What's new

Beijing lays claim to South Korean waters

@pokdo
As i said, you must note that back then ewe were living in cold war period with the soviet Union threat which was very much present among Brits So yes we often had to make harsh decisions in this regard for security reasons. For example during the 70s-80s we operated over 50 frigates and destroyers due to the ever present soviet/communist threat, today we barely operate half of that amount after many cuts by our leaders/politicians and even public since they all know we face no real threat whatsoever in our neighborhood, as we are a secure power.Reason even the warships/equipments we are building is mostly for deployment overseas to protect our interests abroad, reason there is so much pressure from public and some politicians for us to cut our defence spending/manpower even more than we have already. However, little do they know that we live in an uncertain world and threats conflicts can erupt anywhere at anytime like we saw in Ukraine/Crimea and Russia recent aggression/provocations into European(and even Britain's) airspace/waters. Hopefully this swill continue so our public/delusional politicians can wake up from their slumber caused by a very peaceful era. lol

What i am trying to say by all these is that yes our decision back then might seem harsh today but you have to consider the era in which we lived and the formidable threats we faced. So i will say yes it was harsh but justified. moreover it also helped the locals avoid any inconvenience caused by a large military base/aircraft/naval warships and the threat that posed to the island. So we have to always put things into perspective.:pop:

yes if you want put that into perspective, the Western NGO human right promoter should no crying foul about our war of extermination against commies, separatists movement and other dissents like terrorist Islamic scums as they posed a credible and actual threat to my Country

Vietnam set up first official administration on Paracels and Spratly, without troubles with China from many hundred year ago. Your ancestor had recognized there is Jiaozhi (Vietnam) Ocean.

Vietnam was a Chinese province for most of its history, and as a tributary for the rest. Just as USSR would transfer Crimea to Ukraine when it is part of its territory, and even would tolerate Ukraine in possession of Crimea under the commonwealth, but it would never allow a hostile Ukraine to take control of the region that was not its to begin with. When French took over Indo-China, it specifically signed treaty with the Qing recognizing Chinese sovereignty over the Paracel & Spratly island.

Vietnam was a Chinese province for most of its history, and as a tributary for the rest. Just as USSR would transfer Crimea to Ukraine when it is part of its territory, and even would tolerate Ukraine in possession of Crimea under the commonwealth, but it would never allow a hostile Ukraine to take control of the region that was not its to begin with. When French took over Indo-China, it specifically signed treaty with the Qing recognizing Chinese sovereignty over the Paracel & Spratly island.

what you said is wrong. There is different stories.

Khrusev seded Crime to Ucraine, this was illegally when he taken power in USSR. France signed with China Qing is related to Beipu Guft only.

Off topic this about chinese imeprial abitions on yellow sea not history with chinese characters

Oh these coming from person who claims things illogically hi pot my name is kettle and your black

illogically? i dont think you know what the word even means.

as an example to the world. i said as figurehead, the emperor of japan would get hate from those the Japanese empire harmed. You went on a tidbit about "he didn't do anything". yea so?

thus far you could not refute a single thing i have said and could only post nonsense one liners including the post i'm responding to now, without anything to back them up.

illogically? i dont think you know what the word even means.

as an example to the world. i said as figurehead, the emperor of japan would get hate from those the Japanese empire harmed. You went on a tidbit about "he didn't do anything". yea so?

thus far you could not refute a single thing i have said and could only post nonsense one liners including the post i'm responding to now, without anything to back them up.

Ok then tell me which country claims whole seas and oceans as a national territory you talk big as if you understand crap and yet your just making trash talk in the thread like the rest of your countrymen here

Ok then tell me which country claims whole seas and oceans as a national territory you talk big as if you understand crap and yet your just making trash talk in the thread like the rest of your countrymen here

sure, we'll assume your 4 brain cells can handle it for a moment, ill educate you a little.

nobody claims an entire ocean

various "whole seas" are owned by various governments in the world,

the soviets once fully owned the aral sea,
salton sea is complete within and wholly owned by the US government,
similarly, the bohai sea is entire within and wholly owned by the chinese government
bohol, Visayan and sibuyan seas and owned by the Philippines government
seto inland sea of japan
bass strait of Australia
white, kara seas of modern russia

there are plenty more out there but of course you'll probably ignore facts and move the goal post to something else.

sure, we'll assume your 4 brain cells can handle it for a moment, ill educate you a little.

nobody claims an entire ocean

various "whole seas" are owned by various governments in the world,

the soviets once fully owned the aral sea,
salton sea is complete within and wholly owned by the US government,
similarly, the bohai sea is entire within and wholly owned by the chinese government
bohol, Visayan and sibuyan seas and owned by the Philippines government
seto inland sea of japan
bass strait of Australia
white, kara seas of modern russia

there are plenty more out there but of course you'll probably ignore facts and move the goal post to something else.

Wow going there huh one archipelagic states like the Philippines has Archipelagic waters because we are not landlocked country like china

Archipelagic waters
The convention set the definition of Archipelagic States in Part IV, which also defines how the state can draw its territorial borders. A baseline is drawn between the outermost points of the outermost islands, subject to these points being sufficiently close to one another. All waters inside this baseline are designated Archipelagic Waters. The state has full sovereignty over these waters (like internal waters), but foreign vessels have right of innocent passage through archipelagic waters (like territorial waters).

and those examples you give are all bull they can not control whole bodies of water they can beyond 12 miles one they not archipelagic states two no one i mean no one controls whole bodies of water china is the only country who's arrogant enough to do so and no one recognized your country delusional illogical claims

Wow going there huh one archipelagic states like the Philippines has Archipelagic waters because we are not landlocked country like china

Archipelagic waters
The convention set the definition of Archipelagic States in Part IV, which also defines how the state can draw its territorial borders. A baseline is drawn between the outermost points of the outermost islands, subject to these points being sufficiently close to one another. All waters inside this baseline are designated Archipelagic Waters. The state has full sovereignty over these waters (like internal waters), but foreign vessels have right of innocent passage through archipelagic waters (like territorial waters).

and those examples you give are all bull they can not control whole bodies of water they can beyond 12 miles one they not archipelagic states two no one i mean no one controls whole bodies of water china is the only country who's arrogant enough to do so and no one recognized your country delusional illogical claims

as i suspect. moving the goalposts

let me quote you

" tell me which country claims whole seas "

i listed some, but now you are complaining about things you didn't specify before.

I wonder when the chinese start drawing some funny dash lines close to korean coast and declare all waters and islands are theirs since ancient times? nobody can´t prove it anyway. if the koreans protest, chinese can send oil rigs, warships and warplanes. problem is solved, isn´t it?

Why don't you Viets claim the Philippines as your territory, like you did Cham, Khmer Krom, and Degar highlands? The French signed those islands away. Maybe you shouldn't have invited them into your country.

Why don't you Viets claim the Philippines as your territory, like you did Cham, Khmer Krom, and Degar highlands? The French signed those islands away. Maybe you shouldn't have invited them into your country.

Islands is under control of Hue Kingdom and Vietnam State of Emperor Bao Dai in Vietnam. No one signed islands away.

Qing Dynasty China signed Taiwan to Japan after first Sino-Japan war.

s korea unilaterally set up artificial construction in the su yan reef ,it is similar to philippine stole island from china when china neglect it. asia small country believe if they have a usa ally they can bark to china.
china will prove they are wrong

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom