What's new

Best State in India and Pakistan?

I hate Periyar dude. He did incalculable damage in some areas whose effects are only visible today. In comparison I prefer Ambedkar who had a vision.

And those black shirts (periyar followers) number hardly greater than 10K out of our total population. They are a dying breed thankfully. Perhaps they can also be sent to Bangladesh as a package deal..:P

But matter of fact is, today's Tamil society is modeled after the ideology of Periyar just as today's Bengal society is modeled after other reformer who were allergic to the version of Hinduism RSS preach.

In fact your idology won't get you vote anywhere except in Gujrat where society is hopelessly communally divided. Ask LK Advani, the ironman of yesteryear. ;)

Oh bc....that tac nuke thingy was supposed to be in jest......You seriously thought I was suggesting nuking that...::hitwall:

Anyway editing that...people cant even get sarcasm these days :rolleyes:

But matter of fact is, today's Tamil society is modeled after the ideology of Periyar just as today's Bengal society is modeled after other reformer who were allergic to the version of Hinduism RSS preach.

Hmm no it aint. The glory days of dravidian nationalism and brahmin hating are long gone.

Regarding the Bengali society....I also know one more state with a mirror image of the Bengali thought process that used to take great pride in being like this, another communist paradise nearer home and I also know how things are there now. So lets not get there. Harpoon machu..sorry...::rolleyes:

In fact your idology won't get you vote anywhere except in Gujrat where society is hopelessly communally divided. Ask LK Advani, the ironman of yesteryear. ;)

BJP rules or in ruling coalition in about 7 states dude.

My idealogy ? You dont know anything about my idealogy. I'm far more secular than all you guys put together. Being secular is not about how much you will accept being discriminated against and how much you will suck up to the minority..its simply about not mixing religion and politics while at an individual level not allowing yourself to be treated like a second class just because you are numerically larger.

Now you may ask if you are secular why support BJP..? Is there any party that does not mix religion with politics today in India..? No...nonewhatsoever...so until and unless a truly secular party comes I support a party that I perceive is the lesser of the two evils and voices the concerns of the Hindus..its purely an opportunistic move.

Hmm no it aint. The glory days of dravidian nationalism and brahmin hating are long gone.

Still the matter of fact is Bengal is fast becoming another 90's Bihar. I also know one more state that used to take great pride in being like this, another communist paradise nearer home and I also know how things are there now. So lets not get there. Harpoon machu..sorry...::rolleyes:

Its okay..we go outside country (mainly) for jobs and Bengalis come to Kerala for jobs..Commies help commies.

This thread is about best states of India.

That does not necessarily come at the cost of other states.

Why are some of you raising ugly regionalism issues here - on a Pakistani forum?

This thread is about best states of India.

That does not necessarily come at the cost of other states.

Why are some of you raising ugly regionalism issues here - on a Pakistani forum?

its not about regionalism its about corrupt pseudu secularism vs progressive hindu nationalism

Still the matter of fact is Bengal is fast becoming another 90's Bihar. I also know one more state that used to take great pride in being like this, another communist paradise nearer home and I also know how things are there now. So lets not get there. Harpoon machu..sorry...::rolleyes:

BJP rules or in ruling coalition in about 7 states dude.

90's Bihar is hard to match and I don't think Bengal with it's 6.5 HDI, 80 percent literacy, still standing tall institutions even after 3 decades of communist imbecility and near absence of social evils like casteism, dowry deaths, honor killings, communal riots etc, I don't think Bengal stand a chance. Yes we are not as rich as gujjus or tamils on average, but what's the point of being rich when all you gonna do is to eat dhokla and idlli! :P

I have great respect for Kerala, except some occasional mishap, they showed how rest of India should be like.

Not BJP, but NDA. There's a difference, ask Nitish Kumar. ;)

Impressive arguments. Must have sat up and worked it out overnight.

And the opposing party will exercise their right ti stop it.

I hope you understand that they have no right to stop a legal proceeding. Not unless you want to plead wounded feelings and take the law into your own hands.

I say this knowing that the Sangh Parivar has never managed to get what it wanted constitutionally. It has always taken to the street, and always got its way through maiming and killing people.

Bcs of your previous comment:

Oh, right, how could we forget?

Its not the will of majority that was implemented in JNU, but the law had taken its course there unless and until you also have problem with the law concerned.

