What's new

Beijing bound Air Malaysia flight loses contact

Vietnamese rescue vessels are expected to reach the site tonight at local time, says the deputy chief of staff of Vietnam Army.

this is one of the rescue vessels.
1OCqYcL9.jpg

Thats what i mean, This normally only happenes when the airframe loses its structural stability. Like a cargo door blows. When that happenes large parts of the hull rip off the plane and the floor sinks down, separating cables and makes controlling the airplane impossible. Another thing that could have happened and has the same effect is, when the airplane loses its tailfin.

But thats just speculations right now. Boeing already send a team for investigation.

I work for EADS and Boeing is our biggest competitor...but that does mot change the fact that we are worried too and hope the issue is found fast so it can be prevented in future. Of course it could also be a hijacking or terrorist attack, but idk...Air Malaysia and that route aren't a top priority for terrorists i thought. But im no expert in that region and possible conflicts there.
I see you are the expert.
finding the black box is the most important thing. since the waters is shallow in the region, it could help finding the box.

Last edited:
There are unconfirmed reports around claiming that there are 2 passengers on board with stolen passports.

Rest in peace ... May Allah have mercy on their souls b give patience to their loved ones Ameen..

Vietnamese rescue vessels are expected to reach the site tonight at local time, says the deputy chief of staff of Vietnam Army.

this is one of the rescue vessels.
1OCqYcL9.jpg

I see you are the expert.
finding the black box is the most important thing. since the waters is shallow in the region, it could help finding the box.

Yes, the box will help to find out what exactly happened. Lets hope that the airplane did not break up in high altitude. That would create a gargantuan debris field and make it harder to find the box.

There are unconfirmed reports around claiming that there are 2 passengers on board with stolen passports.

Yes, but that doesn't hold a lot of significance to determining the cause of the accident IMO.

Italian passports.

Thats interesting. First reports here in italy said that two italians are on board. Later our embassy said that definitly no italians are on board. So you know anything specific?

ANSA (italian news agency) says it was one italian passport and one austrian. Our italian embassy in malaysia says that his name appears on the passenger list but he is in fine health and lives. He passport was reported stolen last year. Same about the austrian. The italian man already contacted his family that he is fine.

What exactly happened? If the aircraft wrecked, did they locate the wreckage yet? Any survivors?

My heart goes out to the families.

There is speculation that the aircraft disintegrated in mid-air, points towards bomb or a serious structural failure,

What exactly happened? If the aircraft wrecked, did they locate the wreckage yet? Any survivors?

My heart goes out to the families.
They cannot locate a gigantic plane like 777-200 which is more worrying.

At this stage the chances of survivors are slim :(

Anything can happen, bomb, structural failure or simply inept pilots like in the case of AF 477. I hope the black box is found soon so that it can be determined what happened.

I read news somewhere i think on Yahoo, that radar controllers saw the plane at FL 350 and then there was a sudden and rapid descent.

Thats interesting. First reports here in italy said that two italians are on board. Later our embassy said that definitly no italians are on board. So you know anything specific?

ANSA (italian news agency) says it was one italian passport and one austrian. Our italian embassy in malaysia says that his name appears on the passenger list but he is in fine health and lives. He passport was reported stolen last year. Same about the austrian. The italian man already contacted his family that he is fine.
two passengers with stolen passports were on the plane.

Flugzeugabsturz : Mindestens zwei Unbekannte an Bord der Boeing 777 - Nachrichten Panorama - DIE WELT

It seems that the black box is not sending any signal so far. That is very unusual...

It seems that the black box is not sending any signal so far. That is very unusual...

No it isn't.

ELT beacons and CVR/DFDR pingers are not 100% reliable.

If you recall, no signals were picked up from Air France 447 (Airbus A330).

Back
Top Bottom