What's new

Benefits and Harmful effects of Wine

I have heard that army men also take wine in cold regions like Siachen to keep themselves warm..?

Actually they prefer rum or brandy in cold regions... wine only goes good for higher rank officers in staff parties.. you know the generals & colonels....

Actually they prefer rum or brandy in cold regions... wine only goes good for higher rank officers in staff parties.. you know the generals & colonels....

Yes,I understand,I think they intake rum to keep themselves warm,ignoring 'dharma' as it is a matter of survival,correct me if i am wrong.

Yes,I understand,I think they intake rum to keep themselves warm,ignoring 'dharma' as it is a matter of survival,correct me if i am wrong.
what dharma.. for us hindus.. its mandatory to drink... :D .. right @JAT BALWAN
and for sikhs its mandatory to drink twice as hindu

Last edited by a moderator:

You are very right ... survival always overlap every things in life...

When you are in -40 degrees all of sudden & you belongs from a place where mercury won`t goes below 5 in winters... then your body needs some extra ordinary thing to accommodate the new extreme weather ...

Dharma only comes in mind in mornings ...not in evenings ... not in army as per my experience goes...;)

Lol ... boss nothing is mandatory to any religion ...

But yeah when it goes to daru & jatt.... double is not enough...:hang2:

You are very right ... survival always overlap every things in life...

When you are in -40 degrees all of sudden & you belongs from a place where mercury won`t goes below 5 in winters... then your body needs some extra ordinary thing to accommodate the new extreme weather ...

I am pure veggie, rarely drink. Didn't drank in first winter I had here, in Montreal. Thoroughly enjoyed the cold and snow. I dont even understand how people can enjoy alcohol, cold or no cold.

I am pure veggie, rarely drink. Didn't drank in first winter I had here, in Montreal. Thoroughly enjoyed the cold and snow. I dont even understand how people can enjoy alcohol, cold or no cold.
the difference is you live indoors most of the time with heating available. Try to sit inside an army Shaktiman truck in winter.. even in kashmir valey (forget siachen) ..:P

Although am sure some armymen dont drink... some smoke to keep warm..

but there is specific sect who thinks that drinking is not good?:blink: correct me if I am wrong?

Buddy imagine .. you are standing in a tropical storm in -40 or -50 with a metal in hand in night for a guard duty...

O boy how I miss those days...:cry:

Cheers to that, tried this one last weekend, pretty good.

v5pt.jpg

If you liked Dalwhinnie then your taste is for more lighter and delicate single malts - similar to Glenlivet and Glenfiddich - I suggest trying Scapa 16 years. I am sure you will love it.

Alcoholic Drinks are HARAM in Islam-
So no point in going through the benefits and stuff-

@Slav Defence
:astagh::astagh:
Ramzan mein aisay threads kholtay ho shaitan-
:astagh::astagh:

But a LOT of Muslims drink... :what:

On topic... if they do not show how "beneficial" the wine is then how would the billion $$$ industry run??? The fact is the ones who drink or associated with wine would always propagate it.

the difference is you live indoors most of the time with heating available. Try to sit inside an army Shaktiman truck in winter.. even in kashmir valey (forget siachen) ..:P

Although am sure some armymen dont drink... some smoke to keep warm..

Have been out for a couple hours in wind. Not sure if I can manage that for longer. Still, I haven't seen even any of my Canadian friends to use drinks to keep warm.

May be my dislike of drinks is more than my dislike of winter! :P

Back
Top Bottom