What's new

Behind the dramatic rescue of American-Canadian couple from Haqqani captivity

After this whole saga you cameup with some points from fox news[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I am heart broken ......... never knew I will be thought of a baniya one day. :p:

Dear sir .......... for you its all free no costs involved. Had it been some young sanghi the tone and advice may have been worded very differently. (By the way I don't engage with sanghis these days :(, I had this intuition that soon their species name will be included in list of one of the reasons for high blood pressure).

Two observations:
  1. There are several 'sorts' of Pakistanis: the straightforward upright sorts, who manage to stay calm most of the time; the straightforward upright sorts, who sometimes manage to regain their calm; the perpetually enraged sorts, who fortunately can't be heard very clearly, because of the froth around and in their mouths; the slippery sorts, who can't be trusted an inch; and the calm, Jovian ones who stand above the melee, and deliver awful judgements that drives us quailing to our knees. If we are to believe the slippery sorts, baniya is actually a term of praise. I've managed to coax you into a situation of honour and glory, according to them. But then, I wouldn't buy a diamond as big as a radish from them, even if they wanted to sell it for the price of a radish.
  2. What on earth did you mean by this: By the way I don't engage with sanghis these days :(, I had this intuition that soon their species name will be included in list of one of the reasons for high blood pressure.
    In case you hadn't got the circular, it's all official. Of my non-medicated reading of 160/100, at least 40/20 is due to sanghis, both sorts (in case you didn't get that circular, there are green sanghis as well as saffron, who send up people's BPs marginally slower than the original breed).
No intuition needed, Sir, it's now official.

There are several 'sorts' of Pakistanis: the straightforward upright sorts, who manage to stay calm most of the time; the straightforward upright sorts, who sometimes manage to regain their calm; the perpetually enraged sorts, who fortunately can't be heard very clearly, because of the froth around and in their mouths; the slippery sorts, who can't be trusted an inch; and the calm, Jovian ones who stand above the melee, and deliver awful judgements that drives us quailing to our knees. If we are to believe the slippery sorts, baniya is actually a term of praise. I've managed to coax you into a situation of honour and glory, according to them. But then, I wouldn't buy a diamond as big as a radish from them, even if they wanted to sell it for the price of a radish.

"The line "Baniye Ka Dimaag Aur Miyanbhai Ki Daring" can be translated as "Mind of a businessman & daring of a Muslim..!" in English! Lets have a look on Etymology: Bania: Bania is derived from the Sanskrit word vaṇij or baṇij, which means merchant. ... Daring: adventurous courage, or boldness."

That's an explanation given for a poster of one of bollywood movies "Raees". I am a Muslim already if you think I have been coaxed into accepting meself as bania .......... well sir ain't it a dangerous combination, if we go by explanation above?

1. What on earth did you mean by this: By the way I don't engage with sanghis these days :(, I had this intuition that soon their species name will be included in list of one of the reasons for high blood pressure.
    In case you hadn't got the circular, it's all official. Of my non-medicated reading of 160/100, at least 40/20 is due to sanghis, both sorts (in case you didn't get that circular, there are green sanghis as well as saffron, who send up people's BPs marginally slower than the original breed).
No intuition needed, Sir, it's now official.

You don't talk to us, you don't play cricket with us, you don't come to our side ........ how would we know? :(

Take care sir .......... BP is silent killer. By the way (for my information only), normally once the virus gets identified, scientists tend to invent a cure for it, some sorts of vaccine or some sorts of spray etc to kill the virus. Any such developments?

"The line "Baniye Ka Dimaag Aur Miyanbhai Ki Daring" can be translated as "Mind of a businessman & daring of a Muslim..!" in English! Lets have a look on Etymology: Bania: Bania is derived from the Sanskrit word vaṇij or baṇij, which means merchant. ... Daring: adventurous courage, or boldness."

