What's new

Beijing bound Air Malaysia flight loses contact

Planes can autoland, not too sure about take off, in fact if I remember correctly, Boeing 777s are certified CAT3b autoland and have to preform an Automatic Landing once a month to keep the certification. During Autoland, Autopilot would just use the data from ILS Approach and Both inflight data and glide slope to calculate the flight path and it would land themselves, without the pilot input.

Does every pilot turn on autopilot during landing of these big birds every time they land? Or do they prefer manually?

Still, as far as I know, many pilot still do violate those rules, Many pilot during the 5 years I work in Airlines I know had once or more.invited unauthorized guest to the cockpit during black out

That's incredible, thought what happened after 9/11 pilots would strictly follow the rule for not letting unauthorized guests inside the cockpit.

My understanding is that ILS is only supposed to be used under extreme weather/visibility/whatever scenario. Normally, a pilot is expected to land the plane manually.

Can the tower know if a plane is using ILS or is being landed manually?

It's one thing for a pilot to goof off if no one else will know, but I don't know if he would use ILS without justification just because he was chatting up a passenger.

Totally.

I have been in an airline cockpit myself as a passenger. It happens more often than people think.

ILS (Instrument Landing system) is not the same as Automatic Landing. Basically, pilot clear for ILS approach (Usually granted unless either ILS equipment are unserviceable or RVR is below limit or other general go-around category such as wind shear and so on.)

Pilot would still make use of ILS system (localizer, glideslope and DME) for manual landing. However, a plane can, in practices perform an automatic landing under II or III a/b ILS setting again depend on landing requirement.

A plane could have landed automatically up to the pilot discretion, but ILS approach MUST be granted by ATC, basically if the ATC did not give ILS clearance, a pilot must either using VFR rule or older NDB (Non-directional beacon) for primitive landing

However, most pilot I know would certify AUTOLAND on a clear and sunny day instead of a windy and rainy day......

For me, I actually have been a visitor in the cockpit more after I quit working as a flight attendant, I used to work SAS and QantasLink

Pilot and Cabin crew are very close and I still know many pilot on the job, and they would allow anyone by all mean should not be there. Up there in the skies, it's the captain who in charge of everything, he/she can probably do anything and get away with it.

Did you see the youtube video? In the video, you can see pictures in the cockpit with terrain features clearly visible in the photograph.These pictures were taken when the aircraft was on approach or climbing after take off.

The 777 is known as one of the safest aircraft ever built. I wouldn't rush to rule out anything at this stage

She was probably in the cockpit during landing/takeoff, but there is no evidence the pilots had their backs turned during those events. Their presence was unauthorized, but there is no evidence the pilots were not paying attention to the landing/takeoff.

Does every pilot turn on autopilot during landing of these big birds every time they land? Or do they prefer manually?

That's incredible, thought what happened after 9/11 pilots would strictly follow the rule for not letting unauthorized guests inside the cockpit.

Usually autoland is reserved for very bad weather when the pilot workload are overwhelmed by all the calculation, check list and communication, however, again, if I remember correctly, a planes certified for Autoland must recertify by performance every month and they are required to perform an autoland every month in order to keep the certification up.

Most pilot I know, around 20, do generally land the planes by themselves. Since the most fun from piloting a planes is either from take off or landing, but still it's really up to the pilot

and the guest things is really depends. It's normally up to the pilots, they can lock and unlock the cockpit door, until airline official put a plant on each cockpit they own, the pilot could and had invite guest up to the cockpit, even thought most airline forbid this practices.

This entire topic is exagerated. Search started 9 hours after it was clear that it crashed, its a gigantic area. Thats not mysterious at all. It can take weeks to find the airplane.

that blonde is doing nothing more than getting cheap publicity, convenient to blame a person who is not there to defend himself, crew often let people visit the cockpit and that's a known fact.

70e11e0ftw1eecdddb94kj20hn0w210x.jpg

70e11e0ftw1eecc245wpqj20g30zb7e2.jpg

it's part of standard operating procedure? is that so?

I'm sure vietnam is capable for such rescue operation, i know there are some retarded people who have no common sense have no idea what is going on, they just blame every countries that involved, but still vast majority of people in china are grateful for vietnam's assistance.
Yes. Vietnam armed forces have not deployed fighter jets till yet. I think we should now. The airforce could activate the SU-30 jets, that have improved avionics, fitted with electro-optical pods, special surveilance camera.

The IF/TV camera can detect and analyse objects with distance up to 70km, resolution 0.3m, plus a board radar with distance of 100km with resolution of 2 metres.

The jets can travel great distances up to 8,000km.

JiuZRiIe.jpg

This time China really thanks Vietnam, specially allow 2x PLA Tu-154 electronic warfare & information gathering planes into Vietnam airspace in Gulf of Thailand. I strongly believe Malaysia MH370 accident is NOT SIMPLE, coz 1st time China government to send spy planes into foreign airspace, A VERY SPECIAL MISSION.

Currently except some China rescure ships, PLA Navy has 1x 052C DDG, 1x 053H3 FFG, 2x 071 LPD in Gulf of Thailand and i think subs had arrived underwater. Now i read local Chinese media, said PLA Navy might send more warships to join this action.

China government sent many military planes and warships to search a missing passenger plane, it's VERY UNUSUAL.

Yup, it's unusual. I no doubt these China spy planes might land in Vietnam airport during search action. And China will send IL-76 transport plane to Gulf of Thailand.

Anyway it means Vietnam and China stay one side in this strange accident.

1. Open airspace for PLA military
2. Let China spy planes in (More than one)

This time Vietnam help China, or interests trade under table between governments
I believe Chinese planes and warships could land and anchor at Phu Quoc island in the Gulf of Thailand, where Vietnam has a large military basis. You can get fuel and service there as well.

Phu+Quoc.jpg

Last edited:
that blonde is doing nothing more than getting cheap publicity, convenient to blame a person who is not there to defend himself, crew often let people visit the cockpit and that's a known fact.

You should read the comments section of that story. Most people are condemning the "gutter journalism" of that story.

This program ACA is well known in Australia as tabloid gutter crap. They are always "informing" people about what the evil Chinese -- and immigrants in general -- are up to in Australia. Their other favorite target is Muslims. Here, they hit the jackpot with an Asian Muslim male who dared to look at a white woman.

It's an absolutely despicable program.

Vietnam coast guard deploys two new search planes with a MSS 6000 radar aboard: CASA 212

1. Malaysia Airline: MH370 lost in Gulf of Thailand.

2. Malaysia Police: MH370 no terror no hijacked.

3. Malaysia Military: MH370 appeared Malacca.

Five days passed, where is the MH307 ? I think MH370 was shot down by missile or MH370 was hijacked to some island. Malaysia government might know the truth.

BTW who can translate Chinese to English, interesting to read the story.
长话短说,话说某超级大国情报机构自从出了个姓斯的叛徒后,信誉和软实力每况愈下,然而祸不单行,就在不久前,某情资人员无意中接触到一个比斯先生更大的机密文件,此文件为最高机密级,如果顺利实施将可能改变目前的世界格局,而对象是某正在崛起的瓷器国,该屌丝看到文件后又惊又怕,尼玛这卑鄙无耻的阴谋和某国宣扬的教义完全背道而驰,该屌丝被良心折磨的几乎崩溃,最后决定学他的师兄,做一回世界英雄,他的计划是这样的,带着这份文件的备份出逃到瓷器国,然后揭露这惊天阴谋,但作为情报人员他是不可以去敌对国家的,于是他假借到东南某国休假,在一班临晨起飞去瓷器国的廉价航班起飞前购买了机票,本来一切都天衣无缝,然而最后时刻还是被某超级大国强大的情报机构发现,但是赶到机场的特工发现这位仁兄已经刚刚飞走了,对某国来说,这个机密文件可以说是关乎生死存亡啊,不论任何代价都不可以让这叛徒顺利到达,于是从在驴国附近游荡的航母上起飞了两架战机,其中一架叫什么咆哮者,据说可以干扰其他机机接受和发送无线电信号,两架机机顺利在万米高空拦截住这班航班,然后趁着夜色神不知鬼不觉的把这架航班胁迫去了一个叫蟑螂的海外基地,然而,某瓷器国的情报机构也嗅到一些异常,于是派出海空军力前往出事地点,然而却注定要无功而回,其实某超级大国做这样的勾当并不是第一次,宇宙国航班离奇被击落案就是他们导演的,和这次有异曲同工之妙,这架航班被劫持事件并不真的毫无破绽,该航班国在雷达也曾发现飞机无辜折返,但后来收到严厉警告,迫于某超级大国的淫威,只有苦水往肚子里咽。

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom