What's new

BGB killed 4 Myanmar military members in response to unprovoked attack and killing 1 BGB member

Dude, I don't understand shit and I'm a Bangali. Would be preposterous to claim it's related to Burmese and good news for you, no one did! Subset of Bengali or not, it takes centuries to diverge this much. If you can scientifically prove Rohingya as a subest of Bengali, would you hand over Arakan as a subset of Bangladesh? :p:

Lungi? Hard to control? Possibility of losing it?? My friend, I don't understand. :)
what's ur theory..? :O we already said they are bangali then immgrate into myanmar.... why we hand over arkran to u..? idiot.. dont dream.... if so we immegrate into BD.. then BD is ours... shits... F**** idiot..

what's ur theory..? :O we already said they are bangali then immgrate into myanmar.... why we hand over arkran to u..? idiot.. dont dream.... if so we immegrate into BD.. then BD is ours... shits... F**** idiot..
be civilesed pleasd !

Dude, I don't understand shit and I'm a Bangali. Would be preposterous to claim it's related to Burmese and good news for you, no one did! Subset of Bengali or not, it takes centuries to diverge this much. If you can scientifically prove Rohingya as a subest of Bengali, would you hand over Arakan as a subset of Bangladesh? :p:

Lungi? Hard to control? Possibility of losing it?? My friend, I don't understand. :)

Lets be honest with our Myanmar guests here, the Rohingya language is similar to Chittagonian, which is a different dialect of Bengali just like Sylheti, much different from most other Bengali regional dialects. In fact Chittagonian is so different that unless someone lives there significant time, Chittagonian is not immediately understandable by most Bangladeshi's although Sylheti is much more easily understood.

Here is a brief history of Chittagong and Arakan:
Pashtun rule of northren Burma, Arakan state
History of Rakhine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kingdom of Mrauk U - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chittagong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The excavation of Neolithic fossils and tools in Sitakunda, Chittagong District indicate the presence of Stone Age settlements in the region as early as the third millennium BCE.[19] The earliest historical records of the Port of Chittagong date back to the 4th century BC, when sailors from the area embarked on voyages to Southeast Asia. The 2nd century Graeco-Roman geographer Ptolemy mentioned the port on his map as one of the finest harbours in Asia and the eastern frontier of the Indian subcontinent.[20] The 7th century traveling Chinese scholar and poet Xuanzang described it as "a sleeping beauty emerging from mists and water".[21][22]

The region was part of the ancient Bengali Buddhist kingdoms of Harikela and Samatata. According to Tibetan chronicles, the area was the capital of the Buddhist king Govindachandra and the site of a major monastery called Pandit Vihara. Arab and Persian traders arrived in the 8th century, and the region emerged as a major trading centre on the maritime silk route, renowned for its pearls, rice, and textiles.[23] Chittagong also attracted many Sufi missionaries who settled in the region and played an instrumental role in the spread of Islam.[21][17] In 1231, Chittagong was seized by the Deva dynasty under the reign of Damodaradeva.[24]

Sultan Fakhruddin Mubarak Shah of Sonargaon conquered Chittagong in 1340.[25] He constructed a highway from Chittagong to Chandpur and ordered the construction of lavish mosques and tombs.[26]The Moroccan explorer Ibn Battuta visited the city in 1443 and sailed from the port to Canton in China.[27] The Italian merchant Niccolò de' Conti visited the city around the same time as Battuta.[28]In the mid-15th century, the Chinese Treasure Fleet of Admiral Zheng He anchored in the port during numerous imperial missions to the Sultanate of Bengal.[29] The Ottoman Empire utilized the shipyards of Chittagong to build its naval forces.[30] After the defeat of Mahmud Shah at the hands of Sher Shah in 1538, the Arakanese Kingdom of Mrauk U conquered Chittagong. The Portuguese established merchant communities on the banks of the Karnaphuli in 1528. In collusion with Magh pirates and the Arakanese, Portuguese traders dominated the area for more than a century.[31][32] The Mughal commander Shayestha Khan and his son Buzurg Umed Khan expelled the Arakanese from the area in 1666 and established Mughal rule there. After the Arakanese expulsion, Islamabad, as the area came to be known, economically progressed. This can mainly be attributed to an efficient system of land-grants to selected diwans or faujdars to clear massive areas of hinterland and start cultivation. The Mughals, similar to the Afghans who came earlier, also built mosques having a rich contribution to the architecture in the area.[clarification needed] What is called Chittagong today also began to have improved connections with the rest of Mughal Bengal.[7][28][31][32][33][34][35][36][37]

In 1685, the British East India Company sent out an expedition under Admiral Nicholson with instructions to seize Chittagong and fortify it on behalf of the English but the expedition proved abortive. Two years later, the Court of Directors, determined to make Chittagong the headquarters of their Bengal trade, sent out a fleet of ten or eleven ships to seize it under Captain Heath. However, after reaching Chittagong in early 1689, they found the city too strongly held and abandoned the attempt. The city remained under the possession of the Mughals until 1760 when it was ceded to the East India Company by Mir Qasim, the Nawab of Bengal.[38][39]"

learn some manners!

Lets be honest with our Myanmar guests here, the Rohingya language is similar to Chittagonian, which is a different dialect of Bengali just like Sylheti, much different from most other Bengali regional dialects.

I know. I think I heard somewhere that they are mutually intelligible. But Chittagonian itself is considered a language in its own right, separate from Bengali but in the same language family (a subcategory of Eastern Indo-European), and not mutually intelligible with Bengali elsewhere.

And thanks for the historical background.

learn some manners!

Don't be so harsh. It's a Burmese ( :mamba: ), so cut him some slack!

So how does it feel to be below a jungleny? What did they Brits call you?

Who gives a crap about the Brits as if we care what they think.

BD is growing nicely and garments are providing employment and foreign exchange while other sectors
like shipbuilding, electronics, IT and pharmaceuticals develop.

So how does it feel to be below a jungle bunny? What did they Brits call you?
Nobody cares the British . British empire is a dead horse now ! And you must be a child soldier in moga army wearing sandal ! I see you very hostile and uncivilized .

Last edited:
It's funny when you try to be racist because you people are at the bottom of the ladder.

Oh and now calling Burmese a Burmese is racism!!

So how does it feel to be below a jungle bunny? What did they Brits call you?

Feels great, because the Brits and the entire world respects us more than the jungle bunnies up the ladder. You need to climb down to get civilized. :bunny:

Oh and now calling Burmese a Burmese is racism!!

Feels great, because the Brits and the entire world respects us more than the jungle bunnies up the ladder. You need to climb down to get civilized. :bunny:

Could not say it any better myself... :enjoy:

:-) Only in your imagination.

Nobody cares the British . British empire is a dead horse now ! And you must be a child soldier in moga army wearing sandal ! I see you very hostile and uncivilized .

How have I been hostile and uncivilised, my stupid friend? Have you managed to figure out the difference between a linguist and a lungi?

:-) Only in your imagination.

How have I been hostile and uncivilised, my stupid friend? Have you managed to figure out the difference between a linguist and a lungi?
keep-calm-and-go-fvck-yourself-1.png

how rude :o:

မေအလိုးကုလားေလး ေတာ္ေတာ္႐ိုင္းတယ္ျဗိဳ

Back
Top Bottom