That's an explanation given for a poster of one of bollywood movies "Raees". I am a Muslim already if you think I have been coaxed into accepting meself as bania .......... well sir ain't it a dangerous combination, if we go by explanation above?

Do you remember that the all-conquering Arabs of the seventh, eighth and ninth centuries were also very reliable and very successful merchants (as was the Prophet himself)? If you were to be a combination of the two, merchant and warrior, you would be hard to beat, if not impossible.

You don't talk to us, you don't play cricket with us, you don't come to our side ........ how would we know? :(

A matter of great pain for me, and for many of us, but one, at the same time, that we force ourselves to accept as the price for getting through to those few who control Pakistan's destinies that we will not forever sit silent. I still hope to visit your country some day and meet my friends in person, and still hope to show them around my own.

Take care sir .......... BP is silent killer. By the way (for my information only), normally once the virus gets identified, scientists tend to invent a cure for it, some sorts of vaccine or some sorts of spray etc to kill the virus. Any such developments?

I can only hope that one will be discovered. It isn't visible yet. Modi may lose his credibility, but I fear that we are a people not yet ready to understand or to stand up for the inalienable rights of the individual; our Constitution was ages ahead of our deep-rooted prejudices.

Wait till the ones running drug business in Afghanistan realise "Oh shit its hurting our youth too" .... till then nothing coming from Kabul will be (or has been) hashish free.

They can keep wasting their energy on making it look like a goodwill nightmare for Pakistan, but the fact is nearly 70 years of relations won't just go away with a new president. Going forward, I hope appropriate attention and importance is paid to why Pakistan is necessary and its concerns are genuine ...... and why Kabuli war lords are the root cause of all this mess.
lol I don't think the ones running the drug business would ever care about whether it's affecting Afghans or any other ppl. These kind of ppl with no morals only care about the money that's rolling in by selling drugs.

What Afghans need is to realize that hostility towards Pak would yield nothing. If they would accept Durand line as the international border(not that we need them to but just as a good will gesture) and end their activities such as support of BLA, relations would definitely improve. Once relations improve Pak would go out of its way to help build up Afghanistan.

But they r too narrow sighted and greedy. They voted against Pak's admission in US...as a Muslim country they were the sole opposition. Then they tried numerous times to create unrest in Pak and had their eyes on Pak territory. After these kinds of actions they expect Pak to do everything for the good of them :disagree:

Of course by all means use them, will you have been using them from day one. The issue is that the Afghan state and the US considers them the enemy. So if the US holds you accountable and threaten action inside of Pakistan, then Pakistan should not be complaining about it, just some side effects you know.
Of course Afghanistan is not strong enough to hold Pakistan responsible and only resorts to shouting in the media but the US is different story, they go on and fly drones withy immunity and strike whatever targets they want.

Again you have chosen to not respond to the crucial issue -- your statement is akin to saying: "the sky is blue" -- it is un-intersting, does not add anything to the debate and we all know "the sky is blue"

Now the more interesting question perhaps is why have you chosen to sidestep the issues -- there was a litany of points and you chose to say: "the sky is blue". Now we know your a very smart young man -- it is possible you were in a hurry -- it is possible you missed the core point -- but let me put forward a hypothesis on why you chose to ignore the core points:

you simply chose to ignore them because you have no defense against them -- any points that may find takers (including yourself) simply lead to the conclusion that the emperor has no clothes.

I'll state my point in another way: The hostility is between the Afghan elites and Pakistani elites. The hostility is demonstrable -- the hostility is older from the Afghan side -- the hostility is irrational -- the Pakistani side is and will remain stronger -- the Pakistani side is far more important to American and the world's interests than a smaller, more primitive country Afghanistan. Both countries use terrorism against each other, have been using it and will continue to use it if they think it servers their net national interests (or at least their interpretation of it).

Drones, sanctions, aid, just push that equilibrium in different directions -- but that is your current equilibrium.

Back
Top Bottom