I completely approve of the court decision. The organizers of the festival were exercising their rights, but they did not have to do so in a way calculated to incite known trouble-makers. The law says that the JNU students could do what they wanted. The law also says that the authorities can step in when there is a breach of the peace expected. Essentially the law has been upheld, but it was a precautionary decision against the bad intentions of the opponents of the JNU students.

As you said earlier cow is slaughtered in Bangalore where cow slaughter ban is there, but the authorities remain silent..but went into action in JNU. Why this

Why ask me? Did I express approval of a breach of the law? Am I representing the Bangalore authorities, who are BJP, in case you have forgotten?

That the BJP ie hypocritical and uses the issues it raises only as an excuse to bash Muslims is something we established in the Shah Bano case, where they screamed themselves purple in the face and rioted around while not in power, and promptly shoved it under the carpet the moment they got into power.

Same here.

Cow slaughter is a big deal as long as they are in opposition. It makes a big splash. Once they are in, you have yourself described their behaviour as hypocritical (if you kindly permit me to spell it my own peculiar pro-western way).

Bcs Muslims were the only group from pre 1947 India to get their own homeland based on their religion.

The Sikhs.

My idealogy ? You dont know anything about my idealogy. I'm far more secular than all you guys put together. Being secular is not about how much you will accept being discriminated against and how much you will suck up to the minority..its simply about not mixing religion and politics while at an individual level not allowing yourself to be treated like a second class just because you are numerically larger.

Now you may ask if you are secular why support BJP..? Is there any party that does not mix religion with politics today in India..? No...nonewhatsoever...so until and unless a truly secular party comes I support a party that I perceive is the lesser of the two evils and voices the concerns of the Hindus..its purely an opportunistic move.

Okay dude that was just an opportunistic post. Your definition of secularism is flawless but your speaks different. I don't mind if you are hindu nationalist or whatever rss guys identify themselves with as long as your posts are logical. By claiming to be secular you are just replicating the entity you hate the most, Congress.

Okay dude that was just an opportunistic post. Your definition of secularism is flawless but your speaks different. I don't mind if you are hindu nationalist or whatever rss guys identify themselves with as long as your posts are logical. By claiming to be secular you are just replicating the entity you hate the most, Congress.

which political party do you support

Not BJP, but NDA. There's a difference, ask Nitish Kumar. ;)

NDA in just two states..In five states it is BJP. Nitish Kumar is just bluffing. He knows his only shot at PM residence is if he is a part of NDA and not in UPA or in the mythical third front where he as to compete with the likes of Mulayam Singh. He needs BJP more than BJP needs him. The upper caste and the other kattar Hindu vote is coming to him only because of BJP and his gamble on the muslim vote is exactly what it is - because he can never hope to match the 'secular' credentials of Lalu, who will rename Patna to Azim abad if he comes to power. Now beat that. If BJP goes alone and Modi campaigns in Bihar, I could easily see the many OBC votes also coming to BJP because Modi himself is an OBC.

I'll not respond to the the first part as I could see it de-railing the thread...Perhaps some other thread, some other day..But one thing I'll tell. What you people say now, I have heard my neighbouring state people say before. Now they are seeing the effects of it. Make no mistake, Bengal will see that same thing one day too.

Your definition of secularism is flawless but your speaks different. I don't mind if you are hindu nationalist or whatever rss guys identify themselves with as long as your posts are logical. By claiming to be secular you are just replicating the entity you hate the most, Congress.

No I dont speak different...please quote one post of mine where I have said any minority must be treated as second class or something to that effect. Indians are so conditioned to think of secularism as supporting minorities, no matter what, that anything to the contrary - like my views - that no one should get special treatment just because of their religion, get automatically branded as hindu supremacist views. Its as simple as that. I know where I stand and frankly speaking its higher ground that many of the people out there.

Have been living in Ahmadabad (Gujarat) from 5 years....Very good state, i have been impressed with Police and municipal authorities here....They do there job....:enjoy:

Sure.

There's one officer who is in court for getting into an extortion racket with a minister, which involved killing people in cold blood.

The others, to a man, looked away when they were told to look away, and allowed 700+ Muslims to be slaughtered.

Great guys.

Have been living in Ahmadabad (Gujarat) from 5 years....Very good state, i have been impressed with Police and municipal authorities here....They do there job....:enjoy:

Yeah I agree..great state, great people, great CM and great administration. Its only the food that is the sticking point for southies like me who are bred on a uber-spicy meaty diet.

Back
Top Bottom