What's new

Bell will Deliver Three(3) AH-Z in 2017 Remaining 9 in 2018 :Alan Warner

R22-1.jpg

Whats this ?

Well its the helicopter tire they will send rest of the helicopter in 12 years

If only the Turks could go for Safran as the engine
I still think the leading candidates are the Z-10 and T-129, but we won't see them as a factor for several years. With the AH-1Z the PAA is going to get to use a top-end platform for a long-term period, and I suspect they'll want that experience to inform them moving forward. Paper performance is one thing, but things such as turnaround times, sand intrusion, reliability, etc are also critical.

That said, we might have a dark horse candidate in the Denel Aviation Rooivalk Mk2. It's way out right now, but there are a few interesting factors: (1) Denel will use the same airframe and engine, just upgrade the avionics, weapons and dynamic components; (2) the Rooivalk Mk2 will retain its rotor parts *and* engine commonality with the Super Puma; (3) the Super Puma is among the most widely used platforms available, and among the cheapest to buy (with only the Mi-171 beating it).

Denel said it needs 60-75 units to make the Rooivalk Mk2 feasible, and a co-funding partner would receive ToT for MRO, assembly and parts manufacturing. Unlike the T-129 and Z-10, the Rooivalk is a heavy platform akin to the Apache - it can carry 16 ATGMs, so if you pair a millimetric wave radar, you'd have a solid, rugged and affordable platform to use along the plains and deserts. If you get the Super Puma for transport, you'd have a nice one-two punch with the same engine, transmission, rotors, etc.

Remember, we signed a defence MoU with South Africa recently, and while no commitments or promises were made, it did direct Denel Aviation and Denel Land Systems to communicate with PAC and HIT, respectively. I think there's a fair chance the Rooivalk Mk2 will reach a table or two soon.

Last edited:
I still think the leading candidates are the Z-10 and T-129, but we won't see them as a factor for several years. With the AH-1Z the PAA is going to get to use a top-end platform for a long-term period, and I suspect they'll want that experience to inform them moving forward. Paper performance is one thing, but things such as turnaround times, sand intrusion, reliability, etc are also critical.

That said, we might have a dark horse candidate in the Denel Aviation Rooivalk Mk2. It's way out right now, but there are a few interesting factors: (1) Denel will use the same airframe and engine, just upgrade the avionics, weapons and dynamic components; (2) the Rooivalk Mk2 will retain its rotor parts *and* engine commonality with the Super Puma; (3) the Super Puma is among the most widely used platforms available, and among the cheapest to buy (with only the Mi-171 beating it).

Denel said it needs 60-75 units to make the Rooivalk Mk2 feasible, and a co-funding partner would receive ToT for MRO, assembly and parts manufacturing. Unlike the T-129 and Z-10, the Rooivalk is a heavy platform akin to the Apache - it can carry 16 ATGMs, so if you pair a millimetric wave radar, you'd have a solid, rugged and affordable platform to use along the plains and deserts. If you get the Super Puma for transport, you'd have a nice one-two punch with the same engine, transmission, rotors, etc.

Remember, we signed a defence MoU with South Africa recently, and while no commitments or promises were made, it did direct Denel Aviation and Denel Land Systems to communicate with PAC and HIT, respectively. I think there's a fair chance the Rooivalk Mk2 will reach a table or two soon.
Very good Sir g , If PAA order more AH from USA then it means the field is open for different Platforms. And for TOT (home grown), Just like JF-17 , Our own Attack Heli , that heli will be back bone and AH-1Z will be aggressive punch.
To me I think it will be China or SA ................ and some help(avionics type) from Turkey .

Back
Top Bottom