What's new

Benazir's new book has some startling revelations

Got it, thanks. You may also be interested in this old article. Perhaps this interview was the source of this "revelation".

I had been under the impression that a DGMO had to be a Lt.G but Google is great; I see several DGMOs were MGs.

Plz read first para in post 23 above, and then as per your link given article, tell me can a Israeli Army Major General on his own make a battle plan and present it without approval from his seniors to your PM ??? Is it possible ???

So whatever she said is BS as logically it can't happen, such things are not one man show, that also at such lower level.

In large armies DGMO are Lt Generals, like Indian Army, where i believe a Lt Gen is their DGMO, but as we have a smaller Army, ours have MG as DGMO, if tomorrow we go to a million man army, then may be a Lt Gen will come in.

In large armies DGMO are Lt Generals, like Indian Army, where i believe a Lt Gen is their DGMO, but as we have a smaller Army, ours have MG as DGMO, if tomorrow we go to a million man army, then may be a Lt Gen will come in.

"Musharraf has served on various important staff and instructional appointments during his career. He has also been the Director General Military Operations at the GHQ from 1993 to 1995. He rose to the rank of General and was appointed as the Chief of Army Staff, Pakistan on October 7, 1998"

Pervez Musharraf

"Musharraf has served on various important staff and instructional appointments during his career. He has also been the Director General Military Operations at the GHQ from 1993 to 1995. He rose to the rank of General and was appointed as the Chief of Army Staff, Pakistan on October 7, 1998"

Pervez Musharraf

Don't understand what you wish to say with this post ??

He was a MG DGMO till 95 Oct, then got promoted to Lt Gen in Oct 95 and took command of a Strike Corps, till 98 when he became a full General & COAS by superseding around 7 senior Lt Generals I believe.

Don't understand what you wish to say with this post ??

He was a MG DGMO till 95 Oct, then got promoted to Lt Gen in Oct 95 and took command of a Strike Corps, till 98 when he became a full General & COAS by superseding around 7 senior Lt Generals I believe.

"In 1993, I was appointed Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) the most coveted post for a major general"

Living Through the Dreadful Decade
Chapter 9
In the line of fire.

"In 1993, I was appointed Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) the most coveted post for a major general"

Living Through the Dreadful Decade
Chapter 9
In the line of fire.

I get your point, but who is contesting this fact ?? This is what i said too.

I get your point, but who is contesting this fact ?? This is what i said too.

Hope you get the answer too..

"so i wonder if he was made a Lt Gen in 1995, then home come he was talking to PM Benazir as Maj General DGMO in 1996 ????"

Hope you get the answer too..

"so i wonder if he was made a Lt Gen in 1995, then home come he was talking to PM Benazir as Maj General DGMO in 1996 ????"

Would be very kind of you if you give the answer as i am not getting your point to where i fcuked up in my posts ????

What you said, was the same what i said before, so what answer do i ave to find in it ??

Would be very kind of you if you give the answer as i am not getting your point to where i fcuked up in my posts ????

What you said, was the same what i said before, so what answer do i ave to find in it ??

Hi, I think you have made a mistake in the first post

The biggest fluke in this story, making it complete BS and fictional is this.

Above written : "Benazir records in detail her conversation with Pervez Musharraf in 1996 when she was prime minister in her second term, and Musharraf, director of military operations as major-general: "I once again heard how Pakistan would take Srinagar if only I gave the orders to do so. Musharraf concluded the briefing with the words that a ceasefire would be in place and Pakistan would be in control of Srinagar, the capital of Indian-held Kashmir. I asked him, 'And what next?'* He was surprised by my question, and said, 'Next we will put the flag of Pakistan on the Srinagar Parliament'. "

Read the red bold part and now read this :

