What's new

Bengal : Liberals are more angry with BJP than the rioters and the ruling party

Several TMC party offices have been attacked, mob paid a 'friendly' visit to local TMC MLA's house, the MLA himself got a thrashing from a bunch of women when he tried to enter Hindu areas with police for a 'search operation'.
I really failed to understand what Dipendu Biswas had to do with it. The public seemed to be quite outrageous against him.

I really failed to understand what Dipendu Biswas had to do with it. The public seemed to be quite outrageous against him.

It is said that after the inisial violence subsided, he had a meeting with the local police and several people from only Hindu community was arrested, many of them were victims of the riots, and that resulted in fresh riots. Hence the public anger against him. Apparently party high command is also not happy with his role in it. Even ABP has reported the same.

@scorpionx Basirhat has a high Muslim vote bank, and probably it's a Muslim majority constituency.

It is said that after the inisial violence subsided, he had a meeting with the local police and several people from only Hindu community was arrested, many of them were victims of the riots, and that resulted in fresh riots. Hence the public anger against him. Apparently party high command is also not happy with his role in it. Even ABP has reported the same.

@scorpionx Basirhat has a high Muslim vote bank, and probably it's a Muslim majority constituency.
Yes. Probably the MLA tried to play communal card and has been paid back dearly. Mamata has instructed his rival faction to take control.

Several TMC party offices have been attacked, mob paid a 'friendly' visit to local TMC MLA's house, the MLA himself got a thrashing from a bunch of women when he tried to enter Hindu areas with police for a 'search operation'.
Problem is - once Bengali anger crosses a threshold, there is no stopping it. :D

Gujjus are Jain saints in comparison. When Gandhi was fighting the Boer war for the Brits (as a medic), Bengalees were beginning to take up arms.

But, either way - the law and order situation in West Bengal will suffer. And BJP will cash in a cheap victory which (in Bengal) I don't think they deserve yet. Not that other parties are any better. Local people will be able to come to a consensus when things calm down I guess. :)

One names ring a Pakistanis ears.

Sheikh Mujeeb ur Rahman aka Mir Jafar

Just like the rebirth cycle.
History has repeated itself.

I want these anti state elements eliminated.

But, either way - the law and order situation in West Bengal will suffer. And BJP will cash in a cheap victory which (in Bengal) I don't think they deserve yet. Not that other parties are any better. Local people will be able to come to a consensus when things calm down I guess

BJP is not really trying hard for Hindu votes.
I have no idea why no other national party is even pretending to care for Hindus. It's really baffling.

Even if I as a Hindu am not satisfied with BJP, what other choice I have right now?!!

BJP is not really trying hard for Hindu votes.
I have no idea why no other national party is even pretending to care for Hindus. It's really baffling.

Even if I as a Hindu am not satisfied with BJP, what other choice I have right now?!!
Actually, I think we should look beyond political parties slowly.

True, BJP is the least harmful for Dharmic interests. Most parties ignore the Dharmic people, because they vote for non religious issues mostly. It's common sense. This is changing and BJP is gaining - which is ok for now. But this should not become a free pass for the BJP. They should remain our public servants, and not the other way around.

But our allegiance should be towards the nation, our civilization, our culture, our ethics etc. Not to a dynasty, a political party or its ideology. We should not become what Muslims are to 'secular' parties. That will swing us from a Muslim appeasing country to a pseudo anti Muslim appeasing country. We have our own identity.

Last edited:
Basirhat is the entry point for illegal Bangladeshis, mostly muslims. But The riot is no longer a Basirhat thing, It has spread now up to Hindu majority Northern Kolkata. Earlier riots could not spread because the places were far from political center Kolkata. So, Brace yourself from the impact.

Unfortunately I was at a college campus nearby the riot place for a job interview when The riot happened and fortunately I could escape the place.

One names ring a Pakistanis ears.

Sheikh Mujeeb ur Rahman aka Mir Jafar

Just like the rebirth cycle.
History has repeated itself.

I want these anti state elements eliminated.

Sheikh Mujeeb ur Rahman offered West Pakistani elite a face saving way out
Mir Jafar is another story

I was amazed at the headlines....amazed bunch of liberal liers

There is a strong anger on the ground as far as the news reports suggest. Except for the 'liberal' folk in Kolkata, other places are fighting back. As best as they can.

As much as I like it to be true, I won't believe it till the election results say so.

With all due respect to the Bengalis here, I think there is something fundamentally different about how an average Bengali Hindu thinks. Despite claiming to be the citadel of secularism and then losing 2/3 of their homeland to religion-based partition, they still can't seem to see the writing on the wall and keep electing the worst of minority-appeasers - first the communists and now TMC.

Yes. Probably the MLA tried to play communal card and has been paid back dearly. Mamata has instructed his rival faction to take control.

I am wondering how a mob from Bangladesh can cross the border, do riot and again pass easily. What BSF and police was doing?
Main elements of the riot are people from Bangladesh.

I am wondering how a mob from Bangladesh can cross the border, do riot and again pass easily. What BSF and police was doing?
Main elements of the riot are people from Bangladesh.

I don't think that they crossed the borders after the FB post. They have been crossing for a long time and settled in and around WB by our beloved Momta didi for purposes, she knows best.

It is just that they forget that they are in another country as illegals and readily take up arms and come in droves when they see something on Facebook.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom