What's new

Behind the dramatic rescue of American-Canadian couple from Haqqani captivity

There you go as I mentioned in my earlier posts and now the latest details are confirming this;
Those making a scene against Afghan ANSF should now look in the mirror for once now :P
--------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/1...n-canadian-couple-from-haqqani-captivity.html

1. Because of information obtained from drone footage, it is believed that the U.S. had long known of their location, as did Pakistan’s military arm ISI, and it was “always a matter of someone pulling the trigger to go over and get them.” A Pakistani official told the press Friday that the car carrying the family was tracked down soon after it crossed from Afghanistan into Pakistan, but sources say that the family long had been in the tribal areas of Pakistan.

2. Sources say the U.S. government started floating rumors some time ago within the Pakistani high military that a rescue operation was highly probable.
It is believed that while the couple was moved around a few times in the early stages of their captivity, their location had remained static for some time and Joint Special Operations Command were getting ready to embark on a rescue, when ultimately the Pakistanis — fearing another national upstaging and embarrassment akin to the bin Laden raid in 2011 which exposed them as harboring major terrorists — took the reign.

Even, despite of many attempts by likes of Hussain Haqqani a.k.a. "Buy my book First", unfortunately for him and our rivals, Trump and National Security Advisers etc did not buy it. The hostages were here allegedly for many months but during the last 5 years, except desertion-selling weapons to Taliban-unlimited Generals and what not, they were not rescued/recovered by the most corrupt/joke of a military lot, the ANA.

Just for the comparison and a thought, one can have an opinion that when Pakistanis were gearing up for the OP, Mansoor and Khurasani are being hunted fearing Pakistani forces and international embarrassment. (for Hussain Haqqani only".

I am quoting foxnews and if you wear your strategy hat for a moment, wouldnt you think that it make sense for Pak to take this course of action to avoid any OBL type episode.
Also if they were in AF for all this period, then I can assure that JSOC can run operations in any spot of the country and these maggots had no chance of eluding them for this long. You really believe these maggots stood a chance against US Delta? Like seriously!!! ;)

@Darth Vader @Spring Onion
FOX news is as credible as wikipedia. Still if we give you a chance even then even the tabloid like FOX news failed to quote any authentic source other than the mere word "SOURCES".
Anyway the the mastermind of Army Public School Peshawar massacre at last was killed in US drone strike yesterday in AFGHANISTAN and today there was another and yet another drone attack in Afghan province Nagarhar on the sanctuaries of terrorist group Laskhar-e-Islam which is responsible for many suicide attacks in Pakistan. This drone attack kills 11 of their terrorists.
All these developments clearly points out to some understanding between US and Pakistan

lol why quote Fox news.

Fox news is so biased and unfair.

Why not quote Al Jazeera and the BBC.

They are much better.

There you go as I mentioned in my earlier posts and now the latest details are confirming this;
Those making a scene against Afghan ANSF should now look in the mirror for once now :P

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/1...n-canadian-couple-from-haqqani-captivity.html

1. Because of information obtained from drone footage, it is believed that the U.S. had long known of their location, as did Pakistan’s military arm ISI, and it was “always a matter of someone pulling the trigger to go over and get them.” A Pakistani official told the press Friday that the car carrying the family was tracked down soon after it crossed from Afghanistan into Pakistan, but sources say that the family long had been in the tribal areas of Pakistan.

2. Sources say the U.S. government started floating rumors some time ago within the Pakistani high military that a rescue operation was highly probable.
It is believed that while the couple was moved around a few times in the early stages of their captivity, their location had remained static for some time and Joint Special Operations Command were getting ready to embark on a rescue, when ultimately the Pakistanis — fearing another national upstaging and embarrassment akin to the bin Laden raid in 2011 which exposed them as harboring major terrorists — took the reign.

And Afghanistan is paradise of peace and world safest place:cheesy:

Behind this rescue is incompetence of a so called army which is sky high on hashish

I am a but surprised on how your note related to the points you highlighted.

1. It actually seem to show the ANDSF cannot operate in all Afghanistan.
2. The poor family was kept in Afghanistan for years -- when they crossed into Pakistan they were rescued ?!?!?

For all those making scene of the source Fox News, here is NYT confirming to what I was alluding to.

Is NYT good enough source, or we need to wait for Geo News confirm this :)

------------------

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/17/world/asia/hostage-rescue-pakistan-navy-seals.html

@H!TchHiker @Dark-Destroyer @Spring Onion @The Sandman @xyxmt @Thorough Pro @Cringe @Cookie Monster @Iqbal Ali
What's your point troll?

Point is the Pakistani army rescued the stupid Canadians.

The stupid Canadians should not have gone to a war-zone.

I am a but surprised on how your note related to the points you highlighted.

1. It actually seem to show the ANDSF cannot operate in all Afghanistan.
2. The poor family was kept in Afghanistan for years -- when they crossed into Pakistan they were rescued ?!?!?

I have never said that ANSF has presence all over the country,that is the main reason that some maggots like Talis operate from Afghanistan to target Pakistan, but that is the issue of capability and not the will or policy. But on the other hand you have Afghan Talis who live settled areas in Pak side.
Thus you have situation of capability vs policy.

What's your point troll?

Point is the Pakistani army rescued the stupid Canadians.

The stupid Canadians should not have gone to a war-zone.

If you had the brain cells to have read the post and the articles, you would have guessed it by now.
But guess not! I can't help you with that.

Ignored!

For all those making scene of the source Fox News, here is NYT confirming to what I was alluding to.

------------------

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/17/world/asia/hostage-rescue-pakistan-navy-seals.html

@H!TchHiker @Dark-Destroyer @Spring Onion @The Sandman @xyxmt @Thorough Pro @Cringe @Cookie Monster @Iqbal Ali
Yes everyone here has heard ur point loud and clear. Pakistan Army is evil and if it wasn't for the American pressure there's no way they would've rescued innocent civilians. Had it been the Afghan Army rescuing them in Afghanistan they would've been heroes. Had it been the American Army rescuing them in Afghanistan they would've been heroes who rescued American citizens from terrorists. In fact any other country's Army would've been commended for their brave actions...of course Pak Army wouldn't do such a brave thing unless they were pressured from the US. All those instances in the past where the Pak Army did rescue hostages...all of that was due to external pressure.

@I.R.A this dude is still going strong

------------------

posting this article goes against almost everything you said earlier.
lets take trip back to the memory lane, you said
1.The Pakistani's knew about the couple being in Pakistan.
2.the couple was in Pakistan for a long time and didn't came recently.
3.Pakistan took action just to save itself from the humiliation just as OBL

now lets see what this newyork times article says.
1.not true we found out through American intelligence.
2.not true as they moved to Pakistan about a week prior to the operation.
3.not true how could've we taken action without Americans giving the intelligence and requesting for operation.
p.s the navy seals were readied just in case Pakistan declined their request for this operation which Pakistan didn't.

------------------

Don't know why you don't want to accept something good from Pakistan anyway people can try nitpicking but the fact is it's Pakistani commandos :pakistan:who rescued them and that's what the whole world knows it's them whom Joshua boyle is thanking :) if some people have problems digesting this fact well we can't do much as they say haters gonna hate! :)

Oh and btw because of this the Americans returned the favor and APS Mastermind was killed in "Afghanistan" things are working out with US it seems :)

@Spring Onion @django @Hell hound

p.s the navy seals were readied just in case Pakistan declined their request for this operation which Pakistan didn't.
Those in denial will stay in denial mode no matter how many facts and arguments you present.

Yes everyone here has heard ur point loud and clear. Pakistan Army is evil and if it wasn't for the American pressure there's no way they would've rescued innocent civilians. Had it been the Afghan Army rescuing them in Afghanistan they would've been heroes. Had it been the American Army rescuing them in Afghanistan they would've been heroes who rescued American citizens from terrorists. In fact any other country's Army would've been commended for their brave actions...of course Pak Army wouldn't do such a brave thing unless they were pressured from the US. All those instances in the past where the Pak Army did rescue hostages...all of that was due to external pressure.

@I.R.A this dude is still going strong

Dude you are getting emotional here, as you can appreciate the idea of the posts here is to put our opinions across and discuss topic affecting our regions and particular both our countries. There will be of course differences of opinion but we should keep it respectful and agree to disagree on certain viewpoints.

/Peace

Oh and btw because of this the Americans returned the favor and APS Mastermind was killed in "Afghanistan" things are working out with US it seems :)

[

Those in denial will stay in denial mode no matter how many facts and arguments you present.

1. I hope that is the case, I doubt it though.
2. I am not in denial mode, I am just offering a different perspective, and you are welcome to disagree but that is why we have these forum, No?

Back
Top Bottom