What's new

Benazir's new book has some startling revelations

Books of such nature by such personalities should not & do not have such huge blunder of a wrong fact in which they claim to have talked to a Maj General in 1996, who got promoted in 1995 to Lt General, which can also illustrate that much of the information provided is not reliable as they could not even write a correct date about that main character in this story.

All she wanted was to have a share in the Kargil pie, as she did not wanted to be left behind.

And she was no great leader nor she displayed any such skills in her tenure as a PM.

Plus what she said regarding to DGMO, that is not the job of the DGMO to plan such operations at such a junior level, he was a Maj General, much senior guys were there above him who had the real job of planning any kind of operations.

A minor factual inconsistency cannot be made a basis of discounting the statements of heads of state-are you trying to imply she was lying??? I'd still rather believe her rather than she was lying. Unless there is strong proof for that or Musharraf contests her statements.

All she wanted was to have a share in the Kargil pie, as she did not wanted to be left behind.

Share in the Kargil pie?--why would she want to have a share in a military debacle(defeat) which led to wide international condemnation and even in Pakistan itself?

And she was no great leader nor she displayed any such skills in her tenure as a PM.

I am sorry but Pakistan doesnt have much civilian leadership to boast of-still she was the one who allegedly got Pakistan its missile program wasnt she.

Biographies are essentially one-sided pr jobs. Nobody write bad things about themselves.
I remember reading a biography of one of hitlers generals, and was so impressed by him. Then I read a short critiqueof his book, and realised just how many things this guy had left out, misrepresented or basically lied about.

Did she say she was the most corrupt primeminister in Pakistan's history?
Or that when she became primeminister she wanted her husband to be home minister and her mother to be president?
Or that, when the Indians exploded their nuclear bomb, she went on Pakistan tv to urge Nawaz Sharif to test the Pakistan bomb, and then on foreign tv to say what a dreadful man he was after he did test the bomb?

Her beloved husband has at this moment $1.5 billion of Pakistani stolen money in his bank accounts. Is that not enough to establish primary schools for all Pakistani children? They have literally stolen the education of all pakistani children.
Excuse me if I think that her death was not entirely a waste of semtex.

Just because Benazir wrote the following in her book doesn't make it factual. She was a highly opinionated person. My two cents on this..... she was an arrogant person.

If anyone has read her book, does she admit to any mistakes or shortcomings?
I would we be interested to know what they were.... if there were any.

Please can you tell us who is a great leader at the moment in Pakistan?

Please do say Nawaz Sherif:rofl:

Would be better that you stay within the limit of the discussion happening, i have not compared her to anyone nor i said there is someone else better then her in Pakistan, so your such posts has no meaning.

I thought you had discovered a blunder in the article, not the book. Why would BB have such a conversation with Mushy when he was only a MG?

Sir, read the thread starting post headline

The article has facts from the book mentioned in it. What i said to be a fluke in the article is copied from the book itself. So a factual blunder in the book itself.

Plz read my first post, he was not a MG in 96 when she alleges to have talked to him, he was promoted to a Lt Gen rank in 95.

The biggest fluke in this story, making it complete BS and fictional is this.

Above written : "Benazir records in detail her conversation with Pervez Musharraf in 1996 when she was prime minister in her second term, and Musharraf, director of military operations as major-general: "I once again heard how Pakistan would take Srinagar if only I gave the orders to do so. Musharraf concluded the briefing with the words that a ceasefire would be in place and Pakistan would be in control of Srinagar, the capital of Indian-held Kashmir. I asked him, 'And what next?'* He was surprised by my question, and said, 'Next we will put the flag of Pakistan on the Srinagar Parliament'. "

Read the red bold part and now read this :

Pervez Musharaf got promoted to Lieutenant General rank on 21 October 1995 and he was Commanding Pakistan's Elite I Corps Mangla from Lt Gen Pervez Musharraf, October 1995 – October 1998, so i wonder if he was made a Lt Gen in 1995, then home come he was talking to PM Benazir as Maj General DGMO in 1996 ???? He got promoted one year ago in 1995 and in 1996 he was commanding Mangla Strike Corps, wow, what can be said for such BS kind of articles full of lies.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Remember this, never trust what a politician says, as he/she never says the truth, because they are politician not a human being :rofl:
The goof up, if at all, was made by the author of the article. It is impossible to tell, without first reading her memoirs, if BB has made the same goof up. At the moment, there is not need to go ballistic with this.

Even if BB makes the goof up in her memoirs, it is inconsequential to what she has narrated. Ascribing wrong designation to Musharraf doesn't make the conversation concocted, particularly when Musharraf is alive and kicking. BB must have been aware that if she tried to bluff her way through, Musharraf would call it faster than she could say 'sh!t'.

Although, now since BB is no longer around to defend herself, we may just see Musharraf simply denying the conversation.

Sir, read the thread starting post headline

The article has facts from the book mentioned in it. What i said to be a fluke in the article is copied from the book itself. So a factual blunder in the book itself.

Plz read my first post, he was not a MG in 96 when she alleges to have talked to him, he was promoted to a Lt Gen rank in 95.
That portion is not in quotes, meaning that it is not from the book.

