What's new

Bengali Nationalism a Threat to Bangladesh's National Security

Well most not but there are many syeds in Pakistan who claim arab ancestry even if they are fake. But one thing is i have never seen any Pakistani with AL name, only arabs have that. Bengalis also use similar names, no idea why.

Syeds are a different story; they're spread from Morocco to Malaysia as far as I know. Most Punjabis aren't Syed.

Look, most Pakistanis do not claim foreign ancestry, so you BDeshi'd need to stop dragging us along!
Also, Punjabis are the same people in both countries and no one here in Punjab denies that.
It's very noticeable to me Pakistanis and Indian Punjabis do look somewhat different. I have been to places like Southall where there are a lot of Sikhs. Indian punjabis look more Indic than their Pakistani Punjabi counterpart on average. There are some Pakistanis who still look very Indic but many show noticeable signs of West Asian admixture. Interestingly, Sikhs have higher Northeast Euro than Pakistani punjabis as far as Harappa database is concerned.

As for Pakistanis not claiming foreign ancestry, if anything, they are world famous for it. Every other Pakistani claims they are Iranian or Arab. Incidentally, they don't like to claim they are Afghan, the very people whom they likely received most external admixture from.

Last edited:
Just kidding mate, punjabis on both sides are similar. No idea what Bengalis are smoking, :lol:

Yeah, I just hope you weren't smoking some of that stuff too.

As for Pakistanis not claiming foreign ancestry, if anything, they are world famous for it. Every other Pakistani claim they are Iranian or Arab. Incidentally, they don't like to claim they are Afghan, the very people whom they likely received most external admixture from.

Oh, really? You should come to Pakistan and see if anyone agrees with that. But then again, you're the same guy who was making up statistics not too long ago, weren't you?

Chagu is a slang word used for Jamaat-Shibir terrorists. Chagu means Goat. Goat means Chagu. Jamaat means Chagu, Shibir means Chagu. Pakistan's national animal is Goat. So Bengalis call Jamaatis Chagu because of their devotion to Pakistan.

ছাগু

১. রাজাকার, রাজাকারের বাচ্চা।
২. বাঙালি / বাংলাদেশী হয়েও পাকিস্তান বা সৌদি আরব প্রেমী।

বিন. ব্লগ, ফেসবুকসহ অনলাইনে রাজাকারবিদ্বেষী গালিবিশেষ।

- See more at: ছাগু সংজ্ঞা, ছাগু অর্থ | Bangla Dictionary | অভিধান
When n where this terminology invented.man I am getting old.back in the days say 20 some years ago this term only ment "chagol chatroleag gunda" ( wich means awamileag student wing goat) it was a commonly used term in TSC.
Some one trying to be funny ,eh?

Look, most Pakistanis do not claim foreign ancestry, so you BDeshi'd need to stop dragging us along!
Also, Punjabis are the same people in both countries and no one here in Punjab denies that.
Look, i don't think many Bangladeshis do that either as they have more immediate priorities in life to worry about. much of the same is with Pakistanis. i don't know about any ratios of foreign:indigenous and certainly i wouldn't readily buy the "60%:40%". but the claim of some historical settlers from outside (who knows how many) is just a follow-up to total denial by Indians about that fact within current Bangladesh (or Pakistan for that matter). for many B'deshis "foreign" ancestry is not foreign per say, it's an obvious historical fact and the same is for many Pakistanis and subcontinental Muslims in general. but for Indians it's kind of a big deal and a somewhat political issue and related to the complex they suffer from. and that's why these overextended pointless discussions

It's very noticeable to me Pakistanis and Indian Punjabis do look somewhat different. I have been to places like Southall where there are a lot of Sikhs. Indian punjabis look more Indic than their Pakistani Punjabi counterpart on average. There are some Pakistanis who still look very Indic but many show noticeable signs of West Asian admixture.

As for Pakistanis not claiming foreign ancestry, if anything, they are world famous for it. Every other Pakistani claims they are Iranian or Arab. Incidentally, they don't like to claim they are Afghan, the very people whom they likely received most external admixture from.

You know what it depends on caste, maybe Indian sikhs in UK are mostly dalits. Its not fair comparision, you have to compare Indian jatts, khatris with Pakistani punjabis. Though no doubt a lot of mixig still happen between punjabi muslims and pashtun muslims. So going forward i agree both will have different looks on average which is normal.

There are between 500.000-600.000 dalits in UK.

We Bangladeshis accept we are Hindu converts and any foreign admixture is blended in. No Bangladeshi claims they are Afghan, Iranian or Arab. I've never heard any Bangladeshi say it, until I came here that is. But then, I find there are are hardline Muslims lurking around this place, so it's not entirely surprising.

Guys this is really frustrating, when will you acknowledge your own linage? Apart from hand full of local ethnic groups ,from Afghanistan to Mayanmar our genealogy has been fuckedup by invaders from all over the world.it is now scientifically proven that most of Asians have at least one gene link from Chenghis khan himself.
Please read.India is the land of mixed blood from bolkans,Greeks,turks,mongols,Portuguese, European. Unless you are highland tibbeties ,you all are left over from some genealogical check board.

Look, i don't think many Bangladeshis do that either as they have more immediate priorities in life to worry about. much of the same is with Pakistanis. i don't know about any ratios of foreign:indigenous and certainly i wouldn't readily buy the "60%:40%". but the claim of some historical settlers from outside (who knows how many) is just a follow-up to total denial by Indians about that fact within current Bangladesh (or Pakistan for that matter). for many B'deshis "foreign" ancestry is not foreign per say, it's an obvious historical fact and the same is for many Pakistanis and subcontinental Muslims in general. but for Indians it's kind of a big deal and a somewhat political issue and related to the complex they suffer from. and that's why these overextended pointless discussions

Very, very, very, very little and heavily diluted by "local, native genes" (read: our own genes). Most certainly not to make you look foreign. Also, the only reason different people in parts of the Subcontinent look different is because of their location. For example, people up north living in mountainous, colder regions are obviously going to be fairer than the majority who live in deserts and jungles.

Having said all of that; what is wrong with the average Bengali look that makes you so desperate?

We Bangladeshis accept we are Hindu converts and any foreign admixture is blended in. No Bangladeshi claims they are Afghan, Iranian or Arab. I've never heard any Bangladeshi say it, until I came here that is. But then, I find there are are hardline Muslims lurking around this place, so it's not entirely surprising.
one of them may be you :lol:

in general Bangladeshis, including Bengali and non-Bengali people, have all kinds of lineage - from the West, within what is known as the subcontinent (like current N. India and Pakistan) or outside it (as far as Abyssinia), and not to mention indigenous Hindus, Buddhists, Animists and so on. it's not like every specific family necessarily contains all of this. but in the context of Bangladeshis in general, no one including Indians can deny any of these

Very, very, very, very little and heavily diluted by "local, native genes" (read: our own genes). Most certainly not to make you look foreign. Also, the only reason different people in parts of the Subcontinent look different is because of their location. For example, people up north living in mountainous, colder regions are obviously going to be fairer than the majority who live in deserts and jungles.

Having said all of that; what is wrong with the average Bengali look that makes you so desperate?
agree with the first paragraph except the "Very, very, very, very little and heavily diluted" part. but i am "desperate" about what? and what is supposed to be wrong with the "average "Bengali" look"?

Back
Top Bottom