bhagat Singh was not playing hide n seek, he'd been himself there, had done everything himself. So if a Mujahideen thinks himself to be true he better be like Bhagat Singh, otherwise he is a khusra who can multiply.

Your Kashmiri freedom fighter fags kill innocent Pandits and Shias whereas Bhagat Singh was a martyr who most people looked up to.

You mean terrorists like Mast Gul who was once a freedom fighter for Pakistanis and now Mast Gul is bombing Shias in Pakistan.

@KingMamba
All seriousness of your post was lost when you compared IM with Bhagat Singh. The former is guilty of innocent civilians multiple times. Google it.

The point stands due to recent news, there is no such thing as "harmless bombs". :lol:

pags did you already forget humiliation by aborginal hindus in 84? Or Delhi when your kind was massacred after revenge by couple of ghairatmand sikhs?

One operation was needed to wipe out all your ghairat, you guys are no better then bhaiyas biharis you will soon become. Have some shame.
Seriously bro, you need to stop referring to Hindus as "aboriginal" without any basis. Also 1984 is a nasty subject for Sikhs but we have moved past that so like I said please stop.

@KingMamba
Harmless bombs have been used innumerous times in freedom history all over the world. But this is not my point. To me the difference between a freedom fighter and a terrorist is amply clear. One who kills any representative of a foreign oppresive regime for his motherland is a freedom fighter and who killed innocents in 2008 Mumbai with AKs was a terrorist scum. It is not rocket science so that I have to remain puzzled.

@KingMamba
Harmless bombs have been used innumerous times in freedom history all over the world. But this is not my point. To me the difference between a freedom fighter and a terrorist is amply clear. One who kills any representative of a foreign oppresive regime for his motherland is a freedom fighter and who killed innocents in 2008 Mumbai with AKs was a terrorist scum. It is not rocket science so that I have to remain puzzled.

So if Kashmiris target Indian police and soldiers, along with members of the so called Kashmiri government they will be considered freedom fighters? Also the people who aid that foreign regime?

@KingMamba

Bringing Kashmir just wont bolster your arguments. I can too bring similar arguments which will be uncomfortable to you to grasp but it will not lead us anywhere.

@KingMamba

Bringing Kashmir just wont bolster your arguments. I can too bring similar arguments which will be uncomfortable to you to grasp but it will not lead us anywhere.

Fair enough just proves your double standards, you cannot pick and choose the definition of terrorist when it suits you. Have a good day.

I have a question for my Pakistani brothers, whom do you not consider from the list below as a freedom fighter against the British? If I was you, I would rate the people based on the hardships they'd to go through and the sacrifices they made.. ( No doughnuts for guessing, the hint is inline the post)
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
Kazi Nazrul Islam
Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed
Abul Kalam Azad
Ali Jawad Zaidi
Ashfaqullah Khan
Mukhtar Ahmed Ansari
Rafi Ahmad Kidwai
Zakir Hussain
Abdul Bari
Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
Shah Nawaz Khan (general)
S. K. Amin
Mohammad Ali Jinnah

Seriously bro, you need to stop referring to Hindus as "aboriginal" without any basis. Also 1984 is a nasty subject for Sikhs but we have moved past that so like I said please stop.

That kind of post deserve similar answer.

@scorpionx @Spring Onion @KingMamba

Hey guys why don`t we look at it this way :

Gandhi and Nehru strongly condemned this act of Bhagat Singh as madness and lunacy , On the other hand Mr. Jinnah , while distancing himself from violent methods , defended "terrorist "Bhagat Singh and other revolutionaries in the legislative assembly and blamed the British rulers for driving the young patriots to adopt such means !!!

Nehru denounced the young men (Bhagat Singh and his comrades) as lunatics and their actions as the work of lunatics ! The young men in the court parenthetically retorted that they were not lunatics , but believed in using all weapons to wrest freedom from alien yoke (Though Nehru repented later and applauded their courage)
(See C.S.Ranga Iyer, India--peace or war , Bombay 1930 , p.230)

Gandhi wrote in Young India on 18 April 1929 that congressmen should not give even secret approval to the deed and condemned the action of Bhagat Singh as madness
(Young India , 31 january 1929)

When Bhagat Singh threw a bomb in the assembly , there was a terrible deafening explosion . All the members started fleeing in terror . Only 3 to 4 people seemed to keep their wits about them , One of them was Jinnah who remained in his seat
(Corrine Friend , Yashpal looks back , New Delhi 1981 , p.52)

Still Jinnah spoke in favour of these revolutionaries in the Assembly on 12 September 1929 :

I think I am speaking on behalf of a very large body of people , when I say that , if there is sympathy and admiration of the accused , it is only to this extent that they are victims to system of government .
.... The government goes to war against these young men . They seem to me in this frame of mind `we will pursue every possible course , every possible method , but will see that you are either sent to the gallows or transported for life and in the mean time we will not treat you as decent men `

It is the system , this damnable system of government ,which is resented by the people ... But remember there are thousands of people outside [legislature]. This is not the only country where these actions are resorted to . It has happened in other countries , not youth , but the grey bearded men have committed serious offenses moved by patriotic impulses

(Legislative Assembly Debates , 12 Sept 1929 , Vol. IV , p 752-753)

Jinnah further said :

Do you not realise yourself if you open your eyes , that there is resentment , universal resentment against your policy , against your programme .. Behave as a human and decent Government and that is enough for you .
(Legislative Assembly Debates , 12 Sept 1929 , Vol. IV , p 763-764)

Back
Top Bottom