What's new

Beijing bound Air Malaysia flight loses contact

Sad News,

The lack of communication point either the pilots are incapacitated or a total and catastrophic structure failure which severed all electric circuit. Either of which could be the hint at why the pilot did not send out distress. However, if I remember correctly, a 777 would send out distress signal on its own when the power is about to cut via the transponder. See, when the transponder is about to cut from electricity power, the capacitor stored the remaining electricity and will switch the transponder squawk code from civilian code (Usually 1xxx, 2xxx or 3xxx) to an emergency code (7xxx I forgot as it was nearly 10 years ago..) And the code will appear on ATC radar until the signal is lost.

At a flight going 905-950 Km/h, it will take approximately 10 minutes to drop from FL350 to sea level. by then depends on if the planes break up and how the planes break up, debris can travel up to 20 Kilometers

The passport thing should not view as seriously as of now, with no terrorism intension and no one claim responsibility, the fake passport could mean anything. From people who don't want their identity to show to drug trafficking. It's not at all uncommon to have people travel under a fake name, and a fake/stolen passport.

PS. I used to be a flight attendant from Scandinavian SAS

Last edited:
R.I.P to the passengers.

According to a Chinese news source, the attitude of the Malaysian Airline officials are very discerning.

China had sent 14 rescue ship, 7 Coast Guard ship and 2 warship
83a65cb1-95f0-4d0e-b351-530be7c25607.jpg

中国派出两艘军舰参与搜救|军舰_凤凰资讯
rdn_531baf2cb3a2e.jpg

rdn_531bb2b33ef94.png

rdn_531baf6f5a1f6.jpg

It cant, if that was the case, pilot's would have informed the control tower, planes just don't fall out of the sky if they run out of fuel. Hate to say it but sounds like a bomb or structural failure or weather.
agree on fuel theory! and fuel slick explains that there was enough fuel.
I do not agree on bomb or disintegration , as they would have found some floating debris. I guess plane went down intact into water.
My guess is sudden loss of oxygen /pressure and pilot/tech crew passed out instantly. If it was on autopilot plane would have continued until it run out of fuel ( like the case of greek airline few years back) and crashed somewhere in mainland china.

My deep condolences to families of passengers.

The Air France Airbus ended in the atlantic ocean in water depth of 5000 meters.

The beacons are designed to activate and ping on impact. As far as we know. this has not happened in this instance nor did it happen with AF447, nor when 100s of GA and bizzjet aircraft have ditched/crashed with certified ELTs. Regardless of whether you slam into water of 5000m or 50m, at the forces likely to be involved, water for want of a better word becomes incompressible and more like concrete (those of you who misspent your youth jumping from great heights into water will understand this point).

I was holding out hope for as long as possible, but it does seem that the worst has happened.

RIP to the passengers and crew.

Some news outlets are reporting that there were four passengers travelling with stolen passports.

Back
Top Bottom