A minor factual inconsistency cannot be made a basis of discounting the statements of heads of state-are you trying to imply she was lying??? I'd still rather believe her rather than she was lying. Unless there is strong proof for that or Musharraf contests her statements.

Its not major factual consistency, such books should not have, if they have it throws doubt on the credibility on other facts too. As i said how can DGMO come up with such a plan, he is a MG, there were atleast 15-20+ senior officers above him, if he is presenting a plan to the PM, he can't do it on his own, it must have gotten approved by the senior generals then it got presented to the PM, can a Major General DGMO do it on his own ?? So where are the names of the generals who approved it ?? Why no mentioning of those guys, why just Musharaf ?? Was Musharaf COAS or more powerful then the 15-20+ generals above him?? Very ridiculous accusations, with nothing supporting it.

Frankly, can you DGMO present a plan all by himself to your PM without the COAS or other dozens of generals having no say in it or even did not knew about it ? She gets a presentation by DGMO about such a plan and if PM had approved it, only DGMO had executed it ?? DGMO has no troops under command, where did the COAS, CGS and so many senior generals went ?? Be realistic

Share in the Kargil pie?--why would she want to have a share in a military debacle(defeat) which led to wide international condemnation and even in Pakistan itself?

She did not want to have a hand in the defeat, she wanted to show that she was the one who said No to this plan as she is the angel and Nawaz Sharif was the evil who got this approved and said the Go Ahead.

I am sorry but Pakistan doesnt have much civilian leadership to boast of-still she was the one who allegedly got Pakistan its missile program wasnt she.

Ayub got us into US Defence pacts, ZB got us the nuclear program, we were already showing out Hatf I series missile in the late 80s before she came to power, meaning the foundation was already set, NS gave us the Nuclear tests, Musharaf era gave us many new missiles and cruise missiles too, so this doesn't makes her a great leader. She got dismissed two times with a very very poor governance record, she could not control her corrupt husband, she got dismissed by her own party president on corruption charges, see her record, she went into self exile and lived abroad while talking about Pakistan.

I repeat again, we don't have politicians who care for Pakistan, we have oligarchs who serve themselves not Pakistan.

he was not a MG in 96 when she alleges to have talked to him, he was promoted to a Lt Gen rank in 95.
Got it, thanks. You may also be interested in this old article. Perhaps this interview was the source of this "revelation".

I had been under the impression that a DGMO had to be a Lt.G but Google is great; I see several DGMOs were MGs.

That portion is not in quotes, meaning that it is not from the book.

Then the article writer made it up by using Benazir name ??

Why then such topic of the article if it has not been quoted by her ??

Don't make lame excuses now plzzzzz, anyone with common sense can see the author of the article is referring the Book by Bhutto by quoting things from it.

The goof up, if at all, was made by the author of the article. It is impossible to tell, without first reading her memoirs, if BB has made the same goof up. At the moment, there is not need to go ballistic with this.

Even if BB makes the goof up in her memoirs, it is inconsequential to what she has narrated. Ascribing wrong designation to Musharraf doesn't make the conversation concocted, particularly when Musharraf is alive and kicking. BB must have been aware that if she tried to bluff her way through, Musharraf would call it faster than she could say 'sh!t'.

Although, now since BB is no longer around to defend herself, we may just see Musharraf simply denying the conversation.

Read post 23 first para and see the other flukes which can't make such claim credible enough. Logically and knowing how Army works, such a briefing by Musharraf or saying it was his plan is something which a common sense will reject, but off course Indian members will keep believing it to be true.

Then the article writer made it up by using Benazir name ??

Why then such topic of the article if it has not been quoted by her ??

Don't make lame excuses now plzzzzz, anyone with common sense can see the author of the article is referring the Book by Bhutto by quoting things from it.
Anyone with common sense can also realise that this can very much be a slip by the author of the article.

Read post 23 first para and see the other flukes which can't make such claim credible enough. Logically and knowing how Army works, such a briefing by Musharraf or saying it was his plan is something which a common sense will reject, but off course Indian members will keep believing it to be true.
All valid points that you have raised.

However, the excerpt doesn't give the impression that Musharraf was actually briefing her on an already formulated 'plan' to take over Srinagar, but was suggesting or probably even trying to convince her, that something like that was possible.

All valid points that you have raised.

However, the excerpt doesn't give the impression that Musharraf was actually briefing her on an already formulated 'plan' to take over Srinagar, but was suggesting or probably even trying to convince her, that something like that was possible.

For God sake, he was a Major General, he can't come up with such plans, its not his duty, nor he can convince her, how many times have you heard a DGMO meeting the President or Prime Minister ??

If you look into history, all the blame of Kargil is on Musharaf, NS said he had nothing to do with it, said it was MS, so if BB claims that a DGMO of a MG rank told her such similar plan in 96, does it means it was written and approved by Musharaf ??

Plans are made by top brass, DGMO levels guys coordinate to make it happen, they don't make such plans.

Anyone with common sense can also realise that this can very much be a slip by the author of the article.

Common sense suggests to check the facts before such high level articles get published, if its a slip up, then sorry to be saying such authors and such articles don't need to be posted too which have such big slip ups. And also common sense says that once something of such nature slip up is exposed, better admit it to be a blunder other then to keep defending a worthless article which has so many factual mistakes and one sided story.

Back
Top Bottom