What's new

Beretta ARX-160 for Pakistani SWAT teams.

they look very well equipped ..
what is the name of the gun in brown color ? is it scral ?

This is BHUTTO DEFENDERS....and they reach bilawal house under police security...i read a thread about them on pakwheels forum.....so, they are irrelevant as well....cuz they are threat for common man if they are meant for the security of VIP....

this is probably the new anti terrorist force for punjab which was under training, and was supposed to be under the interior ministry .....

These guys definitely look like something other than ordinary police men. These are big guys. Never knew Pakistani police really focused on SWAT teams.... anyone got more info?

Lalay that is not some Counter Terrorist force but SSU Sindh - Special Security Unit, tasked with the Vip Security in Karachi, and i wouldnt be surprise with them carrying ARX, as these guys pack some heavy gear anyway, one of the best tactical gear i have seen among SWAT teams in Pakistan....@rescueranger why is that not all teams are brought to the same standard in terms of gear??? Whenever i see these guys they are fully loaded, lock and loaded, proactive and high speed movements, but i cannot say the same for Punjab Police Elite

Sir bara acha question poocha hain ap ney. Please allow me to explain:

Thank you for asking, yes the picture if of SINDH Police SSU. SSU has a SWAT and a VIP protection unit, the picture is of SWAT members.

To answer your question

1. SSU members are selected from within "fresh entry" non service, Sindh Police Elite Force.
2. Sindh Police Elite Force and SSU have separate budget, which is not the case with Elite Police or ATS
3. Sindh Government spent 2Billion Rupees to set up SSU: Rs2b splurge by Sindh police weighs heavily on its officers – The Express Tribune
3. Punjab Police Elite Force Budget for 2014-2015: is a paltry Rs892.374 million : Punjab budget 2014-15: Police, Rescue and Prisons – The Express Tribune

Now consider the following:
SINDH

Population of Karachi 23.5 million Estimated
Land Mass: 3,527 sq km
SSU Strength: 1,435

PUNJAB
Population of Punjab: 80 Million Estimated
Land Mass: 79,284 sq mi
Elite Police Force (Punjab) Strength : 5,775
Budget: 892 Million ( Just for Elite Force, Punjab Police has a separate budget of Rs81.68 billion)

ISLAMABAD
Population of Islamabad 2 Million
Land Mass: 906 sq. km
ATS/CRT: *Reserved
Bravo Commando Strength:1500
Budget 4Billion rupees ( This budget is for the whole of Islamabad Police, not just for ATS)
---

And now, why I believe ATS/CRT Islamabad is the best Police CRT in Pakistan:
1. Only Police Unit trained in Fast Roping via Heli by SSG
2. The grand daddy of counter terrorist police units in Pakistan, NS first personal ELITE were trained by ATS instructors BTW
3. The first civilian Police Unit in Pakistan to be trained by the SSG, FBI, DOJ, French/German CT Units, BATFE
4. It was the Islamabad Police ATS range that was used in WARR
4. Some visual aids for your persuasion:
ATS18793.jpg
ATS2982.jpg
ATS20902.jpg
ATS10110.jpg
POFEYE-ISB.jpg
isb ats crt edited.jpg
ATS2872.jpg
ATSICITAP1091.jpg

^ THIS PHOTO HAS WEAPONS USED BY US INSTRUCTORS AND NOT STANDARD ATS ISSUE!

thanks all lot for the excellent post, but i didn't question the competency or the training of any ATS in Pakistan but my query was related to the gear they carry on routine duty. and the budget allocation of SSU sums it all up.
I have yet to see Islamabad ATS with their full gear on, same goes for Elite Police Punjab.
Sir bara acha question poocha hain ap ney. Please allow me to explain:

Thank you for asking, yes the picture if of SINDH Police SSU. SSU has a SWAT and a VIP protection unit, the picture is of SWAT members.

To answer your question

1. SSU members are selected from within "fresh entry" non service, Sindh Police Elite Force.
2. Sindh Police Elite Force and SSU have separate budget, which is not the case with Elite Police or ATS
3. Sindh Government spent 2Billion Rupees to set up SSU: Rs2b splurge by Sindh police weighs heavily on its officers – The Express Tribune
3. Punjab Police Elite Force Budget for 2014-2015: is a paltry Rs892.374 million : Punjab budget 2014-15: Police, Rescue and Prisons – The Express Tribune

Now consider the following:
SINDH

Population of Karachi 23.5 million Estimated
Land Mass: 3,527 sq km
SSU Strength: 1,435

PUNJAB
Population of Punjab: 80 Million Estimated
Land Mass: 79,284 sq mi
Elite Police Force (Punjab) Strength : 5,775
Budget: 892 Million ( Just for Elite Force, Punjab Police has a separate budget of Rs81.68 billion)

ISLAMABAD
Population of Islamabad 2 Million
Land Mass: 906 sq. km
ATS/CRT: *Reserved
Bravo Commando Strength:1500
Budget 4Billion rupees ( This budget is for the whole of Islamabad Police, not just for ATS)
---

And now, why I believe ATS/CRT Islamabad is the best Police CRT in Pakistan:
1. Only Police Unit trained in Fast Roping via Heli by SSG
2. The grand daddy of counter terrorist police units in Pakistan, NS first personal ELITE were trained by ATS instructors BTW
3. The first civilian Police Unit in Pakistan to be trained by the SSG, FBI, DOJ, French/German CT Units, BATFE
4. It was the Islamabad Police ATS range that was used in WARR
4. Some visual aids for your persuasion:
View attachment 185309 View attachment 185310 View attachment 185311 View attachment 185312 View attachment 185313 View attachment 185314 View attachment 185315 View attachment 185316
^ THIS PHOTO HAS WEAPONS USED BY US INSTRUCTORS AND NOT STANDARD ATS ISSUE!

thanks all lot for the excellent post, but i didn't question the competency or the training of any ATS in Pakistan but my query was related to the gear they carry on routine duty. and the budget allocation of SSU sums it all up.
I have yet to see Islamabad ATS with their full gear on, same goes for Elite Police Punjab.

Islamabad CRT is well geared, masla sara Paisa ka hain. As the old saying goes, Cash is King!

Im impreesed with new weapins with good training and new weapons u can defeat enemy it must be balanced uf u have good training and not good weapon u are almost sitting duck so must hace both

Politicians Protection Force! SSG still uses old US abandoned M4s and you give these jokers SCARs? Seriously?
What's the use of 5 kinds of weapons for 200-400 indivduals? It makes me sick that you guys think that looking cool and having good weapons is the only key to success.
I know officers who still prefer the AK to the M4! Making posses is all that our Police+SSU+ whatever shit that there is left is full of!

Back
Top Bottom