Pervez Musharaf got promoted to Lieutenant General rank on 21 October 1995 and he was Commanding Pakistan's Elite I Corps Mangla from Lt Gen Pervez Musharraf, October 1995 – October 1998, so i wonder if he was made a Lt Gen in 1995, then home come he was talking to PM Benazir as Maj General DGMO in 1996 ???? He got promoted one year ago in 1995 and in 1996 he was commanding Mangla Strike Corps, wow, what can be said for such BS kind of articles full of lies.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Remember this, never trust what a politician says, as he/she never says the truth, because they are politician not a human being :rofl:

Musharraf is a Lieutenant General in rank but as a DGMO it is obvious that he attended the meeting coz of his post. BB may not aware of these military ranking system, in her take he is a DGMO, usually the post goes to major generals.. I think its a silly mistake..

Hi, I think you have made a mistake in the first post

Musharraf is a Lieutenant General in rank but as a DGMO it is obvious that he attended the meeting coz of his post. BB may not aware of these military ranking system, in her take he is a DGMO, usually the post goes to major generals.. I think its a silly mistake..

I don't understand why it is so hard for you guys to understand simple things, which i am saying post after post.

DGMO is never a Lt General on our side never has been, its a Maj General rank post, while in 96 he was Corps Commander Mangla, which had nothing, nothing whatsoever to do with Kargil or its planning as it is an elite strike corps just like your RAPID formations, plus i said some other thought for things too which make it impossible to be his plan alone. And DGMO do NOT plan such operations, it is not their job to plan such kind of operations.

BB is making it up and thinking from her imagination.

Taimikhan,

Most indian members are talking because they think by talking intelligent they know what they are talking about---you need to be talking to someone on the indian side with actual millitary background to make them understand what the discussion is all about.

To an ordinary computer programmer, a major general is a big thing you need to understand that.

Taimikhan,

Most indian members are talking because they think by talking intelligent they know what they are talking about---you need to be talking to someone on the indian side with actual millitary background to make them understand what the discussion is all about.

To an ordinary computer programmer, a major general is a big thing you need to understand that.
Nice dig at Indian posters. However, you missed the points as usual. The points being:

a. The 'mistake' if any, is of the author of the article, who was merely quoting a conversation that BB had claimed to have taken place between her and Musharraf. It is not clear, at least from the excerpt, whether BB had introduced Musharraf as MG

b. The 'mistake', even if it is of BB, doesn't per se prove that the conversation hadn't in fact taken place.

c. Musharraf was not briefing BB on any 'plan' of invasion. He was explaining that such an (idiotic) invasion was possible and if she, as PM, gave the orders it can be set to motion.

One doesn't need any military background to see through taimi's strawmen.

Nice dig at Indian posters. However, you missed the points as usual. The points being:

a. The 'mistake' if any, is of the author of the article, who was merely quoting a conversation that BB had claimed to have taken place between her and Musharraf. It is not clear, at least from the excerpt, whether BB had introduced Musharraf as MG

b. The 'mistake', even if it is of BB, doesn't per se prove that the conversation hadn't in fact taken place.

c. Musharraf was not briefing BB on any 'plan' of invasion. He was explaining that such an (idiotic) invasion was possible and if she, as PM, gave the orders it can be set to motion.

it would be better that you come up with something which is more logical to support your argument in defending such BS articles which have not one but many other factual ambiguities. It seems your and others needle is stuck at one point and trying to make the article and its argument true, while not one but many other factual inconsistencies don't support such story.

Not a single of your above arguments help in making this article a pack of truth with many factual inconsistencies.

Do not reply if you have same kind of post like above to support your argument as it doesn't hold.

Although Taimi has tried explaining it already but I will give it another try.

(1).A DGMO does not report to the PM, and does not make plans of invasions, it is not his JD.

(2).Only if Benazir said the COAS or DG ISI presented such a plan it would have more sense.

(3).Before becoming the COAS Musharaf has never been in a position to make such a plan and discuss it with the sitting PM.

Only because you are a Major General or a Lt.General does not mean that you can make any plan and discuss it with the PM unless you are holding a relevant position.

Back
Top Bottom